Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1421 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

This is great news. If they have sold 36k so far, you would hope that we can add another 10k minimum to this. It is this kind of message that will build the crowd even further. I've been hanging off booking this one (although have booked a lot more), but may have to get it sorted this week. If we can start with 2 close games in front of a big crowd, then it will really set the tournament up well.  

Anyone else yet to make their mind up about going to Cardiff?

Edited by thehullram, 22 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#1422 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

This is great news. If they have sold 36k so far, you would hope that we can add another 10k minimum to this. It is this kind of message that will build the crowd even further. I've been hanging off booking this one (although have booked a lot more), but may have to get it sorted this week. If we can start with 2 close games in front of a big crowd, then it will really set the tournament up well.  

What and miss out on seeing Martin Offiah dancing in the opening ceremony? All I'm going for. Should be back in Wakey in time for my tea!

#1423 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm trying to swap days off at work(working that Saturday) and would travel there and back on the train that same day. Just worried about tickets and if it's possible to pay on the gate?

#1424 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Only thing left to make my mind up about is where to stay Saturday night, Birmingham or Dudley!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#1425 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Only thing left to make my mind up about is where to stay Saturday night, Birmingham or Dudley!

Midlands RL Accomodation Advice Service suggests Leafy Warwickshire.....!

#1426 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,604 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Wooooooooooooooooooo!  More tickets just arrived!

Final

Semi-final

England V Fiji at Hull

Already got openning ceremony tickets so just waiting for Hudds, tickets

#1427 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

None received so far, when do I have to start worrying?

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#1428 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Same here!

#1429 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Can anybody tell me if paying on the gate will be a problem?

#1430 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,604 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I guess it depends on what games you've booked It maybe that they are waiting to allocate seats. Try calling the RFL.   They have been very helpful.

#1431 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

I guess it depends on what games you've booked It maybe that they are waiting to allocate seats. Try calling the RFL.   They have been very helpful.

I'll second that. I wanted tickets from the opening cremony to the final and most games in between and live overseas and will be leaving home early to come to the UK. I contacted the RFL ticket office by phone and they plugged in my client number to their computer and were so incredibly helpful and I have now received all my tickets.

Ticket master are apparently responsible for sending out the tickets and i couldn't contact them for love nor money but the RFL ticket office are able to contact them and expedite things. I would give then a call if there is no sign of your tickets soon.

#1432 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Booked all quarter finals and double header at Wembley. Mate booked the final and has just dropped me a txt to say they've arrived, so won't start to panic just yet.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#1433 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Can anybody tell me if paying on the gate will be a problem?

At some matches I would imagine that choice on the day will be very limited. I would be surprised is RLWC2013 didn't allow tickets to be bought on match day if they are still available, but it wouldn't surprise me if several games have big areas that are sold out in advance.

#1434 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Booked all quarter finals and double header at Wembley. Mate booked the final and has just dropped me a txt to say they've arrived, so won't start to panic just yet.

I've only had tickets for the opening ceremony and the England match at Huddersfield arrive, so await the postie with eager anticipation each day. I'll not panic yet and am more concerned about my Grand Final tickets at the moment!

#1435 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,604 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

I've only had tickets for the opening ceremony and the England match at Huddersfield arrive, so await the postie with eager anticipation each day. I'll not panic yet and am more concerned about my Grand Final tickets at the moment!

the England match at Huddersfield

​they are the only ones i've NOT received!

#1436 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Huge Dance Programme launched for Rugby League World Cup 2013

More than 3,000 dancers are being recruited to take part in spectacular celebrations across the UK for Rugby League World Cup 2013.
The dancers will be led and inspired by Jeanefer Jean-Charles, who was part of the team who delivered the London 2012 Opening Ceremony, and one of the country’s most exciting young choreographers, James Wilton.  Together they’re creating a new piece of work which will be unveiled at the Opening Ceremony in Cardiff on October 26.  The new dance will combine the work of 50 elite dancers and 500 community dancers from across the UK.
James said: “Having grown up playing lots of sport and always having had a particular fondness of Rugby League, both as a spectator and a player, I am thrilled to be selected as choreographer for the Elite Dance Performance of the RLWC2013 Opening Ceremony.
“My dance style is very much influenced by my background in sport and it is fantastic for me to go full circle and bring my work to a sport audience. I aim to create a work that leaves audiences as on the edge of their seat as the final minutes of a close game.”
Jeanefer Jean-Charles has spent the past fortnight appointing dance practitioners to work with groups of both experienced and new dancers in communities around the country.  Within a week of auditions getting underway nine groups in the North West had already signed up and that enthusiasm is being mirrored across the UK.
RLWC2013 Dance Programme Artistic Director, Jeanefer Jean-Charles said: “I’m very familiar with getting non dancers to buy into projects. Someone will come along and say I really want to be in this but I’ve got two left feet, and by the end of the project they find they’ve got a right and a left foot and they feel good about themselves. It will never happen again in this way and you’ll always be able to say I was there, just like the Olympics.”
The programme also includes the development of a viral dance logo, created by Pete Shenton and Tom Roden from New Art Club, an award winning dance and physical comedy duo, which will be launched via YouTube at the beginning of October.
It’s already catching on in communities who’ve had a sneak preview and is an opportunity for spectators in the stands to get up and join in.
The million pound project, which is supported by Arts Council England through their Grants for the Arts programme, Wooden Spoon, the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Arts Council of Wales and the Welsh Government, will give a once in a lifetime opportunity for thousands of dancers to perform.
As well as the Opening Ceremony there will be dance performances at all the matches in England and Wales across the tournament. The whole project is being managed by Grand Visionary Solutions, who have over 45 years experience of delivering large scale dance and public engagement projects.
June Gamble, Grand Visionary Solutions: said “It's tremendously exciting to be working with RLWC2013 to be delivering a project that at the same time as offering thousands of people life changing opportunities brings tournament audiences, thrilling and spectacular world class entertainment.”
Sally Bolton, RLWC2013 General Manager, said: “It is fantastic for the tournament that we have been successful in developing a huge dance programme to sit alongside the sporting contest which will grip the nation this October and November.
“We are aiming to create a real festival atmosphere at all our events, and none more so than the Opening Ceremony.  The dance programme is really capturing the imagination of the country, and who knows? We may see the odd famous face joining in on the day. I think spectators will be really wowed by what they see and hear at Cardiff on October 26. For both the dance and the Rugby League, it will be a day not to be missed.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#1437 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

My 10 tickets for the semi finals were delivered to my office today. Think I could've bought 20 and easily shifted them to my mates.

#1438 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

My 10 tickets for the semi finals were delivered to my office today. Think I could've bought 20 and easily shifted them to my mates.

Do it if you can?! The more the better...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1439 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,858 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I've still only received tickets for the opener from six matches.

Edited by deluded pom?, 23 September 2013 - 06:06 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1440 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Got mine for opener, neath and Bristol. Prob only double header on top of that though for me
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users