League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#141 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

yeah i remember having to stand up on the train all the way to london the train going no faster than 40mph,.

That's not the norm then? ;)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#142 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Good to see that North Stand Tier 2 Tickets are now available to buy for the final at Old trafford.

The advertisment at Cardiff was concerning on Saturday though.

I attended the Wales v Ireland Six Nations game at the millenium stadium with a 74,500 attendance and spent the entire night after going from bar to bar, walking around the city and i seen no mention of it whatsoever. Ridiculous thought not advertising during the this time. Speedway at the stadium got a crowd of £50,000 BECAUSE THEY ADVERTISED so stupid if they are not doing this in a Rugby Fanatical nation.

#143 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

At least its advertised on the Millenium Stadium Website I suppose

http://www.millenniu...vents/27346.php

Also theres a Facebook Fan page called Cardiff:Rugby League World Cup 2013 like this page and tell your friends baout it build momentum towards this event.

#144 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Kick-off times to be announced any time now according to RLWC2013.

One thing that is very different about this world cup, and this is part of the Richard Lewis legacy is that everyone in RL in the UK, knows that the pinnacle of 2013 as far as rugby league goes is the World Cup. It's not the challenge cup, or the grand final, its 30 November at Old Trafford.

For far, far too long, the club game has been what it is all about and international game afterwards. This year, every player, journalist, even Sky on the opening night of SL, is talking about the world cup at the end of 2013.

That is as it should be. Richard Lewis often said that the biggest area for growth in rugby league lay in the international game, and it is looking like the 2013 World Cup is going to be another step towards that.

Note the Kingstone Cider deal for the championship today and their link to England RL and how great it is "in world cup year".

#145 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Kick-off times to be announced any time now according to RLWC2013.

One thing that is very different about this world cup, and this is part of the Richard Lewis legacy is that everyone in RL in the UK, knows that the pinnacle of 2013 as far as rugby league goes is the World Cup. It's not the challenge cup, or the grand final, its 30 November at Old Trafford.

For far, far too long, the club game has been what it is all about and international game afterwards. This year, every player, journalist, even Sky on the opening night of SL, is talking about the world cup at the end of 2013.

That is as it should be. Richard Lewis often said that the biggest area for growth in rugby league lay in the international game, and it is looking like the 2013 World Cup is going to be another step towards that.

Note the Kingstone Cider deal for the championship today and their link to England RL and how great it is "in world cup year".

There was a RLWC 2013 Bristol marketing/steering group meeting earlier today. Couldn't attend myself but I'm pleased that they seem to be meeting every few weeks to put in place plans to really hammer the promotion. Lots of stuff being planned with schools to raise awareness and drive sales. Should be lots of announcements soon on that score.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#146 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Ticket sales have now exceeded 100,000, and the lower tier at Wembley has now sold out, or virtually sold out. So that's 20% of the tickets shifted already.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I haven't seen it.

This is from the horses mouth, so to speak. Ray Tennant at the RFL, today, and happy to be quoted as such.

There's one amateur club over in Yorkshire who are taking 14 coaches so far!!

#147 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Ticket sales have now exceeded 100,000, and the lower tier at Wembley has now sold out, or virtually sold out. So that's 20% of the tickets shifted already.

This is from the horses mouth, so to speak. Ray Tennant at the RFL, today, and happy to be quoted as such.

Shamazeballs.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#148 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I don;t suppose it was mentioned when they expect the upper tier to go on sale?

#149 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Wonder if the "ring of indifference" at Wembley will be filled for a world cup.

I'm not holding my breath.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#150 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

That's impressive. We've managed to fill one coach and our reason is still months away.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#151 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don;t suppose it was mentioned when they expect the upper tier to go on sale?

No, sorry..

#152 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Im so chuffed with all this positive talk and good news about the world cup.

But mmm Isnt this the same RFL that practically said last year that the Magic Weekend was close to sell out and it ended up with an average gate the same as when Cardiff held it and much closer to the heartlands?

#153 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I doubt it very much! I was there last night for England v Brazil and there were loads of empty seats in there. If they cant be arsed for that they certainly wont be arsed for Rugby League. Sarries v Quins a different kettle of fish altogether I'm sure - tossers ;-)

#154 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Im so chuffed with all this positive talk and good news about the world cup.

But mmm Isnt this the same RFL that practically said last year that the Magic Weekend was close to sell out and it ended up with an average gate the same as when Cardiff held it and much closer to the heartlands?

THEY WERE ALL HOLOGRAMS : ((((((((( CM
Posted Image

#155 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

TThe lower tier at Wembley has now sold out, or virtually sold out.

how many tickets does that equate to?

#156 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Edited by roughyedspud, 08 February 2013 - 08:30 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#157 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

No, sorry..

Cheers

#158 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

the world cup double header ARE'NT included in the club wembley membership package.....they will probably get first option on those seats...but they will be able to be sold on if they are'nt taken up by club wembley members........which is'nt the case for the challenge cup

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#159 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

I doubt it very much! I was there last night for England v Brazil and there were loads of empty seats in there. If they cant be arsed for that they certainly wont be arsed for Rugby League. Sarries v Quins a different kettle of fish altogether I'm sure - tossers ;-)

I noticed that - they couldn't fill it for the national team of the #1 sport in the country versus the world's most famous international Football side. You have to wonder what would fill it.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#160 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I noticed that - they couldn't fill it for the national team of the #1 sport in the country versus the world's most famous international Football side. You have to wonder what would fill it.

Could somebody "please explain" to us ignorant antipodeans just what is meant by the "ring of indifference", Club Wembley etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users