Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#41 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Going by the figures going round. It looks like about 25,000 could have already been sold which I think is a great effort this far out. Anyone know any different?

#42 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Going by the figures going round. It looks like about 25,000 could have already been sold which I think is a great effort this far out. Anyone know any different?

I think the organisers released a press release that 50,000 had been sold in the first week (for all matches). I would hope that sales must be now be heading towards 100,000.

Personally I've not bought any yet because I'll be travelling with my amateur club on (hopefully) special deals for the club including transport or packages including replica shirts etc...when these deals are released I expect there to be another big boost to ticket sales.

#43 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I was specifically talking about the final. They said they send out 18,000 beanie hats last week where they also said there were 10,000 cheper tickets left. With now only 1,000 of these left as reported by twitter, over 25,000 should have been sold.

#44 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Personally I've not bought any yet because I'll be travelling with my amateur club on (hopefully) special deals for the club including transport or packages including replica shirts etc...when these deals are released I expect there to be another big boost to ticket sales.

I know of one with tickets for the final + one other match and 3 polo shirts (each) for £65
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#45 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Bought 118 tickets, with 70 on the final! Popular me :-)

#46 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Bought 118 tickets, with 70 on the final! Popular me :-)

Surely you guys are not coming to the final from the MIDLANDS are you. Whatever next ? No seriously, it shows the geographical attraction of the game in this day and age. Have a great day out.

#47 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think the organisers released a press release that 50,000 had been sold in the first week (for all matches). I would hope that sales must be now be heading towards 100,000.

Details have been released for about 4 months now mate, suggest you get your club man onto Ray Tennant to get all you need. Its an absolute no brainer for Community Clubs to use as a fundraiser and couldnt be easier to sort out.

#48 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Surely you guys are not coming to the final from the MIDLANDS are you. Whatever next ? No seriously, it shows the geographical attraction of the game in this day and age. Have a great day out.

I know, who'd've thought it.... you know every year thousands drive to Wembley and between Junction 30 and Junction 14 of the M1 they are never more than 20 minutes from a Community RL club!

#49 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

so now the beanie special has gone, what next to encourage ticket sales???

#50 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

The encouraging aspect for the tournament now is that after the first day sales and the successful early bird promotion the tournament has reached a nice base to build on over the next year.

Every game that has been on sale since the start (which is most of them) has moved an encouraging number of tickets which will make it easier to encourage additional sales simply for the fact people are now locked in to go.

It's great seeing at venues like Millenium, Old Trafford & Wembley that certain bays are now sold out, and even for games like England v Fiji, Fiji v Ireland, England v Ireland, Tonga v Italy certain bays are already full. Even the unknown entity that is Ireland v Australia in Limerick has moved over 1,000 seats.

We just need to the event to keep trickling through until the Super League season kick off where naturally it will get a lift once Rugby League is a core focus. Hopefully the RFL has their grass writers ready to put RLWC promos on every Super League & Championship ground this season just to keep getting the message out there to all the people who watch the sport, or catch highlights.
Posted Image

#51 irishfan

irishfan
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Think this World Cup will be very good for the game here in Ireland. When I try and get people to watch rugby league they just say 'ah, I never watch that'. It's not that they do watch it and dont like it. Once there is greater publicity and awareness of the sport I think there will be many more supporters, players and teams as a result. Not sure about the Australia game though; yes there is a chance to watch some of the worlds best but a 40/50 + hammering mightn't be the best advert.

#52 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Think this World Cup will be very good for the game here in Ireland. When I try and get people to watch rugby league they just say 'ah, I never watch that'. It's not that they do watch it and dont like it. Once there is greater publicity and awareness of the sport I think there will be many more supporters, players and teams as a result. Not sure about the Australia game though; yes there is a chance to watch some of the worlds best but a 40/50 + hammering mightn't be the best advert.

Yes its a tricky one to balance.

Hopefully I will be at this game too.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#53 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yes

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#54 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 811 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

if it's only a 40/50 + hammering i reckon ireland would be happy !!!

#55 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 811 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

The encouraging aspect for the tournament now is that after the first day sales and the successful early bird promotion the tournament has reached a nice base to build on over the next year.

Every game that has been on sale since the start (which is most of them) has moved an encouraging number of tickets which will make it easier to encourage additional sales simply for the fact people are now locked in to go.

It's great seeing at venues like Millenium, Old Trafford & Wembley that certain bays are now sold out, and even for games like England v Fiji, Fiji v Ireland, England v Ireland, Tonga v Italy certain bays are already full. Even the unknown entity that is Ireland v Australia in Limerick has moved over 1,000 seats.

We just need to the event to keep trickling through until the Super League season kick off where naturally it will get a lift once Rugby League is a core focus. Hopefully the RFL has their grass writers ready to put RLWC promos on every Super League & Championship ground this season just to keep getting the message out there to all the people who watch the sport, or catch highlights.

That's great news all around. Just wondering about games in France. Have they started selling yet?

And wonder if people are buying RLWC tickets to give as christmas pressies to loved ones too?

#56 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

France isn't on sale yet which is surprising, but that said the two French games will possibly be two of the easier games to sell in the whole tournament.
Posted Image

#57 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Midlands is the new Wigan!!

50 tickets bought for Derby City yesterday. :)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

#58 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Midlands is the new Wigan!!

50 tickets bought for Derby City yesterday. :)

I'm glad to hear that Coventry will be winning the Challenge Cup 6 years in a row and then jetting out to Brisbane to beat the Broncos in their own back yard :)

#59 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'm glad to hear that Coventry will be winning the Challenge Cup 6 years in a row and then jetting out to Brisbane to beat the Broncos in their own back yard :)

Patience my friend, patience.

#60 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

France isn't on sale yet which is surprising, but that said the two French games will possibly be two of the easier games to sell in the whole tournament.

I'd like to think that both will sell out. I know Avignon put out a lot of freebies for England last year but 17,000 was a more than decent response. The local SOA are on the rise and there's a good feel for the game up in Vaucluse these days. With the World Champions NZ there it should be doable with the new Federations President Carlos Zalduendo leading the charge. Surely Stade Brutus in Perpignan for Samoa must be sold out at just 12,000. Nice to see them hit 30,000 though wouldn't it.

Edited by audois, 23 December 2012 - 01:55 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users