Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

GALLANT DAVID FAILS TO DEFEAT MIGHTY GOLIATH

BARLA media release

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

BARLA BULLDOGS 5 JOINING JACK 15

BARLA Bulldogs bravely crashed out in the quarter finals of the International Veterans tournament at the Dubai 7in the all rugby league team clash against the star studded Joining Jack side which featured current and former Great Britain and England rugby league and union legends 15-5 after shocking them and taking a 5-0 lead and being level at the break.

After the had won their pool games on the opening day 26-0, 47-7, 19-15 against South Africa Vets, Malta Marauders, and Lagos Racing Vets respectively it was battle of the unbeaten records as Joining Jack had also won their three games.

In a game of ‘blood and snot the Bulldogs gave the might of the star studded Joining Jack team a torrid test throughout the compelling contest.
They also took the lead on two minutes following good lead up work by Steve Bird, Sean Richardson and Kieran Cavanaugh who gave former Great Britain and Warrington Wolves winger and now veteran player coach Mark Forster a half a chance to open the scoring which he did in good style.

The passion boiled up which saw the Bulldogs Jimmy Walker sent to the sin bin and the side playing a player down on field.

The Jack’s took their chance with the extra man and Sean Long kicked crossfield for Brian Carney to create an opening for Steve Blakely to open the scoring for his side to make the half time score 5-5.

Despite some ferocious and magnificent defence from the Bulldogs the Jacks edged in front with a try from Kris Radlinski and they finally ended the match with another late try from Blakely flattered the team of rugby league legends.

Although ending in a good spirit there was no quarter neither asked nor given by either side, one brief scuffle between Sean Long and Jimmy Walker sparking a minor flurry from both sides. At one stage in the second half Adrian Morley was sin binned for complaining about an alleged elbow!

BARLA Bulldogs Manager & Media Manager Mick Turner said, “I was a proud man today our lads gave their heart and soul and were unlucky to lose. This was great coverage for the Joining Jack charity. What a spectacle the World Club Challenge would be here with a Nines competition to support it.”

BARLA BULLDOGS: David Wynne, Paul Dean, Thomas McKinnon, Kevin Hetherington, Michael Ward, Sean Richardson, Stephen Bird, Stephen Morton, Lee Kelley, Adam Hoyle, James Walker, Christopher Peach, Mark Forster, Kieron Kavanagh, Steve Caley

JOINING JACK: Jason Robinson, Kris Radlinski, Sean Long, Gary Connolly, Martin Offiah, Steve Hampson, BJ Mather, Dennis Betts, Mick Cassidy, Paul Sculthorpe, Stephen Blakely, Adrian Morley, Brian Carney, Nick Wilkinson (Rugby Union), Andy Johnson (Captain)

Match Report Courtesy of Mick Turner BARLA Bulldogs Manager & Media Manager
Steve Manning

BARLA Media Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

We're taking veterans RU by storm. Australia just won the Bermuda international veterans tournament on the back of their two stars, Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns. And that one was 15s.

#3 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

We're taking veterans RU by storm. Australia just won the Bermuda international veterans tournament on the back of their two stars, Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns. And that one was 15s.

Fittler and Johns could still play for the Wallabies.
People called Romans they go the house

#4 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

http://www.dubairugb...rian-carney.jpg
http://www.dubairugb...rtin-offiah.jpg

Edited by my missus, 30 November 2012 - 06:06 PM.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#5 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

http://www.dubairugb...rian-carney.jpg
http://www.dubairugb...rtin-offiah.jpg

Fantastic pictures.

Shame they got knocked out in the semi-finals. Glad the Veteran Rugby League players showed how off their Rugby skills to a Rugby Union 7s audience.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users