Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#661 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

RU world cup's starting price is £7.

Jesus! That's extortionate.

Edited by deluded pom?, 26 June 2013 - 06:16 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#662 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Lack of consistency and strategy for pricing is puzzling.

It is baffling that it costs more to watch Australia than it does to watch England.

RU world cup's starting price is £7.

They'd have to pay me a lot more than that.

#663 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Jesus! That's extortionate.

:biggrin:

#664 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Why would Saints be setting ticket prices? It's a RLWC event so surely tickets are set by them.

In rugby league, anything could be the case!  We have different rules in different countries; players swapping national allegiences; who is to say who is setting ticket prices? ;)

You're probably right.  I've no idea.  But I would imagine the fact that Australia is one of the teams involved has something to do with the higher cost of tickets for the match at Langtree Park.  However, that might be wrong also.  I haven't checked the cost of tickets for other matches in which Australia is involved.

Edited by Saintslass, 26 June 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#665 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

In rugby league, anything could be the case!  We have different rules in different countries; players swapping national allegiences; who is to say who is setting ticket prices? ;)

You're probably right.  I've no idea.  But I would imagine the fact that Australia is one of the teams involved has something to do with the higher cost of tickets for the match at Langtree Park.  However, that might be wrong also.  I haven't checked the cost of tickets for other matches in which Australia is involved.

There aren't any others really. The other Australia matches are the opener at Cardiff and the match against Ireland in Ireland. I guess they're banking on the fact that it's the only real opportunity for fans in the North to watch Australia, but IMO they've stuffed up by scheduling the match on the same day as England vs Ireland. They should have had the Australia match on the Friday night, with France vs NZ in the late Saturday slot.

Still, the tickets aren't that expensive, it's only £10 to stand behind the posts. But it doesn't look like sales are going well for that match, you can still buy 20 tickets together in the cheapest seating sections.

#666 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

It is the best RL players on the planet playing in RL's number one flagship competition. There won't be many Saints fans sat in the £40 areas but there may be Aussie tour parties, casual fans and people who may want to be at an event.

Lack of consistency and strategy for pricing is puzzling. It is baffling that it costs more to watch Australia than it does to watch England.

Still, the tickets aren't that expensive, it's only £10 to stand behind the posts. But it doesn't look like sales are going well for that match, you can still buy 20 tickets together in the cheapest seating sections.

I think DT has it the nail on the head and EH's final point about a severe lack of ticket sales, even in the cheapest seating sections highlights the issues with the 'seating' pricing of the game at Langtree Park. It is frankly barking the Australia vs Fiji game costs more than the England match playing on the same day.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#667 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Italy's World Cup side, captained by Anthony Minichiello and featuring the likes of Craig Gower, Terry Campese, Mark Minichiello, Anthony Laffranchi and Aidan Guerra, is set to play a warm-up match against hosts England at Salford. The match, which will be played a week before the tournament opener at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium, will give the Italian players a rare match together before they take on Wales in the October 26 double header, which will be headlined by England's clash with Australia. Meanwhile, England will prepare for the tournament with a training camp in South Africa.

Bottom of page.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#668 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

Just been watching the Sunday morning footy show here in Sydney; they had a short interview with Steve McNamara talking up the Burgess boys for the RLWC + a long-ish segment talking to two of the Jillaroos (Australian Women's RL team) about the upcoming Women's RLWC.

So a bit of publicity for the RLWC cups on Channel 9. Wonders will never cease!

#669 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

So warm up games that appear to be on the cards include:

• France v USA in Toulouse (Confirmed)
  • USA v Canada (3 Test Series - Confirmed)
  • England v Italy in Salford
  • New Zealand v Cook Island
  • Fiji v PNG
  • Fiji v Tonga
  • Australian PM XIII v PNG Select XIII in PNG (Confirme)

Wonder who the likes of Ireland, Scotland and Wales will look to take on as warm up opponents?

Posted Image

#670 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

So warm up games that appear to be on the cards include:

• France v USA in Toulouse (Confirmed)
  • USA v Canada (3 Test Series - Confirmed)
  • England v Italy in Salford
  • New Zealand v Cook Island
  • Fiji v PNG
  • Fiji v Tonga
  • Australian PM XIII v PNG Select XIII in PNG (Confirme)
Wonder who the likes of Ireland, Scotland and Wales will look to take on as warm up opponents?

Rumour has it England will not stray too far from their training camp for warm up game.... about 400 yards if the students are to be believed.

#671 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

Bottom of page.

I hope the SARL take the chance or are allowed a bit of interaction with the England set up this time around.

Edited by deluded pom?, 30 June 2013 - 06:37 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#672 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Wales were rumoured to be playing Tonga (Steve Mascord I think)

#673 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Salford! No disrespect but have they sorted out the public transport and parking issues yet? I'm hoping to attend the Scotland v USA game but I'm not committing to buying the tickets until the parking issues have been sorted.

Edited by deluded pom?, 30 June 2013 - 08:28 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#674 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Rumour has it England will not stray too far from their training camp for warm up game.... about 400 yards if the students are to be believed.

It would make sense to play the game well away from any venues hosting games in the World Cup itself. So the Loughborough/Coventry area would be a good idea in my opinion.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 30 June 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#675 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

It would make sense to play the game well away from any venues hosting games in the World Cup itself. So the Loughborough/Coventry area would be a good idea in my opinion.

Yeah I agree, I think staging it at Salford could really impact the Scotland v USA crowd they are trying to sell tickets for.

#676 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

What ground would that be?
Posted Image

#677 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

What ground would that be?

Loughborough University Stadium. 3000 seats abd walking distance from the team hotel.

#678 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Just been watching the Sunday morning footy show here in Sydney; they had a short interview with Steve McNamara talking up the Burgess boys for the RLWC + a long-ish segment talking to two of the Jillaroos (Australian Women's RL team) about the upcoming Women's RLWC.

So a bit of publicity for the RLWC cups on Channel 9. Wonders will never cease!

I should have mentioned that Sterlo asked the two Jillaroos why Tonga, Samoa and Russia had pulled out of the Women's RLWC, and they replied "funding issues", which is a shame.

#679 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

I should have mentioned that Sterlo asked the two Jillaroos why Tonga, Samoa and Russia had pulled out of the Women's RLWC, and they replied "funding issues", which is a shame.

I assume that's why Russia and Jamaica pulled out of the Armed Forces RLWC

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#680 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

nz320x240_zps070fbfd5.jpg

10,000 barrier reached for Avignon. Fantastic! Apparently only stands behind the posts available & all sponsors packages sold. Allez le Treize!
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users