Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1321 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,842 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

We can count Briers out of a Wales comeback now. Suspect it will be sine die after the RFL look at today's assault, never mind any criminal proceedings.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#1322 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

We can count Briers out of a Wales comeback now. Suspect it will be sine die after the RFL look at today's assault, never mind any criminal proceedings.

Don't think he'll be taking up boxing when he retires!

Early guilty plea will see him sorted for the rematch.

#1323 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

People being mean about li'l Wire boy?
Mean people must stop or lips will be trembling.

I was thinking that I hope against hope that someone can persuade the little genius to go round one more time. The team and the competition would be much richer with him playing.

#1324 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Looking on the French Fed site it looks like both sides at Avignon's Parc des Sports are full and a fair number behind sticks at both ends already taken. They say now 14,000 have been sold for the 1st November clash. Carlos Zalduendo the Fed president was in Avignon last week I believe as the promotion steps up a gear with street side advertisements et al. Promising.

Edited by audois, 15 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#1325 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

When do the French squad get together? Both the squad & coach have now finished their seasons! Be great if the French can put up a decent show in RLWC2013. The John Monie team in 2008 was particularly disappointing.

#1326 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

When do the French squad get together? Both the squad & coach have now finished their seasons! Be great if the French can put up a decent show in RLWC2013. The John Monie team in 2008 was particularly disappointing.

Not particularly disappointing, they were THE most disappointing team in the whole comp.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1327 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Teams like France, png, fiji et al are the ones that make the comp so exciting for me! Can't wait
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1328 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Teams like France, png, fiji et al are the ones that make the comp so exciting for me! Can't wait

It's teams like Italy and the USA that I'm looking forward to seeing.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1329 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think all £20 tickets (bar individual ones) at Huddersfield are gone. I'd imagine they'll be opening the main stand top tier soon...

The Upper South Stand at Cardiff is also going to look full. They have sold up to the back in U17, U19 and U20 according to the ticket page (they have been selling odd number rows only for a while) so will look good! I hope the open the other side soon...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1330 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

My goodness GS, you know how to cheer a man up dreading a tough week at work.
By the sound of it, we might have 50k plus at each of the 3 biggies. The other England games will look after themselves and I would expect Wales and France's home games to be well supported, which I suppose leaves a few hard sells - midweek in Bristol for 2 obscure sides anyone? - but we're already well aheaad of where we were in 2000...

#1331 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

By the sound of it, we might have 50k plus at each of the 3 biggies. The other England games will look after themselves and I would expect Wales and France's home games to be well supported, which I suppose leaves a few hard sells - midweek in Bristol for 2 obscure sides anyone? - but we're already well aheaad of where we were in 2000...

Glad to be of service mate! :D

I actually think Salford, St Helens, Warrington and may be Halifax are the hard sells; definitely the first two anyway.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 15 September 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1332 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Bristol? Obscure sides? Wednesday night in Bristol to watch the USA v Cook Islands - the stuff of dreams.

I'm sure there will be a decent atmosphere at Bristol. Looks like about 650 terrace tickets have been sold. Might only be just three sides on sale, but only one block of seats, the smaller of two behind the sticks is still available on the website.

Decent bit of weather and a good opening day and it should be a cracking tournament. As a sport, we're surely due a bit of luck, especially after the "if it can go wrong, it did go wrong" World Cup in 2000.

#1333 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

At the volunteers' briefing in London, mention was made of TV and Radio advertising campaigns starting soon.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#1334 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Phil Caplan is tweeting that 14,500 of 17,500 now sold for Avignon. Perpignan continues to tick over strongly as well.
Posted Image

#1335 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Tony Gigot was playing for Cronulla NSW Cup team (so a pretty good standard) at 6 or  7 all season (and Cronulla topped the table) but he was not named in the side at all for the semi-finals. I hope he's not injured? or maybe he was dropped/went home???? Does anyone know?

#1336 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Tony Gigot was playing for Cronulla NSW Cup team (so a pretty good standard) at 6 or  7 all season (and Cronulla topped the table) but he was not named in the side at all for the semi-finals. I hope he's not injured? or maybe he was dropped/went home???? Does anyone know?

Hope he has come on a little. There were high hopes for him when he broke through, but he was cruelly exposed time and again densively when he played in the centres for the dragons.

#1337 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Does anyone else keep imagining what it will be like if we actually win, with like a last minute try or something?

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#1338 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Does anyone else keep imagining what it will be like if we actually win, with like a last minute try or something?

stop that!

prepare for disappointment, then things can only get better!

#1339 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

stop that!

prepare for disappointment, then things can only get better!

:D

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#1340 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Incidentally, having put the boot into Bristol, I should make it clear that 5 family and friend exiles will be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users