Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#761 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

what sort of view do u get with your 10 quid ticket?

all views at the millenuim are cracking, no obstructed views anywhere. I'm in upper tier the first section of the west stand
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#762 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Trying to buy a couple for the final and it won't let me buy 2 together. Which indicates it is either practically full or there is something wrong. I can't spare any more time arsing about, it is boiling and I have work soon.

Try the 'best available' tab on the overview page; much easier than trawling though each section of the ground to find a seat.

Just tried it myself and it works Cat 3 and 4 ticket areas, but not 5 and 6.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#763 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Try the 'best available' tab on the overview page; much easier than trawling though each section of the ground to find a seat.

Just tried it myself and it works Cat 3 and 4 ticket areas, but not 5 and 6.

Thanks but although it works, it won't show me that seats (ie view from your seat)

I'm not that fussy but would like an idea where I am sat.

nb I used this option for the 4N Final in 2011 and got front row ones behind the post, the ones where you are almost at eye level with the pitch. Not that bad for me but got some real grief from my smaller mate who was bobbing up and down all game like a meerkat.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#764 Thegreatestgameofall

Thegreatestgameofall
  • Facebook
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone have an Idea when tickets will be sent out?

#765 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Isn't it normally a couple of weeks before the game.

#766 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I called the ticket office today on that very subject and was told the end of August. Apparently ticketmaster are in charge of sending out the tickets not the RFL.

The ticket office was very helpful though and are going to contact the ticketmaster people to get my tickets sent out earlier as i have some delivery issues and if they don't get to me before i leave my location i might miss them like ships in the night so to speak.

#767 Thegreatestgameofall

Thegreatestgameofall
  • Facebook
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Ahh, thanks for that mate! well I fly out of Aus mid August, May have to change them to my UK address, So far bought tickets for both double headers, Aus v Ire and the Final, Can not wait!

#768 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,683 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I booked my tickets through a guy at the RFL. VERY helpful indeed .Chris Burns..sure he won't mind me mentioning his name. Was  told that if I didn't get my tickets by end August, to call him back. 

#769 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

The RFL are usually very helpful when you ring up and speak to speak to someone direct.

I do this, especially for the Challenge Cup final where I'm usually organising a group of 6 - 12, and discuss various seating options in different sections.

#770 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

The RFL are usually very helpful when you ring up and speak to speak to someone direct.

I do this, especially for the Challenge Cup final where I'm usually organising a group of 6 - 12, and discuss various seating options in different sections.

I can second this, nearly always ring up rather than book online and have always found whoever was on the line to be very helpful. This has been especially so when taking big groups where the will give you options such as seating across 2 or 3 rows rather than all in a line or booking family tickets with extra accompanying adults, which I have never managed to work out online.
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#771 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Trying to buy a couple for the final and it won't let me buy 2 together. Which indicates it is either practically full or there is something wrong. I can't spare any more time arsing about, it is boiling and I have work soon.

Ring them up

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#772 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

I booked my tickets through a guy at the RFL. VERY helpful indeed .Chris Burns..sure he won't mind me mentioning his name. Was  told that if I didn't get my tickets by end August, to call him back. 

I spoke to him when I needed to bump up my number of tickets for the final from 2 to 12. Turns out I used to work with him at my previous job!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#773 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Had an email from South Wales Scorpions this morning saying that ticket sales are positive and theyrehoping to sell out...

"The Family Stand for this game has officially sold out from RLWC headquarters and just a few remain from the Neath offices. Tickets are going quickly in other stands to. The game is heading for a sell out"

#774 colin84hunter

colin84hunter
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

The RLWC is being co-hosted by Wales and England, yet there are 2 games in France and 1 in Ireland. I am all for those games in these countries but should 1 of the Scotland games in Workington have taken place in Scotland (scotstoun or Firhill)? For this reason plus i don't beleive 1 venue should hold more than 1 group game, which also means that 1 of the Craven games (i beleive) should have been held at the Keepmoat

#775 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

The RLWC is being co-hosted by Wales and England, yet there are 2 games in France and 1 in Ireland. I am all for those games in these countries but should 1 of the Scotland games in Workington have taken place in Scotland (scotstoun or Firhill)? For this reason plus i don't beleive 1 venue should hold more than 1 group game, which also means that 1 of the Craven games (i beleive) should have been held at the Keepmoat

There was a bidding process for venues. The ones that got the games were the best bids. Seems sensible to me.

#776 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

Part-time fan.

For internationals maybe!

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#777 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

For internationals maybe!

Get yourself along pal, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Posted Image

#778 colin84hunter

colin84hunter
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

There was a bidding process for venues. The ones that got the games were the best bids. Seems sensible to me.

it does make sense with the bidding process but how was it decided that 1 venue could have two group games? (and over a venue (like keepmoat) even getting 1?)

#779 Mr Frisky

Mr Frisky
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think it is only fair that Cumbria be given a couple of games, just so happens that both are at the best Rugby Stadium in Cumbria.

If any Scots want to watch their team they can hop over the boarder and attend a game but with Cumbrian ticket sales going well I think by the time any scots actually know their team are playing in the World Cup the games will be sold out - and to proper Rugby fans as well.

Best 10,000 real rugby fans at the 2 games than 1000 fans in some football ground on the outskirts of glasgow. 

#780 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

it does make sense with the bidding process but how was it decided that 1 venue could have two group games? (and over a venue (like keepmoat) even getting 1?)

Perhaps Workington put in a better did for 2 games? Maybe they said they could make a great splash of things by having both Scotland games. Maybe Doncaster expected RLWC2013 to be falling over themselves to have a game there and so didn't put in much of a bid.

Tickets at Workington seem to be going well, so maybe they are delivering on what they promised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users