Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#101 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Cat 1, 2 and 7 for the final are sold out apparently....!

#102 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Was talking to my nephew today who plays junior rugby and he was telling me that through the school he is going to the 2 games in Cumbria one of the quarter finals and the final, and he gets a polo shirt as well, says there are loads going so I'm guessing the RL are doing some good deals for youths and/or clubs in advance.
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#103 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Maybe I'm being too optomistic. It's something that I've been accused of before, but from reading these various posts anbd press releases, it does seem that tickets sales seem to be going quite well and leads me to believe that he tournament will be a success.. I certainly hope so.

The planning and organisation seem to be very much better than previously and I think the organising, planning team deserve some well earned praise.

#104 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

KO times would also help.
I'm trying to get family and friends to games, but they won't commit until ko times are available. I'd like to purchase quite a few of the games together rather than multiple transactions of 1 game at a time
I'm wavering on some games as well. If there are Sunday evening ko's then it's probably a no, but the afternoon then it's ok, for example.
Amy news on when the ok times are going to be published.

#105 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

KO times would also help.
I'm trying to get family and friends to games, but they won't commit until ko times are available. I'd like to purchase quite a few of the games together rather than multiple transactions of 1 game at a time
I'm wavering on some games as well. If there are Sunday evening ko's then it's probably a no, but the afternoon then it's ok, for example.
Amy news on when the ok times are going to be published.

I agree on that. I want to go to a game at Headingley on a Friday, I presume evening, and then go over to Ieland for the game at Thormond Park the next day and some idea of when that game might kick off would be very helpful when trying to arrange travel plans.

#106 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I agree on that. I want to go to a game at Headingley on a Friday, I presume evening, and then go over to Ieland for the game at Thormond Park the next day and some idea of when that game might kick off would be very helpful when trying to arrange travel plans.

Yes.The kick off times would help. Those of us who don't have conventional 9 to 5 Mon-Friday working patterns and are able to plan when we work to some degree would benefit from the kick off times being finalised to minimise the financial hit. :)
I'm planning to go to Thomond Park but I could do with knowing the kick off time asap as I usually work on Saturday ams..................

#107 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just got tickets for the final, Eng v Fiji and for the England Quarter Final

#108 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just got tickets for the final, Eng v Fiji and for the England Quarter Final

Ledt's hope you are nor being too optomistic there. Fiji got to the last semi final. England might not reach the Quarter final :) . Only joking, I hope.

#109 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ledt's hope you are nor being too optomistic there. Fiji got to the last semi final. England might not reach the Quarter final :) . Only joking, I hope.

Fiji are definitely the dark horses for the world cup, lote tuqiri and petro civoniceva have put their hands up for selection and there now seems to be a steady stream of Fijian talent coming through a number of NRL teams, ex rugby union and 7's players.

#110 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

True but who ever gets there, it'll be a good match so it's win-win

#111 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

12 South Walians Tickets booked for the final !! Cant wait

#112 muffyer

muffyer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Booked 11 for the final. Five going who are new to the game. Should be getting opening game tickets on pay day. Agree though that kick-off times would now be a help for planning some of the other games.

#113 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Think we missed a bit if a marketing chance for the WC this year.

There's 14 teams in the WC, and 14 teams in SL. If every team paired up with a WC team, they could have released an away kit in a similar style, and it would have provided 36 weeks of advertising for the WC and awareness of the teams in it. Would also have added colour to the WC matches if the fans came in them kits.

Ah well. It's an idea I suppose! Could have been something like:

Bradford - Tonga
Cas - Italy
Catalans - France (obviously!)
Huddersfield -
Hull - New Zealand
Hull KR - PNG
Leeds - Ireland
London - England
Salford - USA
St Helens - Australia
Wakefield - Scotland
Warrington - Samoa
Widnes - Cook Islands
Wigan - Wales

Never one to miss a marketing opportunity, Leeds have done just that (sort of) with their away shirt.

They have said that the Black in the Black and Pink shirt is to represent New Zealand, who are based in the city during the WC and probably playing two games at Headingley, and also to honour all the NZ players who have represented Leeds over the years!

#114 brooza

brooza
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Booked 2 for the final, got another 10 reserved and 9 of those are allocated and I'm just waiting for payment before booking

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#115 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

What's come over this forum, the three most recently commented threads are all positive news, World Cup good ticket sales, Tetleys and the TV Ads, let's keep it up.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#116 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

What's come over this forum, the three most recently commented threads are all positive news, World Cup good ticket sales, Tetleys and the TV Ads, let's keep it up.

x2.

#117 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

and also to honour all the NZ players who have represented Leeds over the years!

Hape and Vainikolo, nailed on.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#118 muffyer

muffyer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Got my weekly Ticketmaster alert last night and it was good to see the World Cup featured as one of the coming attractions. It can only help attract casual spectators.

Edited by muffyer, 25 January 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#119 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Got my weekly Ticketmaster alert last night and it was good to see the World Cup featured as one of the coming attractions. It can only help attract casual spectators.

Just noticed that myself, suprised but pleased
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#120 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Avignon seems to be selling quite nicely. Some pretty big chunks of the main grandstand now gone for a game that was late to go on sale.

Do we know what the capacity at Avignon is? I know they got 16K-odd for England v France a few years back, but was that capacity?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users