Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

All-Time favourite Player.

Second phase.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have tallied all the scores and taken the top ten plus ties which has left us with 14 players who gained most votes. It's now time to choose the winner which will be the player who gains most votes in this section.

Simple Rules.

1. Pick your favourite three from the list, that's three, trois, drei, one more than two.
Winner will be the one with most votes unless there is a tie. I'll sort that out if it comes to pass.

This is open to everyone, whether you picked your top ten or not and it's only for fun.

1.John Butler.
2. Ted Cahill.
3. Matt Calland.
4. Kel Coslett.
5. Henderson Gill.
6. Bobbie Goulding.
7. Alan Hodkinson.
8. Phil McKenzie.
9. Frank Myler.
10. Mark Nixon.
11. Malcolm Price.
12. Danny Sculthorpe.
13. Apesia Toga
14. John Woods.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Very difficult as all the players in the list were top performers but here goes -

Frank Myler
Ted Cahill
John Butler

#3 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

As Pedro says its very difficult, but after changeing my mind a couple of times here goes.

Frank Myler
Apesia Toga
Alan Hodgekinson
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

1. Matt Calland
2. Bobbie Goulding
3. Phil McKenzie

A bit more difficult when its whittled down....
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 The Collector

The Collector
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

An extremely difficult task after watching Hornets for 60 years, but here goes.

Malcolm Price

Apesia Toga

Frank Myler

#6 grantmc

grantmc
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Loved watching

Phil McKenzie

John Woods

Mark Nixon

#7 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

McKenzie
Nixon
Sculthorpe

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#8 sardisjocks

sardisjocks
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Phil McKenzie
Apesia Toga
John Woods
God's away on business - Tom Waits

#9 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Alan Hodkinson

Danny Sculthorpe

John Woods
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#10 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Quite surprised that Mike Kuiti did not feature on this short list.

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I've got an email answer in;

1. Coslett
2. Myler
3. Goulding

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

1 John Butler

2 Kel Coslett

3 Frank Myler

#13 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

1 - Mike Kuiti - his visit to Darnhill County Primary School introduced me to the sport
2 - Matt Calland - possibly the best and most consistent player to pull the shirt on
3 - Danny Sculthorpe - never a dull moment, Gareth Hock has more than a hint of D.Scully about him!

#14 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

1. Bobbie Goulding - Bobbie came to Hornets when we had nowt, players, coaches, money, nothing. He'd sneak onto local pitches with a bag of balls and hold a training session with a handful of players from, well whereever he could get them really! We got beat badly for a few weeks then Gouldings promptings came through and we kicked some ass. After being certs for relegation we saved it and the next season we took on relegated Castleford and Bobbie was intrumental in beating them at home with a penalty from half-way and a cheeky drop which the Cas fans laughed like drains at, until it became the deciding score, they stopped laughing then!!

2. Matt Calland - A local lad who always gave 100% whenever he pulled on a shirt of any colour. I always remember a game at Spotland against 'Haven. Haven were given a very dodgy-looking try which gave them the lead with time close to running out. There was a scrul and our fullback sprinted away and headed for thie l;ine, he looked like he'd make it at first but he was reeled in so he flicked the ball inside for who?? Yes, there was Mattto take the pass and score under the black dot. Game, set and match.

3. Alan Hodkinson - Alan was a great clubman, he played for us for years and even toured Australia once. The cheeky gits let Hodky do all tthe donkey-work against the club sides but never gave him a cap but he didn't moan about it. He eventually moved on to Barrow and I think he ended up with a Lancs Cup winners medal. Thanks for the memories.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.