Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#81 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Just asked our security guard if he'd had a nice Xmas and he said that he had, back home in Limerick. He was well aware of the game taking place at Thomond Park (he mentioned it before I even said anything about RL) and said he was looking forward to it.

Totally random but you're always chuffed when anyone knows RL out here, never mind starts talking about it without provocation.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#82 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

TBF to the RFL - they have advertised Magic Weekend for the last few years at the grounds that the games are to be played at. I remember seeing animated ads at Murrayfield during the 6N, and also at Man City last year during the Manchester derby.

I agree that Cardiff needs to be pushed really hard, but then all signs so far are that the WC organisers are doing a good job, and I'm sure they have plans in place to target Cardiff at the right time for the right price.

Lets hope they do have plans because it could be awesome and I am impressed about what they have done so far, But Ive been to all the magic weekends in Cardiff and have never seen it advertised properly although it got practically the same weekend crowds as Manchester wooo hang on except the last time it was at the Millenium Stadium a few days before they had magic weekend flags on all the lamposts.

I just think if the RFL jumps on the six nations they will never get more rugby/sport fans in the same city at once to spread the word and I think the welsh public will find 'Wales in a World Cup' more appealing than " magic weekend Super league' its a real chance to get newbies into the sport.

Anyways hope to see you there :)

#83 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Got my four ticket for the final just before Christmas

#84 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

The last couple of comments have been great and is exactly the attitude the RL community needs to adopt to create an inviting atmosphere for non RL fans to attend the event.

I would just like to mention one thing in regards to advertisment coming from Cardiff there isn't a thing about the city welcoming a world cup event this year around the place. Although it is early in the year i was disapointed not to see any mention of this tournament around the stadium or around the city centre during the rugby union autumn internationals and the RFL would be insane not to capaitalise on the six nations event.

The RFL needs to work with the Welsh Rugby Union, Council and Millenium Staduim to get advertisment around the city and millenium stadium during the rugby union six nations. The adverts for this world class tournament would be seen by 75,000 people on 3 occasions inside the stadium and the thousands upon thousands of people within the city centre during this time.

The RFL needs to target this event and the thousands of rugby fans and members of the public out and about during this period, if you advertise well in Cardiff for such an event you will get the crowds I promise, but i suspect the RFL will miss the oppurtunity again.

For example the annual Speedway event at the millenuim stadium is advertised throughout the city well and people start talking about it and what happens they get a crowd of 50,000 for speedway Il say it again Speedway...

RFL pull your socks up if you do the Millenium Stadium will be sold out :D

I don't know if it means anything but I have been trying to sort out a hotel in Cardiff for the opening games and many of them have no vacancies for the Friday and Saturday nights, plus the room prices seem to have been jacked way up over regular non game weekends.

#85 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Bistrol does seem to be getting really into the World Cup spirit... I'd imagine seats on the Western side will go on sale soon considering most of the Eastern and South have pretty much been snapped up.

That's one thing I hope the RFL and Ticketmaster are ensuring that adequate numbers of seats in each Categories are being made available so sales don't slow for games. There is no point not putting the Western side on sale at sale Bristol simply because the Terraces on the Eastern side aren't yet filled... some people will only want to sit in certain areas or categories, so whilst there is some demand, they should be trying to capitalise on it.
Posted Image

#86 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Had an email today to say that they are still working on the Hospitality packages and they will release the details soon.

In the first paragraph they say "Happy New Year from us all at Rugby World Cup 2013" - despite them being called Rugby League World Cup 2013 - not sure if this was an intentional slip!

#87 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Looks like this has been outsourced to Lucid Events, who advertise plenty of events on their website, including England RU games. No mention of the RLWC on their website yet though.

#88 Yorkie44

Yorkie44
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Not happy about all these ticket sales going well, was just hoping to rock up on day ;)

#89 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Seems people just can't get enough of those 2013 RLWC beanies !!!

http://www.rlwc2013....offer-extension

#90 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

So, any more updates?

we are now just nine-and-a-half months from RLWC 2013 kick-off !

#91 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Bistrol does seem to be getting really into the World Cup spirit... I'd imagine seats on the Western side will go on sale soon considering most of the Eastern and South have pretty much been snapped up.

That's one thing I hope the RFL and Ticketmaster are ensuring that adequate numbers of seats in each Categories are being made available so sales don't slow for games. There is no point not putting the Western side on sale at sale Bristol simply because the Terraces on the Eastern side aren't yet filled... some people will only want to sit in certain areas or categories, so whilst there is some demand, they should be trying to capitalise on it.

How many have they sold in bristol? And what's the capacity there?

I wonder which match - apart from the final - has sold the most tickets to date?

#92 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Think we missed a bit if a marketing chance for the WC this year.

There's 14 teams in the WC, and 14 teams in SL. If every team paired up with a WC team, they could have released an away kit in a similar style, and it would have provided 36 weeks of advertising for the WC and awareness of the teams in it. Would also have added colour to the WC matches if the fans came in them kits.

Ah well. It's an idea I suppose! Could have been something like:

Bradford - Tonga
Cas - Italy
Catalans - France (obviously!)
Huddersfield -
Hull - New Zealand
Hull KR - PNG
Leeds - Ireland
London - England
Salford - USA
St Helens - Australia
Wakefield - Scotland
Warrington - Samoa
Widnes - Cook Islands
Wigan - Wales
Posted Image

#93 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Just been handed my beanie. On display at Princes Park today.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#94 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I've seen plenty of advertising around Calderdale for the Tonga vs Italy game in recent weeks, including signs on the boundaries.

#95 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I've seen plenty of advertising around Calderdale for the Tonga vs Italy game in recent weeks, including signs on the boundaries.

The success of the host city concept again by the looks of it.

#96 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

The success of the host city concept again by the looks of it.

Let's hope so.

Time will tell.

#97 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

I'd suggest it is working alright. For the game at The Shay in Halifax, Bay's A-E on the East Stand are currently all indicating that they are full.

Bay F is only selling Single Tickets, meaning only Bay's H&G have a decent number of tickets left. Hopefully these remaining bays on the stand will fill up soon, and the West stand can be opened soon.
Posted Image

#98 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Another tier of the North stand has now opened so tickets sales must be going well for the final proces at £40/50

#99 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Some of these small grounds seem to be selling well-ish - but what of the opening game?

Cardiff capacity is approx. 75,000 is it not?

it'd be a great start to fill that place up … hopefully with a lot of Welshmen/women/kids …

#100 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

From trying to buy tickets at Cardiff, appears the centre bays of L8, M7, L10 are all sold out, which is a positive, Then on the sides, L1, L36 - L42 and L15 appear to be exhausted as well.

Other central bays like L2 - L7 and L11 - L14 all have spots of 5 or less seats together, indicating they are getting pretty close to full, so at least the bottom run is going to look pretty full on TV.

Best Available Seats (Group of 4):
Cat 1: M11
Cat 2: L12
Cat 4: M17
Cat 5: L21
Cat 7: No tickets available for groups that big
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users