Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season ticket price comparison

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Though the season ticket is great value (whilst still not as good as Huddersfield) matchday prices which effect not just the casual fan, but the attraction of new and potentialy away fans, reamins (I believe) prohibitively high.

I raise this issue every year and so a long discussion is not needed, but if you could pass my comments onto the club I'd be grateful.

Depends on where you live as to whether a giants ticket is good value funkmaster. Take into account petrol, parking and the extortionate price of refreshments, and I doubt if it will be cheaper over all than the rams deal. Add to that the extra hours travelling time and the prospect of sitting in an empty soul less mausoleum with a bunch of chip shouldered, fairweather supporters, and it's no competition.

#22 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Funkmaster - you could always go to Cougar Park and pay £200.00 for a Season Ticket to sit in a leaky old Wooden Stand
and better still be scammed for £35.00 for the Childs Ticket.

Incidentally, why do you believe that the Matchday Prices are higher at the Rams than at other clubs?

#23 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Our nearest club Batley - £3 for children to sit
Our nearest Superleague club (Giants) Free for kids to sit.
Dewsbury Rams - £9 for a child to sit

Go to Batley on matchday and there are plenty of kids about, go to Huddersfield and you can barely move for them - Come to Dewsbury and they are largely absent apart from those with the dieharders.

Personally, If it was a Sunday morning and I was looking for something to do with my three kids that afternoon, and rugby sprang to mind - Tell me exactly why I should pay £27 for them at Dewsbury when Batley is less than a tenner and Huddersfield is free.

Imagine if you was a travelling fan and skint, and had to weigh up Dewsbury away or Batley for instance or just a casual fan looking for some sport. The fact is you don't have to be a genius to realise Dewsbury would probably not be your top choice. Like I said, we have this every year and there is no need for it again. The kids season ticket is an excellent move by the club, but charging a child £9 to sit down, and increasing their standing gate by £7 when an adult is increased by just £2 - is, in my opinion a bad move by the club and really, considering the local competition, a bit daft.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#24 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

But all of that works on the assumption that these people will insist their kids sit down. Take that out of the equation and we're probably the among cheapest around.

Hope the matchday prices don't keep you or your family away!

#25 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

But all of that works on the assumption that these people will insist their kids sit down. Take that out of the equation and we're probably the among cheapest around.

Hope the matchday prices don't keep you or your family away!

Absolutely, but the problem Tom, is that those that will require a seat, will likely be those with less of an interest in the game - A 6 year old for example. And so when it is already hassle taking a young kid, the price will tip the balance for some.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#26 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Does the junior season ticket cover the North stand?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#27 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Does the junior season ticket cover the North stand?

Yes.

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

So buy a junior season ticket funkmaster flex? only 25 pound plus he can take his kids to away games free then??

I do agree though, 9 quid for kids to sit is abit over the top and they isnt enough kids coming to rams games which they should be, as we dont want to lose dewsbury kids to SL clubs which may happen if they go watch another club and become hooked.. Once you know your team ,theys no changing!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 07 December 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Any body who takes there kids to the matches must be mad not to get a childs season ticket even if they are not going to go to away matches. As for the away team bringing the kids if they do they will probably be season ticket holders aswell. As you say the price is a bit steep for children but options are there to pay a lot less

#30 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Any body who takes there kids to the matches must be mad not to get a childs season ticket even if they are not going to go to away matches. As for the away team bringing the kids if they do they will probably be season ticket holders aswell. As you say the price is a bit steep for children but options are there to pay a lot less

I aqree, but £9 quid to sit down is hardly going to persuade the causual fan to come along and bring the kids. If its £2 for the kids in the south stand why not £4/ £5 to sit down?
As others have said we should be doing absolutely everyhting we can to get the young uns in. Afterall how many times a year are either stand likely to be full........?

#31 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Your season tickets are very cheap, Im suprised you can stay in business with those prices to be honest. As for Kids prices to sit down, In my experience kids never sit still anyway and prefer to stand, and if they get tired sit down on the terracing. So do not see an issue with the kids price for sitting down.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#32 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I aqree, but £9 quid to sit down is hardly going to persuade the causual fan to come along and bring the kids. If its £2 for the kids in the south stand why not £4/ £5 to sit down?
As others have said we should be doing absolutely everyhting we can to get the young uns in. Afterall how many times a year are either stand likely to be full........?

About time we considered the old 'uns more I reckon - flaming kids! Can't park at the supermarket because there are so many mother & baby, mother & toddler, mother & fat little idle sod spaces. Can't attract 'em to matches unless they have a free drum to bang. Need their own dedicated stand to sit down in.

Why, in my day you stood on the Long Stand throughout winter wi' no coat on watching 'me wrestle in't mud and you were grateful!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#33 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

About time we considered the old 'uns more I reckon - flaming kids! Can't park at the supermarket because there are so many mother & baby, mother & toddler, mother & fat little idle sod spaces. Can't attract 'em to matches unless they have a free drum to bang. Need their own dedicated stand to sit down in.

Why, in my day you stood on the Long Stand throughout winter wi' no coat on watching 'me wrestle in't mud and you were grateful!

Long stand ? you were lucky. We had to sit on a telegraph pole outside t'ground etc etc. Careful about having a go at the mother and rug rat spaces in carparks BSJ, you'll have one or two having a blast at disabled parking spaces - usually occupied by overweight but otherwise healthy individuals affecting a dodgy limp - not that I would like. :lol:

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Long stand ? you were lucky. We had to sit on a telegraph pole outside t'ground etc etc. Careful about having a go at the mother and rug rat spaces in carparks BSJ, you'll have one or two having a blast at disabled parking spaces - usually occupied by overweight but otherwise healthy individuals affecting a dodgy limp - not that I would like. :lol:

B) B) B)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Long stand ? you were lucky. We had to sit on a telegraph pole outside t'ground etc etc...

Telegraph pole? You lucky so-and-sos. We had to balance on t' telegraph wire baht safety net...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#36 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

15 quid in at Batley on Boxing Day. Still I suppose you have to pay for luxury.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#37 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

It's a shared gate so presumably Mark Sawyer agreed to it.

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

It's a shared gate so presumably Mark Sawyer agreed to it.

Maybe but my comments refer to those complaining about the cost of entry to Rams Stadium. I anticipate that £15 will be the regular price at the mount this next season.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Our nearest club Batley - £3 for children to sit
Our nearest Superleague club (Giants) Free for kids to sit.
Dewsbury Rams - £9 for a child to sit

Go to Batley on matchday and there are plenty of kids about, go to Huddersfield and you can barely move for them - Come to Dewsbury and they are largely absent apart from those with the dieharders.

Personally, If it was a Sunday morning and I was looking for something to do with my three kids that afternoon, and rugby sprang to mind - Tell me exactly why I should pay £27 for them at Dewsbury when Batley is less than a tenner and Huddersfield is free.

Imagine if you was a travelling fan and skint, and had to weigh up Dewsbury away or Batley for instance or just a casual fan looking for some sport. The fact is you don't have to be a genius to realise Dewsbury would probably not be your top choice. Like I said, we have this every year and there is no need for it again. The kids season ticket is an excellent move by the club, but charging a child £9 to sit down, and increasing their standing gate by £7 when an adult is increased by just £2 - is, in my opinion a bad move by the club and really, considering the local competition, a bit daft.

To be a touch nit picking if they stood at Huddersfield they would be ejected.

#40 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just to remind people that the less we charge for season tickets / admission, the less money Glen Morrison has for players.

And Huddersfield have a very wealthy benefactor and a lot more income.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users