League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1641 sigesige00

sigesige00
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Do you think that Wales will easily win the Group D?

#1642 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

No, the game against Cook Islands should be very even.

#1643 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Direct Golf Top tier now open for business at Huddersfield! :D

• amh likes this

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1644 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Tried WH Smith in Bridge St, Westminster and then at Leeds rail station and neither had it.

it's probably sitting in stock rooms I just can't be bothered trying to explain to some spotty kid that no I didn't mean rugby world but rugby league World Cup mag. :(
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1645 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Not a chance! It'll be a really competitive group for Wales to qualify from, which is the way it should be.

#1646 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

If we are ever feeling down about this World Cup being a relative success at least, just take a look at the 2000 crowds... lol

#1647 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Direct Golf Top tier now open for business at Huddersfield! :D

Just booked 3 tickets tonight in the DG top tier block between halfway and 25 line on Row AA (is this front row?) and with half price code - bargain.

#1648 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Anyone know if the 100 day code is still working or not?

#1649 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Anyone know if the 100 day code is still working or not?

It isn't - use 50days instead

On another point - how do you get tickets to specific seats or area?

I've tried that for the Leigh game, and it keeps giving me seats on row B, whatever I use. I don't want to be on Row B as too low down. Does it mean a phone call to be more specific about seats?

#1650 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

I've tried that for the Leigh game, and it keeps giving me seats on row B, whatever I use. I don't want to be on Row B as too low down. Does it mean a phone call to be more specific about seats?

Click 'My Favourite Seat' on the tickets page.

#1651 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

If we are ever feeling down about this World Cup being a relative success at least, just take a look at the 2000 crowds... lol

What made it worse in 2000 IMO, is that all we were told about the tournament beforehand was how well everything was going and there was record sponsorship, crowds etc. This was in the column in the old TRL paper version. The guy concerned cant be blamed for the weather but the reality was a bit of a let down. At least there was some good games on the pitch.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#1652 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, 50days works as I booked a seat for Leigh using that the other day.

#1653 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Re TV coverage - I've just rang to cancel our subscription to Premier having had the £30 for 6 months. I forgot to cancel at the end and they took a £9.98 for Sept which is my own fault.

I now have 3 months @ £3.99 

*note to self - remember to cancel on 1 Dec ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#1654 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I am pleasantly surprised at the interest being shown here in S Wales, and colleagues I work with, and who have never shown interest in league have already bought tickets for the opening ceremony. I have great hopes of the Millennium stadium actually being sold out.

#1655 irishfan

irishfan
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Re TV coverage - I've just rang to cancel our subscription to Premier having had the £30 for 6 months. I forgot to cancel at the end and they took a £9.98 for Sept which is my own fault.

I now have 3 months @ £3.99 

*note to self - remember to cancel on 1 Dec ;)

Is it possible to get Premier Sports at £3.99 a month? Can't seem to find it anywhere on their website

Edited by irishfan, 03 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#1656 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Is it possible to get Premier Sports at £3.99 a month? Can't seem to find it anywhere on their website

Retentions

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#1657 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Over 15,000 sold for England v Ireland and well on course for a sell out per a tweet from Andy Wilson.

#1658 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Ireland 24 Man World Cup Squad:

Dave Allen, Luke Ambler, Bob Beswick, Damien Blanch, Danny Bridge*, Ben Currie*, Liam Finn, Simon Finnigan, Scott Grix, Simon Grix, Kurt Haggerty*, James Hasson*, Rory Kostjasyn*, Stuart Littler, Tyrone McCarthy, James Mendeika, Anthony Mullally*, Eamon O’Carroll, Apirana Pewhairangi*, Pat Richards, Colton Roche, Marc Sneyd*, Joshua Toole, Brett White*

*Denotes previously uncapped player.

#1659 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Interesting that James Hasson is in the Irish squad as im sure a while back people were talking him up as a possible future England player, as he qualifies through a parent or grand parent..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#1660 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ireland 24 Man World Cup Squad:

Dave Allen (Widnes), Luke Ambler, Bob Beswick (Leigh), Damien Blanch (Catalans), Danny Bridge*, Ben Currie (Warrington)*, Liam Finn, Simon Finnigan, Scott Grix (Huddersfield), Simon Grix (Warrington), Kurt Haggerty (Widnes)*, James Hasson*, Rory Kostjasyn*, Stuart Littler, Tyrone McCarthy (Warrington), James Mendeika (Warrington), Anthony Mullally (Huddersfield)*, Eamon O’Carroll (Widnes), Apirana Pewhairangi*, Pat Richards (Wigan), Colton Roche, Marc Sneyd (Castleford)*, Joshua Toole, Brett White*

*Denotes previously uncapped player.

Trying to figure out all their clubs... decent set of forwards!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users