- - - - -

ARLC Chairman under fire by big guns

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,752 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

There's trouble at t'mill. There's been growing unrest among the NRL clubs about the way John Grant, ARLC Chairman, has been running the game in this his and the commision's first year.
There's been a rumbling that's gathered pace in ther last week or two. People like Phil Gould have been attacking the games leadership.
So the chairmen of the 16 NRL clubs are meeting next Monday.
Will they want to/be able to get rid of Grant?
The ARLC have come up with a massive TV deal that impressed hugely. Is that enough to save his bacon?

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,752 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Read about it here

especially this bit:

The obvious lack of confidence follows one of the most eventful off-seasons in the game's history: the failure to secure Israel Folau, the player strike threat, still no salary cap or collective bargaining agreement, the loss of sponsors Telstra, Toyota, Bundaberg Rum and Harvey Norman, no radio deal, the rep players' eligibility farce, the draw furore and the appointment of a CEO who knows nothing about league.

Edited by G Las D, 04 December 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#3 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

The ARLC is clueless and has upset a host of people including the Indigenous legends http://www.foxsports...u-1226529657842 and the players have demanded to talk to Grant about things as they too have had enough http://www.foxsports...6-1226527925136 Employing a guy as CEO who has no idea who is even captain of the Kangeroos or even know what the likes of Cam Smith, Greg Inglis etc and giving him doube what Gallop was on is crazy. FOr me normally a guy would get to know about the game and atleast know the faces of the stars of the game even before getting the job.
With the farce still surrounding what the Salary cap will actually be for 2013 and many critical of the new logos and still no news on the radio deal, the banning of shoulder charges with no real clarification of what is/isnt allowed etc the ARLC alongside Grant are on borrowed time for me. Not just Grant should go but the whole lot of the ARLC. Once again poor administration and politics damages our game

#4 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

I'm afraid its all going to end in tears. To slow in appointing the new CEO. No expansion, a huge mistake in my book. A huge TV deal, but the problem now is the top players want most of the extra money for themselves, leaving little extra for junior development and the everyday club players.

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Wasn't the TV deal rumbling along before the ARLC anyway?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,752 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Tigers' Chairman Dave Trodden has come out with a more media shaped quote than was reported yesterday - when some people seemed to be shooting from the hip.

Club Council's Trodden denies that there's a fallout with Grant,

Club Council deny lobbying against Grant

Obviously a more typical media shaped statement that aims to calm the situation/papers over the cracks.

#7 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

When i think of John Grant and the ARLC i think of the saying ""Nero fiddled why Rome burnt"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users