TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#461 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well they shouldn't have a game either really!

They should have just said Europe are the hosts and left it at that. Making England & Wales had either restricted them or left them open to criticism for picking outside the hosts.

I understand your point but if the world cup can get two sellouts and French TV coverage for the games in France as opposed to a very small attendance at a small venue ground in England, then surely this is a good thing.

As to Ireland, I am not sure how useful it is to play the Aussies there as it will be a mega thrashing and so do nothing to help out the Irish domestic developments.

I think a 5,000 crowd for this fixture would be considered a success.

#462 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

We are now 6 months away from the WC does anyone on this forum know of any.

* Naming rights sponsor

I think they've already said that it's unlikely there'll be a naming rights sponsor.

#463 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

The competition should definitely not have naming rights.

#464 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,493 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

The competition should definitely not have naming rights.

I tend to agree. I would be happy if someone was willing to pump millions into the game for naming rights but at the same time I can live without the tournament having a name other than the 2013 RLWC.

#465 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Let's wait and see on sponsors. The organisers have done very well so far so I trust them to deliver. Presumably it's easier to sell a comp once the TV deals are known - all that lovely terrestrial TV air time - and the ticket sales are going well? I reckon we'll be fine and dandy.

#466 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Limerick continues to tick over:

Bay 201: 16
Bay 202: 12
Bay 203: 75
Bay 204: 486
Bay 210: 158
Bay 205: 525
Bay 211: 158
Bay 206: 500
Bay 207: 70
Bay 208: 14
Bay 209: 0

That's 2,014 seats allocated + whoever has bought into the General Admission areas on sale.

To put into context, the top 5 crowds ever in Ireland are:
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Samoa - Belfast: 3,207
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Maori - Belfast: 3,164
2011 European Cup: vs France - Limerick: 3,100
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Scotland - Dublin: 1,782
1998 International: vs France - Dublin: 1,511

Meaning we are currently sitting as the fourth best on known ticket sales, and on track to set a new attendance record in Ireland.

Do you have this sort of detailed figures for any other RLWC matches/venues Yakstorm?

#467 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Unfortunately not, Limerick I'm only able to get this information because it's there for all to see.  The French games are similar, in that their seat selector tool gives you an indication about what has already been allocated.

Naturally however I have no transparency on the General Admission areas.  For example at Limerick there could be upwards to another 2,800 tickets already sold in the two terrace (GA) areas that are already on sale.  

Onto positive news for the World Cup, looks likes the vast majority of Millennium Stadium has now been opened up for sale.

Posted Image

#468 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Limerick continues to tick over:

Bay 201: 16

Bay 202: 12

Bay 203: 75

Bay 204: 486

Bay 210: 158

Bay 205: 525

Bay 211: 158

Bay 206: 500

Bay 207: 70

Bay 208: 14

Bay 209: 0

That's 2,014 seats allocated + whoever has bought into the General Admission areas on sale.

To put into context, the top 5 crowds ever in Ireland are:
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Samoa - Belfast: 3,207
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Maori - Belfast: 3,164
2011 European Cup: vs France - Limerick: 3,100
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Scotland - Dublin: 1,782
1998 International: vs France - Dublin: 1,511

Meaning we are currently sitting as the fourth best on known ticket sales, and on track to set a new attendance record in Ireland.

The only issue I have with this are the reports (especially for the opener) in 2000 that loads of tickets had been sold. They were expecting way more than that figure.

The said, the other figures were rather dubious at the time and I suspect an exercise in saving face. Some of the Scottish games looked to have literally tens of people at them. Even the opener I remember wondering where the 3,000 were actually sat.

#469 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,493 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

The opening game in 2000 was widely reported to be sold out. All that had happened was one agency (ticketmaster?) had sold their allocation.

I hope we aren't being told similar stories this time.

#470 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

France-NZ in Avignon

à 6 mois de l'évènement en Provence, nous en sommes à 7000 places vendues (sold) via les clubs, ligues, comités, site web, enseignes partenaires (fnac, carrefour, auchan, virgin,...)

Il ne reste plus que 200 places en Tribune Baranka.(main stand) venez réserver les dernières places de cette tribune sur : http://ffr13.billett....datasport.fr/A ... Id=FFRXIII

Edited by audois, 21 May 2013 - 07:22 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#471 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Onto positive news for the World Cup, looks likes the vast majority of Millennium Stadium has now been opened up for sale.

Oh well... Had been hoping for a different price for the West Stand second tier as probably taking a few non-league friends. £99 will be a bit steep for them. I'll wait for East third tier to open up.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#472 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Oh well... Had been hoping for a different price for the West Stand second tier as probably taking a few non-league friends. £99 will be a bit steep for them. I'll wait for East third tier to open up.

The available tier 3 seats are only £20 and some of the best seats in the house.

area.5630.jpg

#473 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

The only issue I have with this are the reports (especially for the opener) in 2000 that loads of tickets had been sold. They were expecting way more than that figure.

The said, the other figures were rather dubious at the time and I suspect an exercise in saving face. Some of the Scottish games looked to have literally tens of people at them. Even the opener I remember wondering where the 3,000 were actually sat.

It's a fair call, but I think it is fair to say as well that the RFL have clearly learnt from the mistakes in 2000 and have been very reluctant to mention anything about crowds, or how many tickets have been sold for events.  When they actually do, ie. for the final they are able to give a definitive figure, rather than just going 'we are going to sell out'.

With exception to Avignon where the FFRXIII have been very transparent in how many tickets have been sold, most of the other talk has been guesswork by the fans.   As I mentioned above, the figures I'm giving for Limerick are based upon the seat selector tool on the Ticketmaster Ireland website (http://www.ticketmas...&minorcatid=225).  When this event when on sale, there were 6,925 seats available for purchase, and a bunch of GA terrace tickets (between 2,500 and 2,800).  My update is based purely on the number of seats which have now been taken off sale, which I have assumed is because of ticket sales, rather than someone ripping out the seats and thus making them unusable.  As we stood on the 19th, 2,014 of those 6,925 had been taken off sale (2,023 as of this morning), making it a fair assumption that 2,000+ of the venue has been sold (as no one has any visibility on how many GA's are gone).

As you also mentioned, some of the Ireland crowds in the past, including their last fixture at Limerick, have been questionable.  This actually looks like real sales, which should be of encouragement to all concerned.  The other positive move for this game, and also versus the last World Cup, is the promoters have actually only put the stand that is in the TV arc on sale first, rather than the whole venue. This will mean, if nothing else, the match will look good on TV, and there is a chance of a bit of an atmosphere as everyone is sitting together.

Posted Image

#474 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Or details of TV coverage in Australia, NZ, france or anywhere else apart from the Uk and Ireland ???

I believe Maori TV have got the rights in NZ.

#475 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

I believe Maori TV have got the rights in NZ.

Really? Where did you hear that?

#476 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

It's a fair call, but I think it is fair to say as well that the RFL have clearly learnt from the mistakes in 2000 and have been very reluctant to mention anything about crowds, or how many tickets have been sold for events.  When they actually do, ie. for the final they are able to give a definitive figure, rather than just going 'we are going to sell out'.

With exception to Avignon where the FFRXIII have been very transparent in how many tickets have been sold, most of the other talk has been guesswork by the fans.   As I mentioned above, the figures I'm giving for Limerick are based upon the seat selector tool on the Ticketmaster Ireland website (http://www.ticketmas...&minorcatid=225).  When this event when on sale, there were 6,925 seats available for purchase, and a bunch of GA terrace tickets (between 2,500 and 2,800).  My update is based purely on the number of seats which have now been taken off sale, which I have assumed is because of ticket sales, rather than someone ripping out the seats and thus making them unusable.  As we stood on the 19th, 2,014 of those 6,925 had been taken off sale (2,023 as of this morning), making it a fair assumption that 2,000+ of the venue has been sold (as no one has any visibility on how many GA's are gone).

As you also mentioned, some of the Ireland crowds in the past, including their last fixture at Limerick, have been questionable.  This actually looks like real sales, which should be of encouragement to all concerned.  The other positive move for this game, and also versus the last World Cup, is the promoters have actually only put the stand that is in the TV arc on sale first, rather than the whole venue. This will mean, if nothing else, the match will look good on TV, and there is a chance of a bit of an atmosphere as everyone is sitting together.

Good stuff Yakstorm, and very informative. Hopefully we can get a five-figure crowd there …

#477 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

Really? Where did you hear that?

Not quite certain on where I
read that Jim. I am pretty certain they have and I intend watching it on there.

#478 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

May have made a mistake there Jim.

Edited by frank, 22 May 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#479 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

A nice Q&A with Gareth Thomas in today's Metro.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#480 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

A nice Q&A with Gareth Thomas in today's Metro.

It can't have been any worse than the last Q&A he did. I can't even remember which paper did it.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users