Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Friendleys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

And here's the official confirmation: "Barrow Raiders will play fellow Championship side Keighley Cougars on Sunday 6th January, 2013 at Craven Park (2pm Kick Off) in what will be the first of three pre-season warm up matches.
The Keighley game will be followed by further games already announced - against Great Britain BARLA on the 13th January (2pm Kick Off) and another Championship side Whitehaven on 20th January (also 2pm Kick Off).

These three fixtures will give supporters the ideal opportunity to see the new squad in action against tough opposition ahead of the first competitive match of the campaign which is away at Hunslet on 3rd February (3pm Kick Off). It will also give Head Coach Darren Holt (and his coaching team of Phil Atkinson and Dean Marwood) the chance to see how his new look squad are gelling together following the introduction of several new faces during the off-season."

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

brilliant news cant wait now

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Its very unlikely but, if barrow soccer got through and the game managed too get on tv could there a clash? Tv companies tend to put at least one maybe two non league sides on in the third round. There also isn't many 'big' games in the third round. But its still a possibility.

#4 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Its very unlikely but, if barrow soccer got through and the game managed too get on tv could there a clash? Tv companies tend to put at least one maybe two non league sides on in the third round. There also isn't many 'big' games in the third round. But its still a possibility.

There is more chance of Barrow v Keighley being shown live than Barrow v Cardiff. There are at least another twelve matches more appealing for tv I think.

Edited by Keith Nutter, 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

There is more chance of Barrow v Keighley being shown live than Barrow v Cardiff. There are at least another twelve matches more appealing for tv I think.

Didn't itv put forest green v derby on 3 seasons ago? That's a similar game to barrows. I can think of swansea arsenal and west ham united and lincoln/mansfield v liverpool but that's it for more appealing. A lot of the emphasis of the third round is the non league ties, it is a possibility to keep in mind.

#6 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Didn't itv put forest green v derby on 3 seasons ago? That's a similar game to barrows. I can think of swansea arsenal and west ham united and lincoln/mansfield v liverpool but that's it for more appealing. A lot of the emphasis of the third round is the non league ties, it is a possibility to keep in mind.

Maybe BRK but i honestly don't think so - there is one certainty for tv which you haven't mentioned and that is Brighton v Newcastle - a repeat of last year's fourth round which Brighton won!!

I listened to talk sport for four hours on Monday morning whilst driving to work and although they covered the draw at length they never mentioned Cardiff once which to me says it all.

Posted Image

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

barrow v cardiff live...................................... more chance of us having new floodlights by the time the game is played on that weekend

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users