TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1541 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Not even Roby?

To be honest I'm not sure he'll be picked.  He's not anywhere near form yet, the Leeds play off game being only his third back from his second long spell out for an ankle op. 

#1542 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

That's great to hear but I'm honest that's the first time of me hearing about that just like to see it been put out there more if you like, just believe its a huge huge game for the sport and a real oppitunity to ensure a great start to the comp, would be great to get some headline singers/groups at the game like I previously said think the flags giveaway would be great aswell

The World Cup office have only just put this 'out there' via a You Tube video that you can see if you enter Rugby League World Cup dancers (which is what I asked for anyway!).  Pretty impressive stuff, especially given that one of the staff was responsible for mass dance at the Olympics and also the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. 

There is also going to be a viral dance coming out soon for speccies and players to join in with (I believe Charnley did a bit of it when he scored his try on Friday night but I didn't notice from the TV coverage at the time).  That's a good idea as it creates a dynamic among fans to add to the flag waving and all the rest.

#1543 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think with alot of fans including myself unless u feel that there's a real need to get tickets early we tend to leave it as late as possible getting tickets like myself I've purchased tickets for semi and final as these seem to b selling well and wanted to make sure I could get a few of us together for cheapish tickets but haven't got tickets for all 3 hull games and the opener but will be as I've not heard much on how well sales are

#1544 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Try and get her to the game at Langtree Park-it might open her eyes!

I'm with you on that.... got to get to see Aussie's at least once live if its on your door step....  but it is an attitude I get from my own friends in St Helen's whom sometimes dare I say can be a little insular when it comes to watching any team unless a St Helen's connection and even then difficult.   My friends have a real hate emotional reflect with anything to do with Wigan and it becomes even stronger where Tomkins is concerned - never ceases to amuse me.

Not good but in some small way its reassuring to see its not just my friends but more common .

#1545 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

The World Cup office have only just put this 'out there' via a You Tube video that you can see if you enter Rugby League World Cup dancers (which is what I asked for anyway!).  Pretty impressive stuff, especially given that one of the staff was responsible for mass dance at the Olympics and also the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. 

There is also going to be a viral dance coming out soon for speccies and players to join in with (I believe Charnley did a bit of it when he scored his try on Friday night but I didn't notice from the TV coverage at the time).  That's a good idea as it creates a dynamic among fans to add to the flag waving and all the rest.

The viral dance will be the one that was performed at the Exiles match. It's the sort of thing that "dads at a party" like me can join in with! A sort of Aga Do or Step to the Right, mass participation type dance. I'm sure once I've seen it a couple of dozen times, I might get the hang of it.

#1546 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I think with alot of fans including myself unless u feel that there's a real need to get tickets early we tend to leave it as late as possible getting tickets like myself I've purchased tickets for semi and final as these seem to b selling well and wanted to make sure I could get a few of us together for cheapish tickets but haven't got tickets for all 3 hull games and the opener but will be as I've not heard much on how well sales are

I expect you will see lots of build up now, with some sort of announcement every day, and really kicking in after the Grand Final. The shirt & squad get revealed on Tuesday for example.

#1547 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

You'll be struggling to get anything other than the upper tier if you wait too long, unless money is no object of course.  I couldn't get a seat where I wanted to so I've opted for a corner spot on the lower tier as money IS an object to me!  I only booked my tickets today.

Here's the latest ground view of ticket availability:

https://www.eticketi...px?itemref=9323

#1548 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

The viral dance will be the one that was performed at the Exiles match. It's the sort of thing that "dads at a party" like me can join in with! A sort of Aga Do or Step to the Right, mass participation type dance. I'm sure once I've seen it a couple of dozen times, I might get the hang of it.

Yes, that would be the one as people dancing it at Warrington is shown on the video.  Apparently dancers performed it at the promo event in London before the Challenge Cup final.  Looks like a bit of fun anyway.

#1549 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Would love to see the 1 announcement per day from 1st October until kick off. It will also be interesting to see what sort of media coverage has been penned in. Players on tv programmes, radio programmes, newspaper columns and whether any national papers do any pre tournament pull outs like they do with other sports. Been impressed so far with what has been done and hope that all rugby fans try and get to as many games as possible.

#1550 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

With a month still to go, ticket sales for the games at Workington are going quite well. More than 5,000 sold for Scotland v Tonga and more than 4,000 for Scotland v Italy. With a big push in the next few weeks and the walk ups I can see crowds of 6500-7000 for both games.

#1551 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Reminder of the TotalRL prediction game set up by Brooza:

http://www.superbru.....php?p=11133927
Pool name: TotalRL

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#1552 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Who is actually broadcasting (not sure if right word) the matches? Obviously PS are showing the matches, but it wont be coming from PS cameras will it?

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#1553 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

With a month still to go, ticket sales for the games at Workington are going quite well. More than 5,000 sold for Scotland v Tonga and more than 4,000 for Scotland v Italy. With a big push in the next few weeks and the walk ups I can see crowds of 6500-7000 for both games.

As expected, this justifies the decision to take the games to Workington.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#1554 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Who is actually broadcasting (not sure if right word) the matches? Obviously PS are showing the matches, but it wont be coming from PS cameras will it?

The company that produces the Championship coverage for Premier Sports is doing the coverage for the World Cup as well (can't remember the name of them). There was an article about it in this months Forty 20 magazine. The BBC provide the coverage for the games they are covering, and Premier provide the rest.

#1555 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Andrew Voss is part of the Premier Sport team as just tweeted by him. Good move

#1556 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Andrew Voss is part of the Premier Sport team as just tweeted by him. Good move

That's good be interesting to see the rest of the coverage lineup

#1557 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

The company that produces the Championship coverage for Premier Sports is doing the coverage for the World Cup as well (can't remember the name of them). There was an article about it in this months Forty 20 magazine. The BBC provide the coverage for the games they are covering, and Premier provide the rest.

I don't think this is correct, IIRC the coverage is being provided by IMG (unless they are the company you're referring to).

#1558 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't think this is correct, IIRC the coverage is being provided by IMG (unless they are the company you're referring to).

Weren't IMG just contracted to sell the rights?

#1559 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

IMG co-ordinate the whole package.  So they'll be getting a third party to do all the filming and provide it back to the broadcasters. In the case of 2008 they hired Global TV to do all the broadcast, hence there were consistent themeing across all games regardless of whether they were Channel 9 or Fox Sports matches.

BBC and Premier can then elect to add their own commentary team, additional cameras or others bits on top of or instead of on the core IMG product. 

Posted Image

#1560 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

In the Forty 20 article it stated that Premier (or the company that provides the RL coverage for them) were providing the international feed for 19 of the matches - the rest are done by the BBC. Just wish I hadn't thrown the mag out, or I could tell you a bit more about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users