Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

DP's dilemma

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 roosterbooster

roosterbooster
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Having recently purchased 'Rugby League Live 2' game for the xbox and updated the Fev team with our signings, I realise that DP has an absolute nightmare when he has to pick his team. We have so much cover across the park.

This would be my 1st team starting line up:

1. Hardman
2. Hodson
3. Smeaton
4. Worthington
5. Saxton
6. Briggs
7. Finn
8. James
9. Kaye ©
10. Crossley
11. Spears
12. Bryan
13. Hepworth

14. England
15. Haley
16. Ellis
17. Dale

That for me looks like a quality side. Bear in mind some of the players that are missing:
Kain; Lockwood; Bussey.

Darryl is going to have his work cut out keeping everyone happy...

Edited by roosterbooster, 04 December 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#2 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I,m sure injuries and loss of form will make it a little easier for Powel UP THE ROVERS.
WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#3 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

It is going to be hard because you've dropped Kain, but for most people, Kain should be at 6 every week.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 05 December 2012 - 08:56 AM.

Cummins Out.

#4 roosterbooster

roosterbooster
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Exactly!

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Kain a stand off and Briggs a loose forward for me

#6 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

you cant leave ellis out he's class we were a diffrent team when he played last year

#7 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Don't forget Ben Hellewell. Daniel Lidbury & Joe Fox, as well.

Is Bostock definitely signed up? I haven't seen confirmation.

I know Haley was supposed to be signing, has he done so yet?

What about Nathan Chappel, he seems to be in limbo.

Exciting times for sure.... roll on the new season, I cann't wait.

#8 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Don't forget Ben Hellewell. Daniel Lidbury & Joe Fox, as well.

Is Bostock definitely signed up? I haven't seen confirmation.

I know Haley was supposed to be signing, has he done so yet?

What about Nathan Chappel, he seems to be in limbo.

Exciting times for sure.... roll on the new season, I cann't wait.

Haley as just broke his foot,last week
Im Fev and im proud

#9 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

It's Daryl's own fault if it's a difficult job, he agreed to sign them all. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Kain as got to play for me as he was our best player last season I think. Don't know if he should play hooker or stand off but he should definatley be in the team for me. Maybe drop Kaye and play Ellis and kain on the bench but to be honest it's a good position to be in. We haven't looked this strong squad wise in a very long time. I'm a lot more confident this season than I was last season so hopefully the team will prove me right.

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

for my money it's ellis at 9 kain at 6 and heppy at 13, but DP can play horses for courses with the squad he's got this season.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

you cant leave ellis out he's class we were a diffrent team when he played last year

Ellis was terrific, but we were a different team defensively when Ben Kaye didn't play last year, too. The two games he missed (bar the opening 13 minutes of one) were the ones at home against Fax and Sheffield where we conceded 60 both times. Kaye to start and Ellis off the bench for me.

#13 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

That for me looks like a quality side. Bear in mind some of the players that are missing:
Kain; Lockwood; Bussey.

Darryl is going to have his work cut out keeping everyone happy...

"you might be Championship Player Of the Year Kainy but that doesn't cut it here you know". Most of our rivals in the division would be very glad if DP shared your view on this one.

#14 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Maybe he is going to have a wet and dry team :rolleyes:

#15 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Any chance of a picture of Fev kit from the game being uploaded?

Cummins Out.

#16 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

for my money it's ellis at 9 kain at 6 and heppy at 13, but DP can play horses for courses with the squad he's got this season.

"BINGO"
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#17 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

While we're picking our fanstasy XIII I think it's worth remembering that Smeaton will be out for some time, Spears has said he won't make the start, and if that's right about Mick Haley, then he won't either.

FWIW, I think DP will go with Hepworth at centre to start the year covering Sam, Kain & Finn halves obviously at 6 & 7, Kaye & Ellis sharing AHB in 9 and 14. Dale & Bryan second row with Briggs at LF. Starting props England & Crossley. James & Lockwood off the bench.

A Fev Blog

#18 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Very good point MLP, so in the space of 17 posts we have gone from having too many good players to being on the skinny side!

I am delighted with the quality of players that we have BUT I have a nagging fear the one area we might be light is at prop. It is fantastic to have the team that we have but if our front row are out muscled then we will struggle to compete, a great example was against Halifax in the NRC Final last year.

Presumably DP thought we needed the prop cover we had so if Mick Haley is out for a considerable time & misses the whole of pre-season training do we need to strengthen at prop?

Over the last couple of years it seems that we have had to bring in props on loans more than any other position, mid season.

I may be wrong but I thought Haley was in two minds about continuing to play this year after his terrible run of bad luck with injuries so there is at least a possibility this may mean he doesn't return.

I like Lockwood a lot as a second row but I don't think he is a prop.

Keith Mason doesn't seem to have any takers, is he worth a punt on a pay as you play?

Edited by exiled rover, 05 December 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#19 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Agree about Lockwood he is a second rower but don't forget bostock we can use him at prop Use Kaye and Ellis as hookers they are two different style of player but both excellent In The way they play if you want to be good you need a good squad of players and it looks like we got that

#20 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Regarding props, did anyone see the bit of recent banter between Steve Crossley and Matt James on Twitter? Crossley put on his Twitter feed he would be returning to Dewsbury with Fev for their first home game, James replied asking him if he'd already picked himself ...all good humoured but did highlight that there is going to be competition for jerseys even at prop, those two and England as well as Haley when he's fit will all be hoping to start and Lockwood and Bostock (even though its perhaps not their natural position) might see prop as being their best route into the 17; not to mention the very promising lads from the U23s too who could get a look-in at some stage.