Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#541 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

I've just had difficulty booking 4 grandstand tickets for each of the 2 games at Workington, but got there, though will be sitting separately to the family.

After the re-furb of DP and new seats I'd guess the grandstand holds around 1200-1300?

Maybe there's a case for getting in a temporary stand structure for behind the posts at one end? There's space on the speedway track for this and their season will have finished.

#542 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I recall some tickets were sold by Synchro Systems (?).
I also was set to go with my dad, but didnt as we heard 'sold out', which turned out not to be the case

Synchro are actually owned by Ticketmaster these days. The World Cup sales are all on a central system via Ticketmaster - each venue logs on to the same website and effectively 'sell' the tickets in almost exactly the same manner as if you were buying them online. The seat availability and the like will be controlled by RLWC Ticketing.

#543 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Synchro are actually owned by Ticketmaster these days. The World Cup sales are all on a central system via Ticketmaster - each venue logs on to the same website and effectively 'sell' the tickets in almost exactly the same manner as if you were buying them online. The seat availability and the like will be controlled by RLWC Ticketing.

Edited by shaun mc, 18 June 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#544 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Grrr... posting from work with an out of date browser.....

Trying to say that

Edited by shaun mc, 18 June 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#545 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

not all games are on Ticketmasters website. Workington games as 1 example.

#546 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

not all games are on Ticketmasters website. Workington games as 1 example.

they are. Ticketmaster site takes you to RL ticket site which is run by ticketmaster anyway, but all the games are on there.

#547 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

they are. Ticketmaster site takes you to RL ticket site which is run by ticketmaster anyway, but all the games are on there.

Your right it does......probably operator error at the weekend!
Must have searched incorrectly at the weekend as it didn't give a full fixture listing.

#548 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

2,179 seats (+ General Admission) have now been sold for Limerick.  I've also noticed that additional price types have been added to the Limerick game, including Family tickets and group discounts. 

As for Millennium Stadium, in addition to the bays on the Eastern side which we had discovered were primarily sold out before, Category 2 Bays, 31 and 29, plus Category 1 Bay, 32 on the Western side appear to now be full as well.

This means we have now filled 30 of the 42 lower bowl bays, (which equates to roughly 16,800 tickets) and 19 of 38 middle bay tickets (which is another 9,000).  Ticketmaster is now selling into Category 6 and 7 on the Upper Tier by default now which is encouraging, and of course the greyed out bays on the Eastern side for lower and middle tiers we assume as sold out (another 2,000 tickets).   I wonder if it is the same for those bays on the Western side... regardless, we are now sitting at 28,000+ tickets moved for Millennium, with the venue ticking over nicely. 

If my guesstimates are near to the truth, that is roughly 2,000 tickets moved in 7 days.  If that trend could be sustained, that's another 37,000 odd tickets we'd move by tournament kick off...  65K in a 72.5K venue would be deemed pretty successful by most involved.

As for Millennium Stadium ...  the greyed out bays on the Eastern side for lower and middle tiers we assume as sold out (another 2,000 tickets).   I wonder if it is the same for those bays on the Western side.

Are you sure about that ?????? Maybe demand is so weak they haven't put it on sale at all yet ??

#549 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Are you sure about that ?????? Maybe demand is so weak they haven't put it on sale at all yet ??

maybe they are waiting for the tens of thousands of rabid internationalists from Australia to purchase their tickets.

#550 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

Hopefully, yes !!!

I'd love to go but I can't get the time off work.   :-(

And a bit more promotion of the event here in Oz wouldn't go astray ... plus, years of bad/irregular/non-existent RLWC scheduling hasn't helped.

By the 2017 RLWC in Oz, we may get a lot more interest/anticipation here as it will be the first RLWC event EVER to be held 4 years after the previous one !!!!

#551 Roughyhead true

Roughyhead true
  • Facebook
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

It will be s disaster. People have very short memories we can't sell out eng v Aus at Wigan what hope is there for Wembley,Cardiff and old Trafford. It will be embarrassing to see these stadiums half full on national TV. Yes I'll be going to games hopefully Cardiff and old Trafford. Be lucky to get 30k at each venue.

#552 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

That's the spirit! 

You do know they have sold more than 30k for Old Trafford already don't you?

It will be s disaster. People have very short memories we can't sell out eng v Aus at Wigan what hope is there for Wembley,Cardiff and old Trafford. It will be embarrassing to see these stadiums half full on national TV. Yes I'll be going to games hopefully Cardiff and old Trafford. Be lucky to get 30k at each venue.

#553 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Lovely stuff that.

Posted Image

#554 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Luckily all those empty red seats will hide your embarrassed red face.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#555 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,842 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Proper @rlmeltdown stuff, that.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#556 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Well if that's all we achieve, and i think you are mistaken, 30,000 is an improvement on any crowd at Wigan which only has a 25,000 capacity.

Last time we played a double header at Wembley we got over 40,000. Last time we played an international at Cardiff. i think we got 17,000. apparently there have been over 25,000 sold for this game to date.

Did you see the post about the USA v Cook Islands game having one stand sold out? Now that's a positive to me. two minor nations, in RL terms, playing in a stadium nowhere near the heartlands and we have sold out one stand, amazing to me.

Did you see the post about the huge pre game sales for the France game at Avignon ? The game in Ireland is apparently going rather well also. A poster is having trouble getting tickets in the stand at Workington.

To me the signs are mostly positive and I hope you are wrong in your bleak asessment.

#557 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Some will cry failure unless every game is a sell out.

40k+ at Wembley would be fine.

OT will be full for the final I am sure of it.

#558 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Bless!

#559 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

apparently there have been over 25,000 sold for this game to date.

Yakstorm's guestimates don't include tickets sold in the upper tier. Doing a 10 ticket purchase in each of those sections highlight many have sold above 15 rows already with 2 unable to seat 10 together. I'll guestimate we are a way over the 30K mark already at Cardiff.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#560 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Has there been much actual promotion in WALES for the double header opener?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users