Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1141 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

FFS. Peacock and Ray French couldn't be any worse.

#1142 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

FFS. Peacock and Ray French couldn't be any worse.

Every try will be a simpul one.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1143 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Interesting stuff coming through on Twitter following RLWC2013 briefing today. Lower bowl at Cardiff virtually sold out. 40k sold for final. More tickets sold outside traditional areas than in. Turnover will exceed £15m & financial objectives will be met. Fans in traditional areas advised to get their skates on!

I've two ideas on this;

1. fans in traditional areas on the wider scale are too club orientated and aren't too fussed about watching the international matches, or

2. fans in traditional areas are budgeting and spending on their own clubs games first; away games, play off games, new season tickets, Cup final, etc.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#1144 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

I've two ideas on this;

1. fans in traditional areas on the wider scale are too club orientated and aren't too fussed about watching the international matches, or
2. fans in traditional areas are budgeting and spending on their own clubs games first; away games, play off games, new season tickets, Cup final, etc.

If they budgeted better they could have bought them at any time in the last 15 months when they were less pressured....

#1145 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I was really pleased to read that the bottom tier at Millenium is going to be full. It is vital we get good crowds for the 3 biggest events. Looking good on that score. We southern based fans will make sure Wembley gets a decent crowd, no worries there.

#1146 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

We southern based fans will make sure Wembley gets a decent crowd, no worries there.

Wembley is selling better than Cardiff; it's a much easier sell. I have sold 104 tickets for Wembley and just 48 for Cardiff so far. Only 9 x bays left in the lower bowl for Wembley and half of Club Wembley already gone. They'll be opening some cheap seats in the top tier soon as there are no £20 left.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1147 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

That is excellent news.
With the domestic season having finished a couple of weeks ago, I am buzzing with excitement.

#1148 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

Wembley is selling better than Cardiff; it's a much easier sell. I have sold 104 tickets for Wembley and just 48 for Cardiff so far. Only 9 x bays left in the lower bowl for Wembley and half of Club Wembley already gone. They'll be opening some cheap seats in the top tier soon as there are no £20 left.

According to whom? Try buying a ticket in a sold out block.... bizarrely there are still tickets on sale.... thus not sold out?!

#1149 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

According to whom? Try buying a ticket in a sold out block.... bizarrely there are still tickets on sale.... thus not sold out?!

I meant buying 2 or more tickets together. You can't do that in all Cat 1, 2 and 5 areas at Wembley (unless I have missed a couple somewhere). I have also tried at Cardiff as well and Cat 4 and 5 are gone too (bar individual tickets).

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1150 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

half of Club Wembley already gone.

I hope that's the half facing the cameras.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1151 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

we are free to sell on club wembley seats as the semi final is'nt part of the club wembley membership iirc

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#1152 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

we are free to sell on club wembley seats as the semi final is'nt part of the club wembley membership iirc

I think the deal was one major RL event each year which was described as Challenge Cup final, World Cup final or an Ashes match, I think.

#1153 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

thought it was just the challenge cup?? in all the membership bumpth...its "the rugby league challenge cup final"....either way its only 1 RL game a year....and we had that 2 week ago so the semi final is'nt included

Edited by roughyedspud, 07 September 2013 - 12:05 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#1154 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

According to the report on www.sportinglife.com, more sponsors are being announced on Tues.

#1155 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

According to the report on www.sportinglife.com, more sponsors are being announced on Tues.

Really good article that. Better attendance for final than in 2000 already guaranteed, and 13,000 tickets sold for Avignon. Glad I've already got mine!

http://www.sportingl...-set-to-deliver

#1156 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

There is a significant difference between a virtual sell out, which is what is being claimed and an actual sell out.  A virtual sell out implies that at least 90% of the available seats within the bays they are talking about have been sold, with the remaining seats being either scattered singles or the handful of scattered small groups.

The claims by Bolton and Wood of virtual sell outs for Wembley and Cardiff is very encouraging. Based upon that, assuming that there is still there is 10% of singles and small groups in the lower tiers at both venues, that means 30,800 tickets have been sold for London, and 21,100 at Cardiff.

Throw in what we know as middle tier sales (10 of 52 bays at Wembley & 20 of 43 bays at Cardiff) that gives both grounds a rough sales total of 33,900 at Wembley and 29,400 at Millennium.

Both encouraging sales so far, with Cardiff's likely to be significantly larger considering the number of other bays on sale.

Also great to see Old Trafford is now past the 45,000 mark.  Though how far past is anyone's guess... 

The news of 60% of all ticket sales being outside of RL's heartland is really encouraging.  RL fans already know how good our sport is, and I believe if they're not going to a game, most likely they'll be watching at least one.  We need to continue to use this tournament to lure new people to the sport, and show potential sponsors the appeal our code can have.

Speaking of sponsors, I look forward to who they name as the first for the tournament. I'm expecting someone who has/is involved in RL to be named (ie. Gillette, Emirates, Heinz, Tetley, Irn-Bru).  I just hope it is someone of decent enough profile, otherwise I'm sure the critics will be out in force again...

Posted Image

#1157 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Interesting to see England football attendance for their WC Qualifier this week at Wembley - 61k incl. 17k corporates, half of which was empty. Good but of context when measuring our sales, looks like we're showing up quite well so far!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#1158 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just booked both matches at Hull KR in the new stand. Think I am looking forward to these 2 more than the England v Fiji match. PNG v Samoa is going to be an absolute belter!! 2 people, 2 matches £33 in total, thanks very much!!

Edited by thehullram, 08 September 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#1159 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 826 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Any sign yet of the ticket sales "big push"?

Eg, this fangled new thing called "advertising and promotion", especially in places like Cardiff itself ??!!

#1160 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

around 60% of the tickets have already been sold......which is about the same for the entire last world cup in the super mad for it rugby league land of australia...they "sold"* 293,965 tickets for the entire comp...we've beat that already.

Edited by roughyedspud, 08 September 2013 - 11:56 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC