Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#481 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,702 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Just bought two tickets for the opener - had to go in the upper tier as the reasonably priced 1st and 2nd tier tickets were sold out (no 2 together).

Bit of a pain, but I should have got in there more quickly!

#482 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Bit of a pain, but I should have got in there more quickly!

(that's what she said)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#483 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,336 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

The available tier 3 seats are only £20 and some of the best seats in the house.

Are they on general sale or is that an offer?

#484 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Are they on general sale or is that an offer?

https://www.eticketi...px?itemref=9323

The view I posted was from section U3. You can also get behind the sticks for £25.

Edited by Evil Homer, 23 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#485 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

An additional four bays have been opened up in the Britannia Rescue Stand at John Smith's Stadium for the England v Ireland clash which is encouraging.

Posted Image

#486 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

An additional four bays have been opened up in the Britannia Rescue Stand at John Smith's Stadium for the England v Ireland clash which is encouraging.

An additional three have been opened at Spotland for the Fiji vs Ireland match too.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#487 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

when are we ever going to hear about RLWC TV coverage in Oz, NZ, France etc?

#488 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

I heard somewhere that due to the apathy in Oz for the international game, the WC will be shown on Wide World of Sports in a 15 min summary piece in February 2014

#489 Casfan1978

Casfan1978
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Has there been any updates recently on ticket sales (as per the original title on this thread) ?

Sally & Co have gone quiet (which is never a good sign as far as RL 'Big Events' go) and Im literally waiting to see the same strap lines coming out such as 'tickets are on sale for this must see event" which usually means that they're struggling to sell them.

Also, sponsors... where are they ? Hertz and Marriott seem to be the only ones Ive seen and broadcasting seems to have been covered off in the posts above ?

Any ideas any one ?

#490 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 817 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Taken from Phillipe Barreaus report today on the French forum of the interview with the president of the French Rugby 13 federation. Three points of interest are the great ticket sales for Avignon, the amount they have to spend to stage the games and the fact that despite being listed as the 4th best nation in the World by the RLIF their target is a quarter final place.

Carlos Zalduendo the World Cup approaches. Where is the FFR13 the preparation of meetings that will be played on French soil, and what goals have you set for your team?

Since we were elected (17 November 2012), we gave priority to the organization of two World Cup matches in France. For two reasons. The first is that we have goals to achieve The FFR13 got the organization of these games, but the price is € 215,000. So to achieve success, we worked with the help of regional committees and clubs. Because this event will be for the French rugby league, the (shop) window it needs to regain its place in the landscape of French sport. If we succeed in our aims, we will have additional resources to support the development of French rugby league. Up till now, we have sold 7,000 tickets for the match in Avignon, something that has never been seen in our sport. Four months before the game! Imagine if Sonny Bill Williams is selected for the Kiwis ... We may not have enough room at the Parc des Sports (18000 seats)! The second reason is that we are targetting for the  French team to reach the quarterfinals. We are certainly in the group of death in this World Cup, with the world champions, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, a country whose national sport is rugby 13 and who have been given a one million euro grant to prepare for the event, and Samoa which is known for its rugby prowess. To qualify is a very tough goal to obtain.

Carlos Zalduendo, la Coupe du monde approche. Où en est la FFR13 sur la préparation des rencontres qui se joueront sur le sol français, et quels objectifs avez-vous fixé à votre équipe ?
 Depuis que nous avons été élus (le 17 novembre 2012), nous avons donné une priorité à l’organisation des deux matches de Coupe du monde en France. Pour deux raisons. La première, c’est que nous avons des objectifs à tenir. La FFR13 a obtenu l’organisation de ces deux rencontres mais le prix à payer est de 215 000 euros. Alors, pour réussir notre pari, avec l’aide des comités régionaux concernés et des clubs, nous avons travaillé. Parce que cet événement sera, pour le rugby à treize français, la vitrine dont elle a besoin pour reconquérir sa place dans le paysage du sport français. Si nous réussissons dans notre entreprise, nous aurons des moyens supplémentaires pour aider au développement du rugby à treize français. Aujourd’hui, nous avons vendu 7 000 places pour le match d’Avignon, quelque chose qui ne s’est jamais vu dans notre sport. Quatre mois avant le match ! Je vous laisse imaginer si Sonny Bill Williams est sélectionné chez les Kiwis… On risque de ne pas avoir assez de places au Parc des Sports (18000 places) ! La deuxième raison est que l’objectif sportif fixé à l’équipe de France sera d’atteindre les quarts de finale. Nous sommes certainement dans la poule la plus relevée de cette Coupe du monde, avec les champions du monde en titre, la Nouvelle-Zélande, la Papouasie Nouvelle Guinée, pays dont le sport national est le rugby à 13 et qui a dégagé un million d’euros de subvention pour préparer l’événement, et les Samoa, dont on connaît les valeurs rugbystiques. Nous qualifier est un objectif très dur à relever.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#491 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Opening ceremony seems to be gaining some momentum.

Updating from what we can see from Ticketmaster for the event, the following areas appear to have been sold:

• Category 1 - Bay 7 & 11 have been filled, and now selling into 12
  • Category 2 - Bays 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 have been majority filled.
  • Category 3 - Not on sale
  • Category 4 - Bays 1, 2, 3, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 36, 37, 38 only have single seats left.
  • Category 5 - Bays 1, 2, 3, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 only have single seats left.
  • Category 6 – Still can’t buy into this section at all…assuming it isn’t on sale.
  • Category 7 - All Bays in the lower bowl are now down to single seats only (16 part bays)

Using the guestimations we used earlier, in the lower bowl we have now filled 28 of 42 bays (it was 12 last time we checked this), which equates to roughly 15,600 tickets. (Lower bowl capacity 23,500)

In the middle tier we have now moved 18 of 38 bays which equals 8,500 tickets (Middle Bay capacity 18,000).  There is then those middle bays L9, M8, M9, M10 which aren't on sale despite being in prime position.  It's relatively safe to assume that the reason for this would be because they are sponsor/comp/partner allocations, which adds in another 2,000 tickets.

Now naturally these predictions have faults, as not all bays are equal size, and it doesn’t take into account people buying into other bays that haven’t reached capacity, especially those Cat 1 & 2 seats on the Western side, or anyone in the top tier.  That said, doing the math it would be fair to say that around 26,000 tickets have been moved for the opening ceremony now, up from roughly 14,000 when we last did some predicting.

This means this match will be the largest international crowd ever for Rugby League at Millennium Stadium, up on the 17,612 that turned up for the double header in 2000.

Considering how well Category's 4 and 5 have been selling at Millennium, it makes you wonder when the RFL and Ticketmaster will put on sale the North side of the ground, and the Category 6 seats on the South...  I know they'd be keen to sell out some of the sideline areas first, but if that's where the demand is (behind the posts), then they should be catering for it.  

Posted Image

#492 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Updating from what we can see from Ticketmaster for the event, the following areas appear to have been sold:

• Category 4 - Bays 1, 2, 3, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 36, 37, 38 only have single seats left.
  • Category 5 - Bays 1, 2, 3, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 only have single seats left.
  • Category 6 – Still can’t buy into this section at all…assuming it isn’t on sale.
  • Category 7 - All Bays in the lower bowl are now down to single seats only (16 part bays)

Using the guestimations we used earlier, in the lower bowl we have now filled 28 of 42 bays (it was 12 last time we checked this), which equates to roughly 15,600 tickets. (Lower bowl capacity 23,500)

In the middle tier we have now moved 18 of 38 bays which equals 8,500 tickets (Middle Bay capacity 18,000).  There is then those middle bays L9, M8, M9, M10 which aren't on sale despite being in prime position.  It's relatively safe to assume that the reason for this would be because they are sponsor/comp/partner allocations, which adds in another 2,000 tickets.

Now naturally these predictions have faults, as not all bays are equal size, and it doesn’t take into account people buying into other bays that haven’t reached capacity, especially those Cat 1 & 2 seats on the Western side, or anyone in the top tier.  That said, doing the math it would be fair to say that around 26,000 tickets have been moved for the opening ceremony now, up from roughly 14,000 when we last did some predicting.

This means this match will be the largest international crowd ever for Rugby League at Millennium Stadium, up on the 17,612 that turned up for the double header in 2000.

Considering how well Category's 4 and 5 have been selling at Millennium, it makes you wonder when the RFL and Ticketmaster will put on sale the North side of the ground, and the Category 6 seats on the South...  I know they'd be keen to sell out some of the sideline areas first, but if that's where the demand is (behind the posts), then they should be catering for it.  

If 26,000 tickets have been so;ld that would be a great effort with more than 4 months to go till kick-off.

I wonder if any sections have been reserved (but tickets not yet actually sold) for any supporter tours from Australia? (Or even elsewhere?) Or for groups like the Fanatics?

#493 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

It seems they may be supporters tours for fans of PNG, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands and NZ as well as the Kangaroos.

http://www.therugbyl...erience.com.au/

#494 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I notice the tours include getting to hear the thoughts rantings of Stevo- not sure that adds value to the package! Though as he is talking about the history of the game, they may be on safer ground.

Edited by flyingking, 10 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#495 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

I just have a gut feeling, somewhat supported by all these positive ticket selling stories, that this WC is going to be a huge success with some great attendances from Workington to Perpignan and all points in between.

If we get some good games live on terrestrial TV, the game will sell itself to the British public and hopefully will give a boost to all sections of the game here and also provide a healthy profit for international development inititiatives.

In any event, i am looking forward to it enormously. I went to my first world cup when there were only four teams in it with no games outside the M62 corridor, even though it wasn't built in those days,and now look where we are, having to play qualifiying tournaments just to get to the finals. We've come a long way baby.

#496 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I just have a gut feeling, somewhat supported by all these positive ticket selling stories, that this WC is going to be a huge success with some great attendances from Workington to Perpignan and all points in between.

Don't worry, the feeling will soon pass. ;)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#497 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

If 26,000 tickets have been so;ld that would be a great effort with more than 4 months to go till kick-off.

There will be more than that sold. As Yakstorm said, it doesn't include any tickets sold in the upper tier, which have now been on sale for a while. I haven't bought mine yet (waiting to see if the £40 tickets are made available) but I am taking a part of at least 12 non-RL fans with me.

On other matches, just purchased two tickets for Leigh and the Wigan Quarter Final.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#498 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,702 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

The category 6 seats are on sale and available online. I bought mine here a couple of weeks back.

#499 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

I went to my first world cup when there were only four teams in it with no games outside the M62 corridor,

Tell us more!

#500 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've been a proper boring git tonight and looked at tickets for the Wembley game (I am looking at taking another group of around 10 hence the interest!):

- Bays 143, 142, 124, 104, 103, 102 either aren't on sale or all sold out

- Bays 141, 126, 125, 120, 119, 108, and 105 are all sold out other than individual tickets.

- Bays 112, 110 and 109 only cater for 3 tickets together

- Bays 106 only cater for 8 tickets together

- The rest all cater for 10 tickets together. However, most of those tickets seem to be up into the higher rows i.e. 30+ (other than Bays 135, 134, 133, 123, and 111)

So I reckoning about 20,000 tickets have been sold as a minimum for the semi-final so far.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 11 June 2013 - 08:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users