TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Giants Shirt Amnesty shows fans' spirit of generosity

Giants media release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks to the Shirt Amnesty, Huddersfield Giants supporters can receive a discount on the 2013 shirt in return for donating their old Giants’ shirts to discount on the 2013 shirt. Huddersfield Giants shirt amnesty, in association with Bond It and the Stanley Gene Foundation, is already proving to be a huge success.

Commencing on the Open Day last Saturday, Giants officials collected huge numbers of donated shirts and are now urging all other fans to follow suit before the amnesty deadline on Thursday 28thFebruary. The Claret & Gold faithful turned up in force at the John Smith’s Stadium to donate their old replica shirts to the former Giants favourite, Stanley Gene’s personal charity. Any past shirt donated will be met with a £10 discount off of a brand new Giants 2013 home replica shirt, thanks to partners Bond It. And in addition, £5 will be reduced off the new shirt for fans who purchase a season ticket.

A host of Giants officials and stars such as Eorl Crabtree and PNG international Jason Chan have already thrown their weight behind the amnesty and the famous back rower, Chan, is calling on all to join him in backing Gene’s charity.

“The more gear we can get out there for the kids, the better,” he said. I hope all Giants supporters will take this great opportunity to help such a good cause. I know I will be throwing a few in for such a great charity. And as well as aiding the less fortunate, but great Rugby League-loving nation of Papua New Guinea, the Huddersfield faithful will have their own reward!”

James Brammer
Media & Marketing Manager

(edited HJ)

Edited by Honor James, 30 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Sounds a great idea.

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Sounds a great idea.

I also like it, not one for the enthusiastic shirt collector, but an excellent way to recycle old shirts via the SGF.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Giants as a club have sent old shirts to PNG a few times I believe, this is just expanding the principle to send old replica shirts too

PNG should be the focus of the Rugby League world, so much untapped potential

#5 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Giants as a club have sent old shirts to PNG a few times I believe, this is just expanding the principle to send old replica shirts too

PNG should be the focus of the Rugby League world, so much untapped potential

Ant, are you donating your shirt with the photo of Nathan Brown on the front? ;)

#6 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I wouldnt wish that on anyone...might send it to Twickers.

#7 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I wouldnt wish that on anyone...might send it to Twickers.

Who he?