Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#881 Mick Carroll

Mick Carroll
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Just from my experience I'm not sure that its getting across to many people that the World Cup is actually taking place.....like I said earlier a lot of people who are coming with me are casual fans and even up to last week till I asked them if they fancied the PNG v New Zealand said they didn't even know there was a World Cup on, even one lad who's brother is actually a super league player and was a very good amateur player hisself said he'd forgotten all about the World Cup till I text him about it. So I think this last "big push" needs to kick in soon

#882 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yes - it looks like there are very few areas where you can get more than 2 tickets together in the £30 section. It's slightly annoying how they have done some of this though as I wanted lower tier seats in this area and was told there weren't four seats together, however now there are. I hope it is just due to clubs returning tickets rather than them playing any kind of system.

The reason i hope this is that due to this, my family bought 4 cheaper tickets in the top tier.

If you'd still prefer the more expensive seats, I'm sure you'll be able to call and upgrade

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#883 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well regardless of any nay sayers previously posting on this thread - there are four of us absolutely buzzing for these games..

So far we have booked and paid for Wembley Opening Games, NZ V Samoa, NZ v Papua NG, England V Fiji and  the Finals

Will be booking semis and quarters very soon - just giving credit card a rest.

Will be paying on the gate for rest of games played in the M62 corridor.

If there is no jiggery pockery with holding back allocations - then its selling well - it took me best part of 3 hours to find the remaining decent tickets in chunks of 2 at each of the main venues/games..

While I agree that not enough marketing is done - regardless of that - its us the fans who can make it a success by getting to the games and filling the grounds up.

Cannot wait - still pumped up from the Hull V Wire game!!!

#884 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Very positive article about the World Cup in the Guardian http://www.theguardi...d-cup-best-side

One top quote  "And Bolton says there are signs that the curious and those excited by the prospect of yet another major international event are buying in. "More than 60% of buyers for the double-header at Wembley [two semi-finals in one day branded as The Big Hit] are new to the sport and from south-east postcodes. We made a sale of 1500 tickets after some intensive community work in east London."

Also good work from SaintsLass in the comments section below the article.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#885 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

Benji's still keen, it seems

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10906690

#886 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

As he said, he's not playing well enough to get in the team right now.

#887 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

The buzz around this World Cup will explode when the teams start to arrive.

#888 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

Now 11,500 gone for Avignon. 3 months to go.

fb-cover-nz-M-3_zps880986af.png
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#889 Mick Carroll

Mick Carroll
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

That's brilliant!! What is the capacity of that ground?

#890 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

According to wikipedia its 17,518
Stands on 2 sides, open at the ends

#891 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

If we have sold over 20k for Cardiff, I think this could be extremely positive. They could be announcing that it is already a record crowd for the stadium for a Test match, will be the largest ever Wales crowd etc. all with three months still to go. The fact that they aren't prepared to quote a number does worry me slightly, but then the stuff we see, as Geordie Saint highlights does give me some comfort.

Heard 11k sold for Cardiff, came from RFL source. Heard upwards of 50k for the final tho which is much better.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#892 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Now 11,500 gone for Avignon. 3 months to go.

fb-cover-nz-M-3_zps880986af.png

Great stuff. Any news re Perpignan?

#893 Mick Carroll

Mick Carroll
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Does anyone know who would be in charge of the pricing structure regarding the opener? As I fear that the camera is going to be focusing on rows of empty seats due to the cost of the seats where the cameras face as they are pretty dear really considering its not a final, I think it's a great idea having the opener there but the pricing should have been say £20 no matter where you were sat. A near capacity at £20 a head would surely be better than 20000 at varying prices

#894 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

Have continually asked this but still no one seems to know: has there been any TV coverage of RLWC 2013 confirmed beyond UK and Australia?

#895 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Have continually asked this but still no one seems to know: has there been any TV coverage of RLWC 2013 confirmed beyond UK and Australia?

As far as I'm aware nothing's been announced yet.

#896 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Is there anyway someone in the UK can contact/tweet RLWC 2013 and ask about this? Thanks!

#897 Heritage XIII

Heritage XIII
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just ask questions on their FB page and they have so far been good at responding to my questions even if it takes a few days at times.

#898 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Is there anyway someone in the UK can contact/tweet RLWC 2013 and ask about this? Thanks!

I've just tweeted them for you JIm. If I get a reply I'll let you know.

#899 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Someone should also tell them that the seating plan graphic for Wembley has been down for over a week.

https://www.eticketi...rlwcsite_reskin

The Workington graphic has also been down for at least a couple of days. In fact at the moment none of the graphics are working. Not great really when that's pretty much the only way to buy tickets online.

Edited by Evil Homer, 04 August 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#900 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Someone should also tell them that the seating plan graphic for Wembley has been down for over a week.

https://www.eticketi...rlwcsite_reskin

The Workington graphic has also been down for at least a couple of days. In fact at the moment none of the graphics are working. Not great really when that's pretty much the only way to buy tickets online.

the graphics are down pretty regularly tbh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users