RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Southern Independence Party

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,392 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

If you are living in one of the nicest villages in the home counties in commuting distance of London then you must be loaded

I can see why you'd think that but in all honesty, no, not loaded at all.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#22 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,645 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

When I go back north and go shopping in Rochdale, I have to confess I do not suddenly think 'wow, I should move back, the quality of life looks amazing'. I'm usually trying to avoid the gangs of tracksuit wearing youths and the general feeling of depression.

To be fair, Rochdale is a depressing s**thole.

I must admit to not have spent much time in the southeast but when I have been I did find the people a little rude and unfriendly.
Fides invicta triumphat

#23 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,693 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I go to the South quite a lot. Not the South East - the South. It seems ok. Salisbury is a very pretty town. We fed the ducks at Wilton the other week with my grandaughter it was great, but then you can do that in Wakefield park. But the only place I've ever seen a lass bearing her ###### in a pub in public and another lass taking a picture was in Southern England. I've never seen anything like that in a pub in Yorkshire.

Edited by Trojan, 03 December 2012 - 11:10 PM.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#24 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

When I go back north and go shopping in Rochdale, I have to confess I do not suddenly think 'wow, I should move back, the quality of life looks amazing'. I'm usually trying to avoid the gangs of tracksuit wearing youths and the general feeling of depression.

Oi....Oldham's no better :D
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#25 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I must admit to not have spent much time in the southeast but when I have been I did find the people a little rude and unfriendly.

Flippn' 'eck we are getting it from all sides - where is Methven Hornet when you need him.

Oh yes, Scotland.

#26 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Heywood, Middleton, Rochdale, Oldham.... all as bad as each other.

Bury ain't to bad...
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#27 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Bury ain't to bad...

Hey! Don't start on Heywood and Middleton! :angry:
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#28 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

I was just thinking that!

#29 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Flippn' 'eck we are getting it from all sides - where is Methven Hornet when you need him.

Oh yes, Scotland.

Yes, they are talking about the town I love (loved it so much I now live in Scotland!)

#30 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,645 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Bury ain't to bad...

Middleton is alright, only because its on my cycling route to Saddleworth moor :D.
Fides invicta triumphat

#31 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I go to the South quite a lot. Not the South East - the South. It seems ok. Salisbury is a very pretty town. We fed the ducks at Wilton the other week with my grandaughter it was great, but then you can do that in Wakefield park. But the only place I've ever seen a lass bearing her ###### in a pub in public and another lass taking a picture was in Southern England. I've never seen anything like that in a pub in Yorkshire.

Well the only group of 'women' (and I mean group, not 1or 2 individuals) to squat and ###### together in full view of kids we had in our party at the side of a coach they had just got off were from Bradford. This scene was at the GF a few years ago.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#32 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Well the only group of 'women' (and I mean group, not 1or 2 individuals) to squat and ###### together in full view of kids we had in our party at the side of a coach they had just got off were from Bradford. This scene was at the GF a few years ago.

Ah, you've met the wife then?

#33 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

TBF, I live in leafy Littleborough and hardly ever go into Rochdale.

But when the sea levels rise and the South is an uninhabitable swampland, Rochdale and Oldham will be prime real estate. And I'm for pulling up the drawbridge.

We had a client visit about 18 months ago who told us that, up to that point, the furthest North she'd ever been was 'Oxford once'.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#34 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

It's character building.

Ever been to Luton? Stevenage? Just the same.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!

#35 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

PS Kelvin McKenzie is a t_w_a_t.

Posted Image

#36 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

There's nice places and dumps all over the country and its ridiculous to pretend otherwise.

#37 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,392 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Newcastle, dear boy ...
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#38 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,693 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

TBF, I live in leafy Littleborough and hardly ever go into Rochdale.

But when the sea levels rise and the South is an uninhabitable swampland, Rochdale and Oldham will be prime real estate. And I'm for pulling up the drawbridge.

We had a client visit about 18 months ago who told us that, up to that point, the furthest North she'd ever been was 'Oxford once'.

Unlucky you. Another couple of miles up the road and you'd be in Yorkshire ;)
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#39 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Middleton is alright, only because its on my cycling route to Saddleworth moor :D.

Ride fast. Ride very fast.

#40 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,645 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

It's character building.

Ever been to Luton? Stevenage? Just the same.

Yeah, the missus is from Letchworth. For some reason, the towns around that part of the country just seem to have nothing going for them.

Back to McKenzie's opinion piece. His main argument is that the south east are carrying the rest of the country. That might have something to do with the fact that rest of the country was sacrificed so the south east could flourish. :rolleyes:

Edited by Severus, 04 December 2012 - 09:14 AM.

Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users