TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The Southern Independence Party

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#101 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I had to travel to London in the mid-eighties to collect a replacement car- mine was badly damaged. (I have been there since <_< ) A number of people boarded the train at Doncaster, and clearly from their conversation they travelled together on this train every day. They commuted regularly from Doncaster to London for work. Presumably property was/ is still miles cheaper in Doncaster than in and around London. The train only takes 90 minutes from Doncaster to Kings Cross. So I suppose compared to travel times from "the Home Counties" it made/makes sense. What I wondered was is it still the case today or has the escalation in rail fares made it no longer an economical proposition?

Back in the early 2000's I regularly travelled from York to London on the train for meetings - maybe twice a week - there was a hardcore of about 20 who were on the 7 o'clock train everytime I travelled on it.

LUNEW.jpg