Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

December Photo Comp, chosen by Shrek is:- Festive Spirit

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,934 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Shrek was the October winner and therefore deservedly gets the right to chose the December theme.

"Festive Spirit" - but with a liberal interpretation for anyone not feeling especially festive.
Pictures to be taken between 1st December 2012 and 31st December 2012 and posted between those dates.

Personally I think that considering a lot of people may take photos on New Years Eve we should give a bit of lee-way on the end date and allow a small run over to allow people to sober up check their photos and post them for a couple of days after the normal close date. Thoughts?

Usual other rules apply regarding processing etc.

The festive season starts tomorrow get the camera at the ready, loaded and get shooting.

Edited by Padge, 30 November 2012 - 06:21 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

As the 12 days of Christmas runs until 6th January, I propose that for the closure date.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

As the 12 days of Christmas runs until 6th January, I propose that for the closure date.

and starts when?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

and starts when?

Middle of October if supermarkets are to be believed...
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Good call Padge, given you do all the leg work posting polls and the like I doubt anyone will object to you picking a date to suit you in January to wrap it up.

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

here's one to start us off

Posted Image
Christmas 2012 by CarlMitchell, on Flickr
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

HUMBUG!! -_- -_-
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

well as I'm the only one in the festive spirit........

Posted Image
South Bank London by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Posted Image

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image
Mystery shopper! by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Posted Image

#10 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,209 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

first attempt with new laptop
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#11 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Usual other rules apply regarding processing etc.

Please can you point me in the direction of the rules?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#12 Native New Yorker

Native New Yorker
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Please can you point me in the direction of the rules?

Rules as laid down for previous comps.

Photographs may have basic post processing such as cropping, levels, contrast saturation etc. No montages, blending, HDR etc. In other words keep it simple

The person who sets the theme gets the last word on eligibility of a photograph (as long as it conforms to the basic rules).
SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012
Stupid Grand Champion 2012
Challenged Cup Winner 2013

#13 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Rules as laid down for previous comps.

Photographs may have basic post processing such as cropping, levels, contrast saturation etc. No montages, blending, HDR etc. In other words keep it simple

The person who sets the theme gets the last word on eligibility of a photograph (as long as it conforms to the basic rules).

Cheers. Simple will suit me fine. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#14 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

A couple taken at the weekend, when we took my niece & nephew to see Santa on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway.

Posted Image
My niece waiting to see Santa by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image
Santa Special: KWVR by 77gazza, on Flickr

Edited now I've worked out how to post them properly!

Edited by gazza77, 18 December 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Please view my photos.

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,597 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

http://www.flickr.co...zza/8282434146/

That photo of Nutclough Woods illustrates how similar the Calder valley is to a South Wales valley.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,934 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Monthly Photo Competition Rules

Each monthly competition runs from the first day of the month to the last day of the month.

Entries must be taken and posted between those dates. A poll for the previous month will run concurrent for the first couple of weeks.

The winner of each monthly competition will chose the theme for the next but one month, i.e. March winner will select May's theme and so on.

People may post more than one photograph in the monthly thread, but only one can go into the poll.

A poll will be organised following the closing date with a brief period of time for people to make their selection if they have posted more than one photo. Voting will remain open for two weeks(ish).

If you post more than one photograph and do not nominate a photograph to go to the poll then your last posted photograph will go to the poll. Please try not to post photographs you do not intend to go to the poll, use the photography thread.

Photographs may have basic post processibg such as cropping, levels, contrast saturation etc. No montages, blending, HDR etc. In other words keep it simple.

It would be helpful if people only post one photograph in each reply to the topic as it makes it easier to identify photographs for the poll.

BORDERS, these need a quick discussion and decision.

Are all borders out or are simple frame borders allowed, what about artistic borders.

My opinion is a simple frame border should be allowed.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#17 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

i think there have been a few with borders over the last couple of years, probably mine was a bit over the top, but a simple edge border should be allowed.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#18 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,209 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Posted Image
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users