• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10851410

I hope Tonga, Samoa and the Fijians are invited to this party. Numbers of teams and players has gone up in Fiji but our code is struggling in all three islands because it lacks international test matches or tournaments.
The PM of Samoa and Tonga declared a national holiday when their union team won international tests against Wales and Scotland and the same yesterday when Samoa won a sevens tournament in Dubai on sunday. Not much has happen since all three teams took part in the last RLWC and its a shame.

Edited by Pacific RL, 03 December 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,579 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

What I've read sofar about this tournament suggests it'll just be the Australian clubs, which is a bit of a wasted opportunity.

On the other hand, if it is a success, they could expand it. If they wanted to, that is.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I would love to see a nines circuit come out of this in the near future and only then can we dream of commonwealth games and the olympics.

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,579 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Of course, if international teams were allowed to take part, the Aussie clubs would probably complain that there were too many games, and pull out of the tournament...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

it should be a international team only event imo

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users