Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1441 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

My 10 tickets for the semi finals were delivered to my office today. Think I could've bought 20 and easily shifted them to my mates.

Only £12.50 through St Albans Centurions!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#1442 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

the England match at Huddersfield

​they are the only ones i've NOT received!

Mine arrived on Friday. Rather excited!

#1443 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Mine arrived on Friday. Rather excited!

No tickets today. Rather worried.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1444 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

There's still a month to go until the first match!! Every year we get the same posts for the Challenge Cup final and Grand Final, yet I'm yet to hear any stories of anyone who didn't get their tickets in time, and wasn't able to resolve this by phoning the RFL?

#1445 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

There's still a month to go until the first match!! Every year we get the same posts for the Challenge Cup final and Grand Final, yet I'm yet to hear any stories of anyone who didn't get their tickets in time, and wasn't able to resolve this by phoning the RFL?

I've paid a fair few quid in handling charges. Why should I have to pay more by having to ring the RFL?

rldfsignature.jpg

#1446 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've paid a fair few quid in handling charges. Why should I have to pay more by having to ring the RFL?

You shouldn't. There's still a month to go. I've also emailed the RFL previously (to change the address my tickets were delivered to) and had a response straight away, so there's inexpensive options should the worst come to the worst

#1447 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ticketmaster often don't dispatch tickets until a couple of weeks before the event. Start to worry if you still haven't received your tickets with a week to go.

#1448 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm getting twitchy because plenty of people are posting on here about the number of tickets they've received which include the same matches I've booked for but haven't got yet.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1449 Yorkie44

Yorkie44
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

My tickets arrived the other week, for opener, had to stay in Gloucester though. I'm wanting to go to a few more games but as an RL fan I'm just waiting until last minute, although this probably won't work. Also waiting for outcome of the competition at work to conclude for final tickets.

#1450 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,735 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Got all my tickets.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#1451 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Got none of mine yet out of 4 matches, but not worried yet.

Been a lot of good talk of ticket sales, be really good to see the first 'sold out' sign go up soon. Any thoughts as to where that would be? Avignon, Rochdale, Workington. Would love it to be Cardiff or Old Trafford though!

#1452 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Any thoughts as to where that would be? Avignon, Rochdale, Workington. Would love it to be Cardiff or Old Trafford though!

I am going to state Avignon or Huddersfield...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1453 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Huge Dance Programme launched for Rugby League World Cup 2013

This sounds great.  I know it's not directly about the rugby (although always nice to learn that someone is a Saints fan!) but IMO the build up and occasion itself are equally important to making this tournament stand out for fans and for viewers on TV too.  Listening to the video and learning about the staff involved, especially having someone who has done this sort of thing at the London Olympics, has left me somewhat impressed.  I also like the sound of the viral dance and I hope it catches on.  That could bring a real festival fun feel to the event as a contrast to the rugby battle taking place.

#1454 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Out of the 11 matches I've bought tickets for I've so far only received 4 lots. I bought each match separately and the 4 lots I have received were the first 4 I purchased so I don't know if they are sending them out in the order they were purchased?

Edited by donny donny, 24 September 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#1455 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm getting twitchy because plenty of people are posting on here about the number of tickets they've received which include the same matches I've booked for but haven't got yet.

The tickets are all the same, its the print on them that changes, so people could be receiving them in order of having booke by LIFO or FIFO or it could be alphabetical or by quantities.... ive received tickets for the same games in two deliveries as they are in different blocks.... Yours will come and you can join everyone else in marvelling at them :D

Edited by MidlandsRugbyLeague, 24 September 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#1456 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I so wish I could go to this world cup.  I had planned to but life got in the way.  I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

#1457 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I so wish I could go to this world cup.  I had planned to but life got in the way.  I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Watching on tv is the next best thing I suppose, I'm in the same boat as you.

#1458 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Does anyone know if there are any plans to do a DVD/Blu-Ray box set of the World Cup? Was given the one from the Olympics last year as a present and it is superb

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#1459 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I've just received 2 tickets for the final. I ordered 12.

(I ordered 2 then got another 10 added)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#1460 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I actually have not got tickets for the opener or the
final, and there's a real chance I might not be able to get to them anyway BUT....

It's a really new experience as an RL fan to not be assured of a ticket or even decide on the day of the match. I like it, something must be going right!

I remember getting my tickets for the 2000 final about 2 days before the event. I paid too.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users