Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1681 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ordered mine online. Although that's not arrived yet either!

I emailed the company producing the programmes about when the programmes would be posted out. Didn't want to order them only to find they don't arrive before the matches, but although I got an automatic acknowledgement email, they haven't got back to me. So not sure whether to order the package or get them at the game. Prefer them in advance, to have a good read, rather than on game day when I'll be too busy looking at the pitch.

#1682 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ok - anyone managed to buy the World Cup preview match from WH Smiths?

I'm going to venture to the one in St Helens this weekend to see if they have a copy available.  They do supply Forty-20, Rugby League World and the two weeklies although only ever right at the back of all the other magazines even though St Helens is still what could be called a 'rugby league town'.  If they don't have it visible I will ask for it because I will tell them that it has been sent to them and I am a customer who wants to buy a copy (so get your backsides into gear and have it out on display!).

I will report back in due course!

I will also tweet the RLWC crew to let them know that WH Smith is letting them down.

#1683 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

With Grix, Currie, and McCarthy, I might find myself supporting Ireland at Huddersfield.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#1684 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,822 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ok - anyone managed to buy the World Cup preview match from WH Smiths?

It does appear as though RLWC2013 have been let down by their suppliers on this one, as it hasn't been available in either Leeds or Manchester yet, despite being available in "WH Smiths nationwide from 2 Oct".

I'm hoping this is just a bit of a blip and isn't an indicator of what we can expect from World Cup partners/suppliers this autumn.

I know magazine release dates is a bit hit or miss, used to drive me made going to get RLW from the shops on release date, only for it not to be in!! Always amazes me that the daily papers are always on time, but a monthly mag, not so!

I don't know if this is just my local branch of WHSmiths, but I don't even bother looking for RLW there 'til at least a week after the official release date. It gets on the shelves eventually, but they are a bit slow about it. I assume the same applies for other publications like the RWC one.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1685 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Those crowds from 2000 really do put things in to perspective. I think I only went to the final that year, but I've no doubt those figures will be absolutely smashed this year.

Just bought 8 tickets for NZ-Samoa at Warrington. Wasn't initially planning on going as we're all fully expecting to be hungover from a day in Cardiff, but a fiver each we can't say no!

#1686 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm locking this thread now, as this section of the forum is now open for business to discuss the World Cup in more detailed terms for the duration of the tournament, rather than having one mega-thread covering a multitude of different aspects.

Hopefully this will avoid too much confusion of who can post what where, as the tournament kick off draws near!

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users