Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1661 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Click 'My Favourite Seat' on the tickets page.

Tried that several times with different seat/row numbers - each time it gave me the same seats on row B regardless of the combination of row/seat number that I entered. 

You also have to know what Rows and Seat Numbers are within a given block as it will just give an error message if you select seat 150 and the block is the seat number range 45 - 125 for example

#1662 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Tried that several times with different seat/row numbers - each time it gave me the same seats on row B regardless of the combination of row/seat number that I entered. 

You also have to know what Rows and Seat Numbers are within a given block as it will just give an error message if you select seat 150 and the block is the seat number range 45 - 125 for example

Add as many seats as possible in the block you want into your basket. You can then just delete the ones you don't want leaving the ones you prefer. That's what I did with a few of mine to get seats further back.

#1663 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Do you think that Wales will easily win the Group D?

They should but I can see them losing to Italy and to me it wouldn't even be an upset.

#1664 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Well just booked some tickets... reading this forum and the enthusiasm by all has got through to me.... so me and the missus are off to:

England/Ireland,  England/Fiji,  NZ/PNG.  QF@headingley and the Big Hit at Wembley...... so far

Your collective passion and enthusiasm needs bottling and shared out to get others buying tickets....

#1665 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well just booked some tickets... reading this forum and the enthusiasm by all has got through to me.... so me and the missus are off to:

England/Ireland,  England/Fiji,  NZ/PNG.  QF@headingley and the Big Hit at Wembley...... so far

Your collective passion and enthusiasm needs bottling and shared out to get others buying tickets....

Well done - let's keep spreading the love

#1666 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

All tickets sorted now:

NZ / Samoa @ Warrington

Ireland / Fiji @ Rochdale

Tonga / Cook Islands @ Leigh

USA / Scotland @ Salford

England / Ireland @ Huddersfield

Ireland / Australia @ Limerick

QF @ Warrington

Final @ Old Trafford

Matched my '08 Total of matches

#1667 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Is anyone else still waiting for tickets to arrive? I ordered 9 pairs and I've received them all except the pair for the ENG v IRE game. They were ordered at the same time I ordered some of the other ones but they didn't come with them.

I'm in exactly the same situation with tickets for all my games apart from ENG v IRE having arrived.

#1668 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ireland 24 Man World Cup Squad:

Dave Allen, Luke Ambler, Bob Beswick, Damien Blanch, Danny Bridge*, Ben Currie*, Liam Finn, Simon Finnigan, Scott Grix, Simon Grix, Kurt Haggerty*, James Hasson*, Rory Kostjasyn*, Stuart Littler, Tyrone McCarthy, James Mendeika, Anthony Mullally*, Eamon O’Carroll, Apirana Pewhairangi*, Pat Richards, Colton Roche, Marc Sneyd*, Joshua Toole, Brett White*

*Denotes previously uncapped player.

Thought we may have seen Chris Bridge and Ben Harrison make an appearance for this tournament seeing as they are not in England's plans and can basically change back the day after the WC.

#1669 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Getting really excited about this now on the back of the squad announcements, the new England kit and the media coverage of the Burgess boys.

I'll get round to seeing at least half of the teams live:

England

Australia

Wales

Italy

Scotland

New Zealand

Samoa

plus maybe one other in the semi final.

#1670 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Anyone got ideas on how to get up to Workington for either games?

Dont want to drive (drinking reasons) and would rather take a train or bus but struggling.

Based in Leeds I cant get a train back after either games due to one being Sunday and the other finishing too late!

Any club coaches doing specials or any ideas on logistics???

Help!

#1671 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'm in exactly the same situation with tickets for all my games apart from ENG v IRE having arrived.

Was wondering whether to give them a call but will leave it for now if I'm not the only one. I'm assuming they are concentrating on sending out SL Grand Final tickets this week so hopefully they'll be sent next week.

Getting really excited about this now on the back of the squad announcements, the new England kit and the media coverage of the Burgess boys.

I'll get round to seeing at least half of the teams live:

England

Australia

Wales

Italy

Scotland

New Zealand

Samoa

plus maybe one other in the semi final.

I'll definitely be seeing 11 of the 14, if you include the NZ v Cook Islands friendly. Just missing out on France, Scotland and USA. Tempted to buy tickets to USA v Scotland to cover those two as well but Salford on a Thursday night with potentially the two worst team in the comp is a hard sell. Wanted to see France play but with their only group match in the UK being the day after Cardiff it was too much of a stretch, might catch them in the quarters though depending on where they finish.

#1672 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Anyone got ideas on how to get up to Workington for either games?

Dont want to drive (drinking reasons) and would rather take a train or bus but struggling.

Based in Leeds I cant get a train back after either games due to one being Sunday and the other finishing too late!

Any club coaches doing specials or any ideas on logistics???

Help!

Unfortunately a train or bus is not the greatest journey, you will need to change at Preston or Manchester and again at Carlisle. Drive up the day before and stay in the lakes somewhere, make a trip of it.

#1673 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think that also on the Sunday there is a replacement bus service on the West Cumbria line, so makes it less likely to travel by train on that route.

Alternatively, use Traveline to plan a journey. www.traveline-northwest.co.uk

For example on a Sunday if you can get to Preston Sunday morning then at 11:40am there is a train from Preston to Penrith. Gets you into Penrith at 12:33 nip down the road to the Station Hotel or the Agricultural for a pint and then catch the bus from Penrith rail station at 13:15 arrives in Workington at 14:52 then its 15 mins walk to the ground. Game kicks off at 16:00 so time for a couple of beers before.

However, I'd suggest its difficult to do the return journey on a Sunday night so as DKW suggests stay over and we can advise on where to stay etc.

#1674 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Some crowds from 2000:
Final 44k
Twickenham 34k
Barrow Fiji Russia 2k
Gateshead Oz Fiji 4k
St Helens Eng Russia 6k (hang their heads in shame)
Leeds Eng Fiji 10k
Hull FC Oz Russia 3k
Wrexham Wales Cooks 5k
Gloucester (!) NZ Lebanon 2.5k
Reading NZ Cooks 4k
Llanelli Wales Lebanon 1.5k
Cardiff Cooks Lebanon 5.5k
Cardiff Wales NZ 17.5k
Paris France PNG/SA Tonga 7.5
Carcasonne France Tonga 10k
Toulouse PNG SA 4k
Albi France SA 8k
St Esteve PNG Tonga 3.5k
Belfast Ireland Samoa 3k (the BBC curtain raiser)
Glasgow Scotland Maori (a country in those days) 2k
Dublin Ireland Scotland 2k
Workington Samoa Maori 4k (bravo Cumbrians - then as now true fans)
Dublin Ireland Maori 3k
Edinburgh Scotland Samoa 1.5k

1/4 finals
Leeds England Ireland 15k
Watford Oz Samoa 5.5k
Widnes Wales PNG 5k
Cas France NZ 5k

Semis (look away now)
Bolton England controversially robbed by NZ 49-6 16k
Huddersfield Oz controversially robbed Lee Briers (already a veteran) inspired Wales 8k

So, we're doing ok.

"Goodness, that was an impressive piece of work and a very informative use of 5 spare minutes."

I thought so too.

#1675 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Have been impressed with all they've done up in Provence for the WC. The local papers to the fore. Here highlighting the involvement of their Tricolore representatives Duport, Pala, Khattabi, Soubeyras and Gigot. Lets hope they have great night on the 1st November.
20130925_114756-1_zps8009bb51.jpg

Edited by audois, 03 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#1676 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

http://m.bristol.gov...p-match-bristol just found this, bristol really setting the standards and they really deserve a good turn out. Really looking forward to it just wish everyone else was making the same effort
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1677 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ok - anyone managed to buy the World Cup preview match from WH Smiths?

It does appear as though RLWC2013 have been let down by their suppliers on this one, as it hasn't been available in either Leeds or Manchester yet, despite being available in "WH Smiths nationwide from 2 Oct".

I'm hoping this is just a bit of a blip and isn't an indicator of what we can expect from World Cup partners/suppliers this autumn.

I know magazine release dates is a bit hit or miss, used to drive me made going to get RLW from the shops on release date, only for it not to be in!! Always amazes me that the daily papers are always on time, but a monthly mag, not so!

#1678 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

It does appear as though RLWC2013 have been let down by their suppliers on this one, as it hasn't been available in either Leeds or Manchester yet, despite being available in "WH Smiths nationwide from 2 Oct".

I'm hoping this is just a bit of a blip and isn't an indicator of what we can expect from World Cup partners/suppliers this autumn.

I know magazine release dates is a bit hit or miss, used to drive me made going to get RLW from the shops on release date, only for it not to be in!! Always amazes me that the daily papers are always on time, but a monthly mag, not so!

#1679 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I agree really frustrating making a trip to town only to come up empty. Especially Cardiff which needs a decent push
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1680 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Ordered mine online. Although that's not arrived yet either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users