RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#21 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

So, anyone else been taking up the "early bird"offer?

Not yet, but I will be. I want that free hat.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#22 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Has anyone received their tickets or beanie hat yet?

I don't want to have to knit one for Grandma.

#23 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

When i booked my tickets they told me i would get my tickets about 30 days before the game you got the tickets for,i would had thought the beanie hats would be received when the early bird offer runs out before xmas this year.

#24 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

There have been tweets saying that the 10,000 left last week is now 7000, so that seems like pretty good sales.

Edited by thehullram, 10 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#25 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

There ahve been tweets saying that the 10,000 left last week is now 7000, so that seems like pretty good sales.

It's actually a great Christmas present idea.

I'm hoping that my family will have bought me a ticket, I've tried hinting and blatantly asking for one!

I can get a decent seat for £25, including a hat - pretty good as far as I'm concerned!

#26 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

A reminder for anyone wanting discounted Final tickets, beanie hats or great Christmas presents, that you need to act straight away. The Early Bird Offer expires Sunday, after which date the hats disappear and the ticket prices increase by £5. As Dave T says, if you need to buy a gift for someone who is a sports fan, this is ideal. They do not necessarily have to be RL fans (in fact in some ways, it might be better if they are not!). Any genuine sports lover is likely to appreciate the chance to experience a top international event and cracking atmosphere at Old Trafford.
http://www.rlwc2013.com/tickets

You never know, you might in the process attract new fans and players; that is what happened to me. I bought a very reasonably priced Challenge Cup Final Ticket, mainly to experience a big occasion Wembley atmosphere and was instantly hooked by the speed and open nature of the game as well as the noise generated by the crowd.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I've bought tickets for 20 out of the 30 games including Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford.

I hope I get a hat.
Posted Image

#28 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

any guesses as to when the actual kick off times will be known? I presume the second game of the Cardiff header will be an evening kick off but would love it not to be as I could get back home on the train afterwards

#29 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

any guesses as to when the actual kick off times will be known? I presume the second game of the Cardiff header will be an evening kick off but would love it not to be as I could get back home on the train afterwards

Assume this is dependent on which broadcasters show which games.

If the BBC are to show the Eng v Aus game at Cardiff then I cant see it kicking off any later than 4pm as they wont eat into Saturday night scheduling. If its on Sky then it could kick off at any time up to 8pm!

#30 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

My Rugby club's Chairman bought my tickets through the club so I'd better ask him for the tenner back and the 2 beanies when he receives them. :D

Edited by HappyDave, 13 December 2012 - 12:02 AM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Don't know wether the early bird is worth it. Just forked out £100+ quid for the magic weekend and its just coming upto xmas, does anyone know the price of the final when its not an early bird offer?

#32 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

https://www.eticketi...px?itemref=9325

No idea. ;) [teasing]
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#33 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

I've bought tickets for 20 out of the 30 games including Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford.

I hope I get a hat.

What about the other 10?

Call yourself a fan?

Part-timer! ;-)

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 13 December 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#34 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

What about the other 10?

Call yourself a fan?

Part-timer! ;-)

Some of the others are difficult due to match times.

Perpignon-Huddersfield on the same day may be tricky. Same goes for Limerick-Hull

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#35 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Assume this is dependent on which broadcasters show which games.

If the BBC are to show the Eng v Aus game at Cardiff then I cant see it kicking off any later than 4pm as they wont eat into Saturday night scheduling. If its on Sky then it could kick off at any time up to 8pm!

I think we'll find that the opening games will be 2 and 4 pm k.os, as I can't see having a game in Cardiff finishing mid to late evening being enormously popular with supporters, most of whom will be travelling on the day (having said that, this is the RFL we're dealing with here!). This would then probably make the final a Sky evening game.

#36 dredgie

dredgie
  • Coach
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Has anyone received their tickets or beanie hat yet?

I don't want to have to knit one for Grandma.

3 Beanies arrived this morning, handy xmas present for my boys

#37 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Some of the others are difficult due to match times.

Perpignon-Huddersfield on the same day may be tricky. Same goes for Limerick-Hull

You realise that he was being humourous, yes?

Last new RL ground (77): The Gnoll, Neath - Wales v Cook Islands 10/11/13

#38 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Just to bump this up.

5pm today is the deadline for the early bird offer (£5 off WC Final ticket, plus a free beanie hat).

Just bought mine after seeing on twitter that there are less than 1k early bird tickets left. This suggests that almost 10k have been sold in the last week or two.

#39 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Beanie hats received this morning!!

#40 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Just booked 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users