Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rejoice...The nation is preggers....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Well thats the news sorted for a day or two...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20586343
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

...and the Daily Express sorted for a lot longer. ;)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Is it a reincarnation of Diana?

LUNEW.jpg

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

FFS, My daughter was told 8 weeks ago she was 8 weeks preggers just 3 days after chalking up her 4th victory out of 4 Mauy Thai fights, she has carried on training (against my wishes) but cut out the contact, she will be arriving back home tomorrow after 3 weeks in Thailand where she and her husband have been visiting Thai fight gyms.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Is it a reincarnation of Diana?

Assuming the Wail haven't corrected their typo yet, she is, apparently, the Cambridge of Cambridge (see photo caption).

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Guess what? The Daily Express had as its front page headline today that insurance premiums were going to soar due to the floods! :rolleyes:

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,933 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

FFS, My daughter was told 8 weeks ago she was 8 weeks preggers just 3 days after chalking up her 4th victory out of 4 Mauy Thai fights, she has carried on training (against my wishes) but cut out the contact, she will be arriving back home tomorrow after 3 weeks in Thailand where she and her husband have been visiting Thai fight gyms.

Congratulations.

#8 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

A day or two?

I admire your optimism.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#9 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

No prizes for guessing the subject on every front page this morning.

The Wail just pips it for the most vomiting inducing headline.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#10 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Nine more months of this excructating s_h_i_t_e.

[shakes fist]Never mind hammering Starbucks, Google and Amazon, when did this bunch of freeloaders ever pay any tax?[/shakes fist]

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#11 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

indeed. One more unemployed mum popping a sprog to be supported by the state.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#12 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

:) :) :)

#13 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,920 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

indeed. One more unemployed mum popping a sprog to be supported by the state.

dead right
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#14 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

To be honest, I don't know whether I am just getting old or whatever but I can't seriously wish them any ill. So they are royals....so what, just ignore it (like I do) if it bothers you. I actually found out about it on here and I've read most of the stuff about it here. There's a lot more in the world that deserves people getting angry about.

So not quite 'gawd bless 'em' ...more 'yeah ok'.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#15 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hopefully the nation will have grown up before it does and it will never be a monarch.

LUNEW.jpg

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,586 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm with Johnoco on this ... a republican who wishes them well. The trouble is that the hysteria will play on them during what already looks like a difficult pregnancy.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#17 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Torygraf Headline reckons Kate's morning sickness is so bad because it may be a "Multiple Birth", it's a good job they sorted out this stuff about females automatically being first in line if born first, that could cause some problems if one had been a boy & the other a girl, I can almost imagine them now both fighting for the exit, only to come out of the sunroof. :lol:
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#18 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I'm with Johnoco on this ... a republican who wishes them well. The trouble is that the hysteria will play on them during what already looks like a difficult pregnancy.

The problem is they've clearly had to announce the pregnancy now because our free and unregulated press would otherwise just go into rumour overdrive.

On a personal level I have no axe to grind. On a political one I hope the child never becomes Head of State.

Unless we vote for the ######.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

There are some Royals I'm okay with, some less so. William seems okay, and he's doing a worthwhile job in Air Sea Rescue, unlike, for instance Andrew, who sees helicopters as merely the quickest form of transport between golf clubs.

#20 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well sorry to go against the grain here but as a Father of two, I wish them nothing but happiness. Like it or not, it IS big news and one that is actually a nice news story at the end of what has been a fabulous year all round.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users