Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1561 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

In the Forty 20 article it stated that Premier (or the company that provides the RL coverage for them) were providing the international feed for 19 of the matches - the rest are done by the BBC. Just wish I hadn't thrown the mag out, or I could tell you a bit more about it.

That company is TeleVideo isnt it?

#1562 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

That company is TeleVideo isnt it?

It is - thanks for that. Their website has more on this:-

http://www.televideo..._world_cup.html

Televideo will deliver world feed coverage of ten games for clients IMG, as well as world feed and production facilities for Premier Sports on a further 11 games. Premier Sports will show every game of the competition live. The remaining games, featuring England, will be world feed broadcasts facilitated by the BBC.

#1563 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ooo I'm going to order this!
@pmlprogrammes: THE OFFICIAL @RLWC2013 PREVIEW GUIDE IS NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR COPY - http://t.co/No54HbEfs0 #RLWC2013

I've just won one!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#1564 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Whilst I shouldn't complain about the fact we are getting to see all of the games live, I do hope the Premier Sports coverage doesn't come across as Aussie coverage. 

I like Voss, he comes across as a good bloke, but I hope Woods is used extensively by Premier too. I expect that as Premier feeds will be used by 7mate and Sky Sports NZ that is why Voss is working for them - possibly even having his costs subsidised but this is a British World Cup and I want it to have a British feel.

A minor worry mind, one I can live with!

#1565 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Whilst I shouldn't complain about the fact we are getting to see all of the games live, I do hope the Premier Sports coverage doesn't come across as Aussie coverage. 

I like Voss, he comes across as a good bloke, but I hope Woods is used extensively by Premier too. I expect that as Premier feeds will be used by 7mate and Sky Sports NZ that is why Voss is working for them - possibly even having his costs subsidised but this is a British World Cup and I want it to have a British feel.

A minor worry mind, one I can live with!

Won't Dave Woods be working for the BBC during the tournament?

#1566 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Won't Dave Woods be working for the BBC during the tournament?

He does both when the Challenge Cup and Championship are on, so I expect he will work for both during the WC.

It said on Twitter that Voss will be doing around half of the Premier games, so hopefully it will be Woods for the others. Will be good to have expertise from both sides of the world.

#1567 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think a combination of the 2 would be good. I would like someone who knows the southern hemisphere players to commentate on games involving a lot of NRLers, so the names are pronounced correctly.

#1568 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

He does both when the Challenge Cup and Championship are on, so I expect he will work for both during the WC.

How would that work when the England games are live on the BBC though Dave? I assume he'll be classed as the BBC's main commentator and they would have him commentating on their live games. I assume he would be Premier's main commentator too which isn't currently a problem as there's not a clash between BBC Challenge Cup coverage and Premier Championship coverage.

Edited by deluded pom?, 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1569 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

How would that work when the England games are live on the BBC though Dave? I assume he'll be classed as the BBC's main commentator and they would have him commentating on their live games. I assume he would be Premier's main commentator too which isn't currently a problem as there's not a clash between BBC Challenge Cup coverage and Premier Championship coverage.

That's where I would expect Voss to be used. The BBC are only showing 8 games live. 

Voss is actually heading up the Premier Sports team - that's the bit that disappoints me.

#1570 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Voss is actually heading up the Premier Sports team - that's the bit that disappoints me.

I didn't realise that. At least Voss is one of the few Aussie commentators who knows there's RL life outside of Australia's Eastern seaboard.

rldfsignature.jpg

#1571 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

I didn't realise that. At least Voss is one of the few Aussie commentators who knows there's RL life outside of Australia's Eastern seaboard.

Yes, that's a fair point, from following him on Twitter he often comments on SL and our players and seems a nice enough bloke.

#1572 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

According to the website, U17, U18, U19 and U20 have now sold all odd-numbered rows up to the back row whilst U21and U22 aren't far behind. That end is definitely going to look full at least as is U4, U14, U15, U16, U25, U35 and U36, which have all nearly done the same. Looks like the top tier is selling well across the board bar some of the Cat 3 sections...

Just estimates of course though!

Edited by GeordieSaint, 30 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1573 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

According to Love Rugby League they will also be using standard commentators Dave Woods and Ian Ramsdale. They will be using Noble, Darryl Halligan and Robbie Hunter-Paul on the panel.

Sounds good if they will use a mixture of Aus/NZ/British talent,

#1574 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Bristol tweeting saying that 1300 tickets have been sold. Think that is a good effort for a non heartland area game. Hopefully double that between now and the game

#1575 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Bristol tweeting saying that 1300 tickets have been sold. Think that is a good effort for a non heartland area game. Hopefully double that between now and the game

I was told this yesterday - I was pleasntly surprised. They're ramping up the marketing in the final weeks, with a big push when the Cook Islands team hits the city (they're based here for the duration). Hopefully the local media will do its bit, and particularly the Bristol Post, which has been a bit slow to give it much coverage of late (though they did send down a photographer to the WC stall and Sonics touch rugby thing at the council's Make Sundays Special event yesterday)

Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#1576 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

World cup adverts on talksport radio.

#1577 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Steve McNamara on Chris Evans show now and Sally Bolton on 5 live on the breakfast show!

#1578 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think the 100days code has now been removed.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1579 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Steve McNamara on Chris Evans show now and Sally Bolton on 5 live on the breakfast show!

Dont tell me - McBanana has picked the traffic girl at scrum half and Evans as prop?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#1580 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

One thing that's in our favour this year, as opposed to 2000, is the ability of twitter and the internet to spread the word, and so the inertia/antipathy from the Vichy traditional press is less of a hindrance. That said, everything about the organisation looks better so far.
Having gone from hoping it isn't a catastrophe I am now feeling hopeful it could be a success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users