Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Captain for 2013

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Five names have got a chance of getting it after the players had a vote,Austin,Spicer,Spaven,Hepworth And Gallaghgar, my vote would go for Captain Spicer for the job,Austin going to miss the first few games of the season would be my second choice.

Edited by andyram, 30 November 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#2 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

These players are classed as senior players for anyone to go to and have a word with if they want something said on their behalf to the head coach and not necessarily tm captain the side

#3 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

From what I can gather, the captain will eventually be selected from this group.

Hopefully doing a bit of a Q&A with Glenn during the week. I collected some questions off you all in October - any more you'd like to add?

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

The coach should select the captain, not the players. Leadership and the ability to follow a gameplan are the key requirements and GM should know his man by now, I reckon.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm pretty sure Glenn will have the final say, but when asked about it by fans his response has been that "the captain will pick itself" and I think there's a lot of truth in that.

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

scott spavin is also another player who could be captain if you read his interview with the press.

#7 ramstieidie

ramstieidie
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

we need a wiser head someone the team can look upto a leader a man with experience with spice he can give u that because he leads from the front and never gives up when push comes to shove #uptherams

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'd give it to spaven in all honesty, he was captain three season in a row when he was at Hull KR, so he knows what he is doing
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#9 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Although Scott is still only 22 he has played for over 16 years now so I would say he has plenty of experience, he has a brother that plays, father,grand father that played and his great grandfather was the chairman of HKR and also GB touring manager who 's team was the last British team to lift the world cup so it has been in his blood all his life. As Kelsey said he was captain at HKR for 3 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users