Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#641 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Two tickets bought for England vs Ireland.

It seems like I've coaxed a fairly substantial part from Kings Lynn RL Club to attend the semi-final at Wembley too!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#642 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Just announced that Tanni Grey-Thompson will attend the finals day of the wheelchair world cup down there in Kent.  That's quite a coup.  I hope the RLWC office doesn't just limit its press release to Twitter (which is where I saw it) but tries to get the news out there to the wider world as she is a very well established and high profile name in sport.

Edited by Saintslass, 25 June 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#643 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Just announced that Tanni Grey-Thompson will attend the finals day of the wheelchair world cup down there in Kent.  That's quite a coup.  I hope the RLWC office doesn't just limit its press release to Twitter (which is where I saw it) but tries to get the news out there to the wider world as she is a very well established and high profile name in sport.

Who?

EDIT: Ah, OK http://www.totalrl.c...r-world-cu-r105

Edited by brooza, 25 June 2013 - 09:49 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#644 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

You can add two Aussies for the Opening game and an Aussie and two Irish for the Final for ticket sales.

You should all also go the the game in Limerick where you can have a boozy irish weekend on the scenic west coast AND watch Ireland and Australia to boot.

• Rob likes this

#645 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Bloom, the marketing partner for the World Cup has got lots of interesting snippets about how things are going.

http://www.bloomagen...2013s-host-day/

Some of the statements there sound very positive.

"It was exciting to hear that all of the biggest venues for the world cup’s fixtures are way ahead of target for ticket sales, and the team have been busy building relationships and spreading the word across a whole host of media."

"David Brook (Business and Sport Development Manager at The Shay Stadium, Halifax) then outlined how he has been planning one of the largest haka performances with primary schools as part of the education programme. It’s great to see that this world cup is already leaving a legacy with 190 schools signed up to be a part of the event."

"...we were challenged by Martin to brainstorm ideas for the arrival of the match-day balls, execution of an overarching marketing campaign around 100 days and wow moments for each fixture.  This was a great section of the day as it gave each round table a chance to exchange suggestions and think big – again I can’t tell you all of the ideas we came up with as some will be used but I can say that we weren’t afraid to go big!"

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#646 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Went along to my local, the Junction in Otley, ready to put 6 names down for their fun bus trip to Old Trafford, but too late, it filled up within the week

Looks like Id better get some tickets pronto...

Count 6 more for the final, another batch of tickets bought by the Juntion, Otley and a bigger bus hired due to greater than expected demand

Now, lets ghave a look at the group games...

#647 Intake Don

Intake Don
  • Facebook
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Im proper looking forward to world cup cant believe it starts in 4 months tomoz. I got tickets for opener semis n final so far n got 4 non rugby league fans to make the trip wiv us to wembley aswell : ) Gonna book the rest of the England games nearer time plus a few others hopefully. roll on oct 26th!!!

#648 Thegreatestgameofall

Thegreatestgameofall
  • Facebook
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

You should all also go the the game in Limerick where you can have a boozy irish weekend on the scenic west coast AND watch Ireland and Australia to boot.

Forgot to mention that I shall be attending that game with the Irish folk I know who will doing their best to bring as many Irish friends they can to the game

#649 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

Bloom, the marketing partner for the World Cup has got lots of interesting snippets about how things are going.
http://www.bloomagen...2013s-host-day/

Some of the statements there sound very positive.
"It was exciting to hear that all of the biggest venues for the world cup’s fixtures are way ahead of target for ticket sales, and the team have been busy building relationships and spreading the word across a whole host of media."
"David Brook (Business and Sport Development Manager at The Shay Stadium, Halifax) then outlined how he has been planning one of the largest haka performances with primary schools as part of the education programme. It’s great to see that this world cup is already leaving a legacy with 190 schools signed up to be a part of the event."
"...we were challenged by Martin to brainstorm ideas for the arrival of the match-day balls, execution of an overarching marketing campaign around 100 days and wow moments for each fixture.  This was a great section of the day as it gave each round table a chance to exchange suggestions and think big – again I can’t tell you all of the ideas we came up with as some will be used but I can say that we weren’t afraid to go big!"

Thanks for posting that. interesting, informative and positive.

#650 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

The Fiji vs Ireland game looks to be selling very well. You can only buy more than 2 x tickets together in Section G of the Main Stand. The other six sections are either sold our or individual seats.

The games I'd be worried about attendance-wise would be:

1. Australia vs Fiji at Langtree Park - why the tickets are so expensive I'll never know.

2. New Zealand vs Samoa at Warrington - as per above.

3. Scotland vs USA at Salford

4. Tonga vs Cook Islands at Leigh

Not seem to be selling too well. It's only a guestimate of course.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 26 June 2013 - 07:22 AM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#651 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

The Fiji vs Ireland game looks to be selling very well. You can only buy more than 2 x tickets together in Section G of the Main Stand. The other six sections are either sold our or individual seats.

1. Australia vs Fiji at Langtree Park - why the tickets are so expensive I'll never know.

This is the first WC we have had in 13 years here and people are moaning about parting with £20 for a pool game. The RFU are looking to charge around £700 for a final ticket in 2015 and up to £100 plus for some of the best seats in pool games. The St Helens public are often late comers when it comes to buying tickets. This fixture will sell really well once the competition draws nearer.

#652 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

i got tickets for NZ v Samoa for a tenner. Not bad value at all.

I do agree about some of the pricing - i think weve discussed it before.

#653 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Just booked and paid for me and 't wife  for opening games at Cardiff,  Eng V Fiji, Eng V Ireland, Wemberlee semis and OT Final via a very patient and helpful guy at the RFL.

#654 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Semi-finals and Final sorted, if I can get my *rse into gear will be sorting all 4 Quarter-Finals at the weekend, unfortunately can't make the opener but hoping to attend several group games as well.

Should point out there are 7 of us going to the final and the mate that booked them said he had to phone the RFL as he was struggling to find 7 seats together in the price range we were looking at

Edited by Cumbrian Fanatic, 26 June 2013 - 09:12 AM.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#655 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

This is the first WC we have had in 13 years here and people are moaning about parting with £20 for a pool game. The RFU are looking to charge around £700 for a final ticket in 2015 and up to £100 plus for some of the best seats in pool games. The St Helens public are often late comers when it comes to buying tickets. This fixture will sell really well once the competition draws nearer.

I don't care about RU and am certainly not complaining about £20 tickets. I am debating why it costs £40 for some tickets at that match and £30 at Warrington. Saints fans aren't particularly known for their generosity in my opinion and I have no idea why the organisers have such disparities between match ticket prices for group matches (Cardiff excluded).

Edited by GeordieSaint, 26 June 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#656 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't care about RU and am certainly not complaining about £20 tickets. I am debating why

If Saints are pricing their tickets relatively high then that will be because Saints rarely do otherwise!  The Aussies are playing at Langtree Park and so no doubt the club saw that as a money spinner.

The crowd should have the benefit of the new cladding as well, lucky them.

Edited by Saintslass, 26 June 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#657 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

If Saints are pricing their tickets relatively high then that will be because Saints rarely do otherwise! The Aussies are playing at Langtree Park and so no doubt the club saw that as a money spinner.

Why would Saints be setting ticket prices? It's a RLWC event so surely tickets are set by them.

#658 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

I don't care about RU and am certainly not complaining about £20 tickets. I am debating why it costs £40 for some tickets at that match and £30 at Warrington. Saints fans aren't particularly known for their generosity in my opinion and I have no idea why the organisers have such disparities between match ticket prices for group matches (Cardiff excluded).

It is the best RL players on the planet playing in RL's number one flagship competition. There won't be many Saints fans sat in the £40 areas but there may be Aussie tour parties, casual fans and people who may want to be at an event. Hoping all the Saints fans will be still able to shout 'forrrwarrd' from behind the sticks.

#659 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ticket prices will have been set by RLWC2013 not the owners/tenants of the stadia.

Doesn't seem expensive to me to see some of the best players in the world play at either Saints or Warrington. One thing we do far too often in RL is sell our game cheap.

#660 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Lack of consistency and strategy for pricing is puzzling.

It is baffling that it costs more to watch Australia than it does to watch England.

RU world cup's starting price is £7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users