Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#701 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Ten tickets for the double header at Wembley booked , then church on the Sunday for a few beers. Nice

#702 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Ten tickets for the double header at Wembley booked , then church on the Sunday for a few beers. Nice

Good stuff! 

I am taking advantage of the tickets being sold by St Albans. Already shifted 15 with a few more to confirm as well.

Ref ticket sales at Wembley, you can't seem to get 2 x tickets together at all in the Cat 1 and Cat 2 areas. It looks like most of the Cat 4 and 5 areas are pretty full too with most rows up into the late 30s and 40s. They must be close to opening Club Wembley... 

Edited by GeordieSaint, 06 July 2013 - 10:35 AM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#703 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Good stuff!

I am taking advantage of the tickets being sold by St Albans. Already shifted 15 with a few more to confirm as well.

Ref ticket sales at Wembley, you can't seem to get 2 x tickets together at all in the Cat 1 and Cat 2 areas. It looks like most of the Cat 4 and 5 areas are pretty full too with most rows up into the late 30s and 40s. They must be close to opening Club Wembley...

they are already selling Club Wembley as part of offers ie the £60 for Club Wembley semi finals and a Challenge Cup £41 seat combo.

#704 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

they are already selling Club Wembley as part of offers ie the £60 for Club Wembley semi finals and a Challenge Cup £41 seat combo.

I meant on the RLWC 2013 website rather than through the offer. I have people interested in Club Wembley who can't make the Cup Final.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#705 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Apparently NZ are looking to play the Cook Islands as a WC warm up, possibly in Doncaster.

#706 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Apparently NZ are looking to play the Cook Islands as a WC warm up, possibly in Doncaster.

That would make sense because Carl Hall, Donny Chief Executive, was also the Cook Islands Technical Adviser when they sent out a delegation to check out where they would be playing etc during the cup.

Hope it does happen.

#707 emigrated roughyed

emigrated roughyed
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

I understand that we need to fill up sections at a time and make the lower bowls full, however when I check on the website and request a variety of different seats in different sections it frequently says that they are exhausted. I know this wouldn't put off the truly dedicated, but it could possibly put off impulsive purchases. Thinking the event as nearly sold out when we know they haven't. Maybe the ticket agency needs to sort their system out.

#708 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I understand that we need to fill up sections at a time and make the lower bowls full, however when I check on the website and request a variety of different seats in different sections it frequently says that they are exhausted. I know this wouldn't put off the truly dedicated, but it could possibly put off impulsive purchases. Thinking the event as nearly sold out when we know they haven't. Maybe the ticket agency needs to sort their system out.

Yes, it is slightly frustrating the system they have in place. It is pretty difficult to get tickets for some games, I'd rather they opened more sections so that it is easier to buy a ticket at the right price.

It's a minor point, but things like this can impact sales.

On a similar point, whilst it is important to sell tickets that face the cameras, at places like Salford, this means that the main stand is not yet open. If you want to buy a seat it has to be in the smaller stand, which again, can make people hold off buying.

Edited by Dave T, 07 July 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#709 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

10 tickets for Wembley then church Sunday . Oh ye 

#710 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

10 tickets for Wembley then church Sunday . Oh ye

That's twenty tickets you' ve now bought for Wembley.

rldfsignature.jpg

#711 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yes, it is slightly frustrating the system they have in place. It is pretty difficult to get tickets for some games, I'd rather they opened more sections so that it is easier to buy a ticket at the right price.

It's a minor point, but things like this can impact sales.

The big events i.e. Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford are the proving annoying at present. Practically all mid-range tickets are Cardiff; all high prices tickets at Wembley, and all mid-range tickets at the Final are gone. Only cheaper tickets (bar the £60/£99 tickets for Cardiff) are available in large quantities at all venues.

I am personally waiting for them to open up the upper tier east stand at Cardiff and Club Wembley before buying tickets for these two events.

#712 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

The big events i.e. Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford are the proving annoying at present. Practically all mid-range tickets are Cardiff; all high prices tickets at Wembley, and all mid-range tickets at the Final are gone. Only cheaper tickets (bar the £60/£99 tickets for Cardiff) are available in large quantities at all venues.

I am personally waiting for them to open up the upper tier east stand at Cardiff and Club Wembley before buying tickets for these two events.

Yes, just having another look now, and tbh it's is quite frankly ridiculous that you cannot purchase anything other than £30-40 tickets for this game. You cannot get 2 tickets together for the £50 or £79 seats.

I get the whole sell out the lower tier first point, but quite simply some people don;t want to sit in the cheap seats and surely we want these people to be coming along!

There should always be a selection available from each price range (unless they are genuinely sold out) even if that means opening sections 1 by 1.

#713 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

There should always be a selection available from each price range (unless they are genuinely sold out) even if that means opening sections 1 by 1.

I have just facebooked RLWC 2013 and hope to get a response soon.

From my estimates, they have sold more £99 tickets in the last two weeks than £20 tickets for Cardiff. That said, it wasn't very many of each but highlights your point to a certain extent.

#714 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

From my estimates, they have sold more £99 tickets in the last two weeks than £20 tickets for Cardiff. That said, it wasn't very many of each but highlights your point to a certain extent.

I would expect that most (if not all) £99 tickets will be part of official tours and hospitality tickets to bump up the perceived value of the packages on sale.

#715 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

I would expect that most (if not all) £99 tickets will be part of official tours and hospitality tickets to bump up the perceived value of the packages on sale.

I am sure some of them will be; that's a hell of a lot of tickets to shift in packages though. You can definitely buy them individually as well via the website. Bit too expensive for my party of RL-virgins though (bar me of course)!

Just bought 3 x tickets for my folks/sister for Cardiff in L39.

#716 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

I am sure some of them will be; that's a hell of a lot of tickets to shift in packages though. You can definitely buy them individually as well via the website. Bit too expensive for my party of RL-virgins though (bar me of course)!

Just bought 3 x tickets for my folks/sister for Cardiff in L39.

Yep, I'm sure you'll get some people paying that without even thinking twice as it is a big event, but I suspect it will be used tactically too. Offering exclusive deals to clubs or partners offering £99 tickets for only £50 say, would be seen as a fantastic offer, when in reality, no RL event ever costs that much.

For a few of the games they are definitely going in the right direction on pricing, my issue with RL is that the difference between cheapest and most expensive tickets is quite minimal.

The Cardiff pricing seems well thought out, plenty of cheap tickets for those who can only afford £20 but if you want the best seats you have to pay for it.

#717 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

The Cardiff pricing seems well thought out, plenty of cheap tickets for those who can only afford £20 but if you want the best seats you have to pay for it.

I do think Cardiff is well priced. Not quite sure why they have opened U23-25 and U35-37 before the rest of Upper East Stand or the rest of the North Stand; I'd have thought it would have been a priority to fill up in front of the cameras but guess they have a plan.

NB: U25 has sold out bar individual tickets and you can only get 2 together in U35 - 7 out of the 18 upper areas are practically sold out according to the ticket website (bar individual or two seats).

#718 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Don't expect much action from RLWC via Facebook.
I've sent them 2 messages via Facebook plus an email about the terrible photos they have on the RLWC site for the games at Workington.
I did get 1 reply, but now, about 6 weeks later, those original photos are still there and nothing has been done.

#719 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I do think Cardiff is well priced. Not quite sure why they have opened U23-25 and U35-37 before the rest of Upper East Stand or the rest of the North Stand; I'd have thought it would have been a priority to fill up in front of the cameras but guess they have a plan.

NB: U25 has sold out bar individual tickets and you can only get 2 together in U35 - 7 out of the 18 upper areas are practically sold out according to the ticket website (bar individual or two seats).

I think the reason for this is that they needed to release more cheaper tickets so they opened the upper corners, whereas I assume the upper tier along the sidelines will be the £40 price bracket which doesn't need opening yet.

With regards to the North Stand, it would appear strange that they haven't opened this yet but maybe this is something to do with the opening ceremony at this stage? Who knows.

#720 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Don't expect much action from RLWC via Facebook.
I've sent them 2 messages via Facebook plus an email about the terrible photos they have on the RLWC site for the games at Workington.
I did get 1 reply, but now, about 6 weeks later, those original photos are still there and nothing has been done.

I facebooked them last week over the Wales vs USA ticket page. You can't seem to buy tickets in the coloured areas behind the posts and opposite the cameras but can in the greyed out boxes behind those areas. I pointed this out to them and that it wasn't very user friendly. They did respond saying they'd pass it onto the commercial team but nothing has been done.

I think the reason for this is that they needed to release more cheaper tickets so they opened the upper corners, whereas I assume the upper tier along the sidelines will be the £40 price bracket which doesn't need opening yet.

With regards to the North Stand, it would appear strange that they haven't opened this yet but maybe this is something to do with the opening ceremony at this stage? Who knows.

They aren't far off requiring more £40 tickets to be opened up! Only 5 out of the 16 x £40 sections have more than individual seats left (M24 only allows for 3 x seats together). Sales are looking good in those areas and of course the £30 areas are practically gone too (4 out of 20 x £30 sections have more than individual seats left). 

Good point about the North Stand. Hadn't thought about something like that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users