Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford Trouble/Salford Takeover

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#41 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

You also raise the silly old chestnut of telling us a club who is not under pressure to compete in the lower division making a few grand on a small turnover is "well managed" and those badly stretched to compete, and pushed to compete against the biggest clubs in Britain are "badly managed".

Which club is not under pressure to compete?

#42 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Do you have anymore relevant news please RJW?

#43 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

This whole thread has become silly, ill-informed nonsense.

You have the key.......Unlock it!!

#44 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Which club is not under pressure to compete?

SL clubs who are supposed to provide a competitive league through all paying the full cap.

#45 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

SL clubs who are supposed to provide a competitive league through all paying the full cap.

So you are saying clubs in the CC arent under pressure to compete?

#46 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

So you are saying clubs in the CC arent under pressure to compete?

I would say the CC clubs are more under pressure than the SL clubs because the SL doesn't have relegation and we all know the oblivion you drop into if you get relegated from champ 1

#47 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I would say the CC clubs are more under pressure than the SL clubs because the SL doesn't have relegation and we all know the oblivion you drop into if you get relegated from champ 1

That's a great post Gaz. Your right in a way. However to avoid failing in CC you need £300K for wages, to avoid collapse in SL you need £1.6M for wages..

Roughly over 5 times the financial pressure........

#48 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

That's a great post Gaz. Your right in a way. However to avoid failing in CC you need £300K for wages, to avoid collapse in SL you need £1.6M for wages..

Roughly over 5 times the financial pressure........

I agree parksider but how many SL clubs actually pay the full salary cap except your big teams. Also when relegation comes in for the one season a lot of the so called small clubs go into a panic of frenzy of paying silly wages.

#49 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

You also raise the silly old chestnut of telling us a club who is not under pressure to compete in the lower division making a few grand on a small turnover is "well managed" and those badly stretched to compete, and pushed to compete against the biggest clubs in Britain are "badly managed".

So which CLUB in the CC, were you referring to that isnt under pressure to compete?

#50 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

This whole thread has become silly, ill-informed nonsense.

Don't forget the misinformation, rumour, half-truths and innuendo.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#51 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

You would assume that both clubs would walk away at that stage, the arrangement now being of little value to either side

Actually, I would hope that the two clubs stick together and find a way to prosper through cooperation. But then, I am a naïve idealist.

#52 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

You will be made very welcome at Huntington Stadium.

Huntington Stadium? I was hoping to bump into you at Clarence Street :o . Nostalgia does provide a warm glow, doesn't it? And in this weather, I'll take any warmth I can get!

See you at Huntington, then. :)

#53 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Don't forget the misinformation, rumour, half-truths and innuendo.

What's the facts then Tone?

#54 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

What's the facts then Tone?

What makes you think I have any facts? I haven't said that I have. I haven't said anything except to respond in a light-hearted way (it was certainly intended so) to a poster who claimed to have inside knowledge that he was unable to share in one post, but later decried the fact that the thread had become "silly, ill-informed nonsense".

If I had facts that I could share, I would share them. Otherwise I would keep quiet, as you may have noticed. :)

#55 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

What makes you think I have any facts? I haven't said that I have. I haven't said anything except to respond in a light-hearted way (it was certainly intended so) to a poster who claimed to have inside knowledge that he was unable to share in one post, but later decried the fact that the thread had become "silly, ill-informed nonsense".

If I had facts that I could share, I would share them. Otherwise I would keep quiet, as you may have noticed. :)

It's OK you can PM me them :D

#56 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

It's OK you can PM me them :D

Top secret, your eyes only PM already sent.

What do you mean, you can't see it? Tch! You can't trust anyone these days. ;)

#57 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think Tuesdays Council Meeting will decide whether we will have a club to support.

The alternatives are either to Liquidate when all will be lost or continue with Salford Council & Peel as partners under a new regime. So lets hope the Council can win the vote.

#58 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I think Tuesdays Council Meeting will decide whether we will have a club to support.

The alternatives are either to Liquidate when all will be lost or continue with Salford Council & Peel as partners under a new regime. So lets hope the Council can win the vote.

I can't see how either of those alternatives could be viewed in a positive light. The first means the end of Salford City Reds as we know them. The second would likely see the Council taking on more debt, which cannot possibly meet with the approval of the citizens of Salford. An impossible dilemma.

#59 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yes its a mess isnt it?

#60 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,886 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

So which CLUB in the CC, were you referring to that isnt under pressure to compete?

All of them. They don't have a SKY contract to fulfill and a salary cap they are expected to reach as one of the elite..

They can drift along on whatever budget suits.

Some have done this for decades.

Why do you need to ask this stuff?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users