Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1361 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Booked my flights for the Ireland v Aus game earlier in the week. £40 return from Stanstead, with the worst airline in the world.. Should be good fun.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#1362 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

So after the update of Wembley, we now have 80 of 88 bays in the lower bowl sold out (total capacity - 34,303), and 23 of the 52 bays in the Club Wembley (total capacity - 16,532).  That would put sales for the game at approximately 38,500.

Huddersfield has 26 of 46 bays sold out, although K87 and K86 have groups less than 3 seats so its expected they'll join that list soon.  Which would put the venue at the 14,000+ mark.

Encouraging to see new bays on sale at:

• St Helens - South Stand now has 2 bays on sale.
  • Leigh - East Stand now has 2 bays on sale
  • Salford - West Stand now has 2 bays on sale

38,500 at Wembley would be based on NO tickets being sold in the non sold out sections, so I suspect the total sold will already be well over 40,000. I've got mine anyway.

#1363 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Come Fly with RLWC2013 to Avignon

Rugby League World Cup 2013 is offering fans from the UK the opportunity to be a part of a spectacular day of match action in the South of France.
A charter flight for France’s clash with New Zealand at Parc des Sports in Avignon on November 1 departs Manchester Airport at 11.00am before returning in the early hours of November 2.
Tickets for the match are already selling extremely well, and hundreds more have already been sold to supporters from outside of France.
French Rugby League Federation Marketing Manager, Mohamed-Ali Chaabi said: “The match between France and New Zealand at Parc des Sports in Avignon on November 1 is shaping up to be a fantastic event with over 1,000 local children taking part in the pre-match entertainment.
“The interest in the game has been very strong here – we’ve already sold over 12,000 tickets. So we’re delighted to be able to offer this opportunity to fans from the UK, so that they can share this experience with us, especially as RLWC2013 truly is a tournament for the entire family to enjoy.
“It promises to be a fantastic weekend of world class international Rugby League in the South of France, and we hope you can join us.”
RLWC2013 Operations Director Jon Dutton added: “It is fantastic that we can now offer this opportunity to UK Rugby League supporters.
“We anticipate strong interest in this official charter flight. But places are strictly limited so we are encouraging supporters to book their seat as soon as possible.”
The flight lands in Avignon at 2.00pm, ahead of kick-off at 8.00pm, and departs back to the UK from Avignon at 11.59pm, landing in Manchester at 1.00am.
The price of the flight including all taxes and transfers is £225, and you can add a match ticket to the bundle for an extra £20.
Click here to book your place on the trip. Please note that only hand luggage will be permitted.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#1364 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,362 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

I haven't received any of the tickets I have bought....time to worry?  :ph34r:

#1365 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I really hope PS spruce up their layout for the WC. The scores in the black rectangle is very simplistic and boring. Some in game stats and metres made in that set wouldn't go amiss either. (unless they already do that and I've missed it)

Does no-one agree?

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#1366 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

I agree, but felt that your original post has nailed it. As Geordie Saint is running the World Cup you should p m him.
The key figures to my mind for sales are for the Millenium. It's vital that looks decent on TV. Everything will flow from there. Frankly I'd throw in free tickets of you bought them for other games if it looks like they're struggling. With Andy Powell now a fully fledged leaguie (for publicity purposes) let's get him on local TV and sell sell sell!
Once people see the event there'll be a rush for Wembley tickets. If we have over 40k already we could even sell out at this rate. The England games will look after themselves as well - you could put those on sale a week prior to the event and they'd sell plenty.

#1367 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Loving all the positivity regarding ticket sales, although there is a little nagging voice in my head telling me that if ticket sales were this good for the big 3 matches the organisers would be screaming it from the roof tops.

Hope I'm wrong though

#1368 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Me neither, starting to get a bit worried.

#1369 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think throwing free tickets, would be counter productive.

there are already heavily discounted tickets.

If you start giving it away for free then people will play the waiting game and hold back.

It's a lesson through out history, the most recent being the Stobart deal.

But even before that, people waiting for last minute deals on holidays as the planes are better carrying 1 person at virtually no profit rather than an empty seat.  The problem is, people caught on and the empty seats stayed empty until the last minute. 

Budget Airlines went to the wall.

You have to hold off from worrying about empty seat or you can just make the problem worse. Better to give discounts to early birds.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#1370 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Completely agree bewareshadows, as soon as you get a reputation for giving away tickets you fatally undermine how people value the product.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1371 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

whos on about giving tickets away???
  • dkw likes this

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#1372 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

whos on about giving tickets away???

Exiled Wiganer

http://www.totalrl.c...69#entry2791535

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#1373 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

In this instance, I was suggesting that they would be given to people who had already bought tickets, so not completely free. Plus, it would only be for the first game where the value in making a good first impression would be very considerable. I agree though, that giving away the product should not underpin any business plan.

#1374 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

any idea who'll be in the squad Audois??? and any news of Tony Gigot?

It appears he's returned to France. In the Avignon line-up possibly for game weekend against Lezignan.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#1375 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Loving all the positivity regarding ticket sales, although there is a little nagging voice in my head telling me that if ticket sales were this good for the big 3 matches the organisers would be screaming it from the roof tops.

Hope I'm wrong though

Yes, I do still have that slight worry - I wouldn't be surprised if there were sections of tickets that were still sitting with tour operators or clubs etc. but the RFL must be pretty confident in this bearing in mind that they have now closed these sections off online.

One thing organiser Sally Bolton did state at the start of the year was that she wasn't going to get bogged down with ticket sales all the time. Maybe she is just sticking to this principle.

#1376 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Mine arrived  today for wembley and old trafford-nearly got put in bin as arrived with some junk mail!

Hertz spectator guide is great ,list of fixtures card also sensible.Makes up for the SKYNEWS  beefing up ru cup in 2015 !this morning.

#1377 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

My first set of tickets arrived today

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#1378 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I have been sent an e mail about going to watch a game in France. That seems odd to me, when we can always rely on teh French to sell their own internationals. Surely the quarter finals/Ireland/Wales games would merit more publicity?

#1379 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

http://www.englandrl...rst-peek-of-the England shirt launch oct 1 with squad announcement
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1380 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

http://www.englandrl...rst-peek-of-the England shirt launch oct 1 with squad announcement

I'll allow this as you're talking about the squad announcement too :P

(I've just posted the same thing here)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users