Have we looked at this fund?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,800 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Application for round three of the Inspired Facilities grant was September 2012 with award in December 2012. Round four application has to be in for March 2013. There was no reason why we could not have applied for the grant in September and if failed applied again in March.

There is less money in the pot for round four and more applications expected.

The money Fev secured wan't from the Inspired Facilities Fund which is operated by Sport England lottery fund. The £150k they have received is from the RFL Facilities Trust which is a fund set up to help grassroots and other rugby league facilities be improved.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

can we not apply to the RFL for this facilities trust from them then ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,800 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

http://www.rflfacilitiestrust.co.uk

Worth an enquiry lee

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

http://www.rflfacilitiestrust.co.uk

Worth an enquiry lee

On the website it says they do loans too. Even a loan would help if it moves the timescale from next year to 2 or 3 years down the line giving more time to raise the money to fund the lights.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#25 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

On the website it says they do loans too. Even a loan would help if it moves the timescale from next year to 2 or 3 years down the line giving more time to raise the money to fund the lights.

I spoke to the RFL in early March 2012 about the Facilities Trust and met with the person responsible for this funding at Craven Park in late March 2012 to discuss the matter in detail. There was no money available then as it had all been allocated from what was in essence a small pot anyway. We must wait until early 2013 to see what money is allocated to the RFL via Sport England before we know whether or not the pot will be again available next year. At my recent meeting with the RFL I lodged an expression of interest regarding this fund for 2013 and have an application form made out and ready to submit.
Personally I believe that the Facilities Trust is possibly our best chance on the grant front as I can find no evidence of any professional club succeeding with an Inspired Funding Sport England Grant application - though as stated earlier we will still be going for it under guidance from the RFL.

I have no idea what percentage of grant applications (for any grant) are successful but one thing is for sure we cannot rely on getting one. The money must be raised from other sources if possible. If we get "too much" money (LOL) then the excess will hopefully help with other ground upgrades.

Posted Image

#26 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I want to see ALL board members that currently do not have a defined role or responsibility actively fundraising and not leaving it to the few who are engaged in other matters of club business. If we are to have 12 board members all with equal status then they need to be productive.

I hope now that Dave Sharp is Chairman the board will start to look at the club as a business being run in the 21st century and that they must look to modern business management practises. That is why we need clearly defined roles and responsibilities throughout the board and this cannot happen while you have the ability to have 12 directors of equal status. In all walks of life there are people who thrive on responsibility and accountability and these people on the board must lead the other members.

It is not the board that is the issue it’s the structure and make up of it!

#27 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

This above works for me, Come on BoDs Can we have an update on the floodlight fundraising please ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users