Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#521 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,101 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

The match I regret missing was the 1995 WC semi between New Zealand and Australia which went to extra time. I didn't go to Huddersfield because the RFL put up the sold out posters. The official attendance was 16,608 :angry:

that pretty much was full wasnt it?

#522 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

that pretty much was full wasnt it?

No. The crowd for the 1995 Regal Trophy Final played at Huddersfield was over 19,000 which would've been somewhere around capacity. There's a few videos of that WC game between Aus and NZ and you can see lots of empty seats behind the sticks at the one end that was built at that time.

The ticketing system for the 1995 WC was a bit if a shambles all round. Seem to remember that was one of the reasons why the RFL set up their own ticket department.

#523 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think the opening ceremony game is vital for this tournement if we manage to get a huge crowd for this and just a real good spectacle then this will create a good feel factor about the rest of the tournement and games will sell out alot easier and quicker from there. we should be making a huge push to sell this game out lots of marketing and ticket offers ect

#524 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

I think the opening ceremony game is vital for this tournement if we manage to get a huge crowd for this and just a real good spectacle then this will create a good feel factor about the rest of the tournement and games will sell out alot easier and quicker from there. we should be making a huge push to sell this game out lots of marketing and ticket offers ect

Absolutely!

#525 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Regardless of everything, I find that, although I'm 61 a week next Wednesday (don't send money, just booze), with over  four months to go I'm getting quite childishly excited at the thought of it all. Ridiculous.

#526 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

2,179 seats (+ General Admission) have now been sold for Limerick.  I've also noticed that additional price types have been added to the Limerick game, including Family tickets and group discounts. 

As for Millennium Stadium, in addition to the bays on the Eastern side which we had discovered were primarily sold out before, Category 2 Bays, 31 and 29, plus Category 1 Bay, 32 on the Western side appear to now be full as well.

This means we have now filled 30 of the 42 lower bowl bays, (which equates to roughly 16,800 tickets) and 19 of 38 middle bay tickets (which is another 9,000).  Ticketmaster is now selling into Category 6 and 7 on the Upper Tier by default now which is encouraging, and of course the greyed out bays on the Eastern side for lower and middle tiers we assume as sold out (another 2,000 tickets).   I wonder if it is the same for those bays on the Western side... regardless, we are now sitting at 28,000+ tickets moved for Millennium, with the venue ticking over nicely. 

If my guesstimates are near to the truth, that is roughly 2,000 tickets moved in 7 days.  If that trend could be sustained, that's another 37,000 odd tickets we'd move by tournament kick off...  65K in a 72.5K venue would be deemed pretty successful by most involved.

Posted Image

#527 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Was planning my world cup itinerary on Saturday. Should manage to get to 24 of the 28 matches. The first week after the opening ceremony weekend is quite exciting as there is a trip to Rochdale Monday, Workington Tuesday, Bristol Wednesday, then Eurostar to Avignon for the match on Friday before flying back home Saturday morning in time for the England v Ireland game at Huddersfield on Saturday afternoon, before shooting down the M62 to watch the Aussies v Figi at St Helens Saturday evening, then off to Wrexham on Sunday for Wales v USA.

Best pop into work on the Monday before the PNG v Samoa game at Hull KR on Monday evening & Tonga v Cook Islands on the Tuesday. Heaven knows what I'll do on the Wednesday evening as there aren't any games. Suppose I can always watch them again on Premier Sports.

Can't wait!!

Is that doable? What sort of price has that set you back?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#528 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

My first World Cup is 2013!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#529 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

My Origin holiday is now finished. I'm back in England and can look into booking my RLWC matches now!

#530 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Just bought 5 tickets for the game at Cardiff, got some corking seats in the £20 section in U35...the same position in the middle tier is £99! Bought a Fiji-Ireland ticket as well so I could use the Scrum offer - £27 for three World Cup games is pretty good going I reckon!

Will also be going to the games at Leigh, Salford and the final but will buy those a little nearer to the time.

#531 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 649 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Just bought 2 more for the final and 2 for bristol.

Good to see a 3 sides open for Bristol.

Will get more closer to the time - depending on how many brownie points I can get between now and then!

#532 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Just bought 5 tickets for the game at Cardiff, got some corking seats in the £20 section in U35...the same position in the middle tier is £99!

Interestingly you can only buy 6 tickets together in U35, 4 in U4 and just 3 in U25. If that is the case, it is a good indication the upper tiers are selling very well.

I hope they open the West and East Stand Upper Tier soon as that is where I am aiming to get tickets.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#533 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Good to see a 3 sides open for Bristol.

East Stand 2 is sold out (got my ticket in there) and East Stand 1 allows you to buy only 8 tickets together. You can't seem to get any tickets in South 1 either (but 2 is open) so not sure if that is sold out. All in all, looks like tickets at Bristol are selling reasonably well, which is great news.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#534 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Is that doable? What sort of price has that set you back?

Eurostar tickets aren't on sale yet, but should cost £67.50 for the 7:01 out of St Pancras. Change in Paris and get the 11:07 to Avignon arriving 13:49. Kick-off is 8pm, though I'm arriving the day before.

Reckon it's a few hours kip after the match back at the hotel, then a 3am drive to Lyon to catch the 5:50am TGV to Paris, arriving 7:59 with plenty of time before the 11am flight to Leeds-Bradford (£111.70) arrive 11:30 England time, which provides plenty of time to drive to Huddersfield for the 2.30pm kick-off.

#535 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Eurostar tickets aren't on sale yet, but should cost £67.50 for the 7:01 out of St Pancras. Change in Paris and get the 11:07 to Avignon arriving 13:49. Kick-off is 8pm, though I'm arriving the day before.

Reckon it's a few hours kip after the match back at the hotel, then a 3am drive to Lyon to catch the 5:50am TGV to Paris, arriving 7:59 with plenty of time before the 11am flight to Leeds-Bradford (£111.70) arrive 11:30 England time, which provides plenty of time to drive to Huddersfield for the 2.30pm kick-off.

Excellent SWS, good trip that one.

#536 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Two of the three Grandstand sections at Workington are sold out (bar individual tickets) for the Scotland vs Tonga match. It will be a belter as well I reckon.

Even more seats sold in the Scotland vs Italy game. Only two seats together are available in one of the three Grandstand sections whilst the middle one is sold and the third only having individual seats.

The Grandstand at Hull KR for the Samoa vs PNG game doesn't seem to have any seats available at all!

Edited by GeordieSaint, 17 June 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#537 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Booking my tickets for the opening ceremony tonight. I hope theres going to be space for four as im bringing my bruv, dad and his girlfriend. Hope its gonna be a cracker what with it being my first live game.

Would any one be able to offer sone advice on seating as I have only watched the game on TV and dont know if its worth splashing the cash for some expensive seats or not.

#538 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,101 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Booking my tickets for the opening ceremony tonight. I hope theres going to be space for four as im bringing my bruv, dad and his girlfriend. Hope its gonna be a cracker what with it being my first live game.

Would any one be able to offer sone advice on seating as I have only watched the game on TV and dont know if its worth splashing the cash for some expensive seats or not.

ive paid 25 each in u18 - behind the goals. Its a view i like. High enough but not top tier!

#539 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think a lot of the places may have a "view from my seat" function.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#540 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

The ticketing system for the 1995 WC was a bit if a shambles all round. Seem to remember that was one of the reasons why the RFL set up their own ticket department.

I recall some tickets were sold by Synchro Systems (?).
I also was set to go with my dad, but didnt as we heard 'sold out', which turned out not to be the case

WC2000 opener, Twickers, I called Ticketmaster who after lengthy on hold music advised only singles left. Then rang RFL and found different

Morale of the story is that ticket agencies are only interested in selling their allocation, not the event