RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Has he or hasnt he?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Says on the Jam forum that Ewan Dowes is to sign for the Bulls in the next 24 hours, is this a wind up or is there any truth in it? anyone know.

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

hes already signed for you guys tho so how can he ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

If the Jam say it, it must be true!

#4 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

hes already signed for you guys tho so how can he ?

If its being said on the haven site then its probably right,losing a player of ewans capabilities is a big blow for workington town,but,i have everyfaith in the board to come up with another prop forward to replace ewan.At town we do have theoption to replace ewan with an overseas prop forward an there are plenty of PNGs props to look at,also the fiji's with big jimmy could provide a first class prop and of course the NZs and of course the aussies,so if whe have lost ewan then we should ask for a transfer fee for him and a good one to make it worthwile to the club.I have no doubt at this moment the club will be looking around to find ewans replacement if it is at all true.
Posted Image

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

if he has already signed for you you will be due a transfer fee. However I think this could just be a wind up ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,450 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Now who does Recre Faithful sound like, errrrr, lets have a think errrrrr? Saturday's News and Star had an article in saying that Dowes was signed for 2 years and the player himself was saying how he is enjoying it at Town. There's nothing on any Bulls forums, FB or Twitter so until I hear it from our own club I would take it with a pinch of salt.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Absolutely . He's come home and we fitted nicely into his plans and life .

#8 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

http://forums.rlfans...tsmp=1354552963

http://www.thesun.co...-of-London.html

if you read these two links you coud put 2 and 2 together and get 4 and it could be true

but i very much doubt it,think now he has made the move to part time then i think bradford would have to offer mega bucks and at least a couple of years contract to make him even reconsider,but as they say stranger things happen

Edited by haven4ever, 03 December 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,450 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I had read the rlfans forum haven4ever and nowhere in there did it mention Dowes. Nosey Parker in the Sun is known to be often well off the mark ( I think he gets fed stuff from someone at Whitehaven) but he prints things without checking up first. Bradford in this mornings RL Express (or League Weekly) were saying they have got Nick Scruton back from injury and hoping to have one or two others back. So, let's wait and see!!!

Mind you, if true, why would they want Dowes when Haven have 2 international props coming to the Rec, haven't they? ;) ;)

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Dave "Nosey" Parker talks ######!

#11 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Now who does Recre Faithful sound like, errrrr, lets have a think errrrrr? Saturday's News and Star had an article in saying that Dowes was signed for 2 years and the player himself was saying how he is enjoying it at Town. There's nothing on any Bulls forums, FB or Twitter so until I hear it from our own club I would take it with a pinch of salt.

I think we know who you mean keith,it's his hatred of town that gives him away,but saying that i never had a problem with him we just both said what we haf to say and that was that,i certainly miss the cbg moniker but recre faithful doesn't have enough venom like choccy did unless the old age has set in haha.
Posted Image

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

i think if bradford were looking for a prop from the championship and were looking at towns players then surely they would pick thacks. hes yorkshire based and was easily the best prop forward in champ 1 last year. lets just hope its the usual bs coming from haven. if ewan trains with town tomorrow we can all rest easy.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#13 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

I had read the rlfans forum haven4ever and nowhere in there did it mention Dowes. Nosey Parker in the Sun is known to be often well off the mark ( I think he gets fed stuff from someone at Whitehaven) but he prints things without checking up first. Bradford in this mornings RL Express (or League Weekly) were saying they have got Nick Scruton back from injury and hoping to have one or two others back. So, let's wait and see!!!

Mind you, if true, why would they want Dowes when Haven have 2 international props coming to the Rec, haven't they? ;) ;)

cant resist having a go can you keith,never said it mentions dowes but it does say they are short on props and yes we do have 2 png international props. As for it being haven BS, dont think haven fans put it in the sun which is where the story was from

Edited by haven4ever, 03 December 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#14 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Have these 2 png props haven have signed got there visa,s yet best wait and see???????

#15 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

just spoken to a bradford journalist. he'd already asked francis cummins and there's no truth in the dowes rumours.

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,450 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

cant resist having a go can you keith,never said it mentions dowes but it does say they are short on props and yes we do have 2 png international props. As for it being haven BS, dont think haven fans put it in the sun which is where the story was from

As opposed to you and several others being all sweetness and light towards Town!!!!! Where does it say in the Sun that the Bulls are hoping to announce signing him in the next 24 - 48 hours??? That's what it says on the Haven forum. Is that not someone having a go at Town as it's followed by about 20 smileys. (37 actually)

Edited by Keith T, 03 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#17 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Bradford Telegraph & Argus stated on Saturday December 1st 2012 – …..The Bulls coach also remains on the look-out for at least one more prop, although former Leeds and Hull man Ewan Dowes is not on his radar. Cummins said: “There are conversations about other players as you go along, that’s just how it is.”

#18 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

up the town!! down with shoddy choddy jam tarts

#19 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

You are the one putting links on here putting two and two together to try and stir things up and you don't like it because Keith can see through it. Looks like its false so you'll have to try summat else - I know what about the IS game?!!?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#20 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think we know who you mean keith,it's his hatred of town that gives him away,but saying that i never had a problem with him we just both said what we haf to say and that was that,i certainly miss the cbg moniker but recre faithful doesn't have enough venom like choccy did unless the old age has set in haha.

Since good old Choccy got banned it's noticeable recrefaithful has become more vitriolic against Town.
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users