Wakefield get planning permission

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

You need to have the full s106 agreement to fully understand when it kicks in. Until a few years ago they were sorted out at the end of a development, nowadays they usually become due when the first spade hits the ground

That was my understanding, so that's why I asked the questions.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#62 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Indeed. It is a bit odd to worry about whether the site has always been in Wakey or not. It is now.

Similarly Headingley probably hasn't always been part of Leeds (if you go back far enough) but it will have been when the stadium was built.

I'm sure when Headingley was not part of Leeds it was before the sport of rugby was created
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#63 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,228 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm sure when Headingley was not part of Leeds it was before the sport of rugby was created

Rugby came to Leeds at Woodhouse Moor. Headingley was just up the road.

Leeds St.Johns were based in the centre of Leeds but had to go a short distance up the valley to Cardigan field to play

Headingley was equally just up the road.

#64 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Rugby came to Leeds at Woodhouse Moor. Headingley was just up the road.

Leeds St.Johns were based in the centre of Leeds but had to go a short distance up the valley to Cardigan field to play

Headingley was equally just up the road.

Correct.I think they had there first meeting of players interested on Woodhouse moor about 6.30 AM before work
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#65 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

FROM THE SECRETARY OF STATES OFFICIAL REPORT

Stadium:
• 12,000 capacity with 7,000 seats and 5,000 standing
• 17 boxes
• Restaurant for 400
• 800 space car park with potential for park and ride facility • 28 coach parking spaces
• 644 cycle parking spaces
• 250 motor cycle parking spaces

• West stand with a seated capacity for 3,500 covered spectators,
• East stand with a seated capacity for 3,500 covered spectators
• North stand with a standing capacity of 2,500 covered spectators
• South stand with a standing capacity of 2,500 covered spectators

1.14 The West stand would accommodate hospitality accommodation areas for use on match days and would be used for corporate and private use on non match days. The West stand would also incorporate club administration and office areas, and players and officials' facilities. The height of the West stand would be approximately 14.5m at the rear and 17.6m at pitch side.

1.15 The 3 other single tier stands, of similar height on the North, South and East sides of the stadium would also provide general spectator seating and standing terraces, together with a circulation concourse, toilet and refreshment facilities and first aid facilities. All standing terrace areas would have the potential of being converted to seating areas in the future. Disabled car parking would be provided within 50m of the designated entrance

Edited by OMEGA, 11 December 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#66 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Also from the report:

Description of the land:
The application site is a combination of arable farming defined by hedgerows and hedgerow trees and former colliery including man made landform; naturally regenerated rough grassland and plantation woodland. The former colliery land (over 28 hectares) has been remediated but contains weeds, shales, stones and areas of bare ground; in places tipping is evident. Landscape features such as watercourses, woodland, hedgerows and trees are frequent and within the wider landscape integrate the man made landform with the surrounding wooded farmland. The M62 is within a cutting along part of its route but where it comes out of the cutting is a prominent and urbanising feature within the landscape. The site is on rising land within a broad river valley. A high voltage overhead power line runs east – west across the site.

#67 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,228 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Also from the report:

Description of the land:
The application site is a combination of arable farming defined by hedgerows and hedgerow trees and former colliery including man made landform; naturally regenerated rough grassland and plantation woodland. The former colliery land (over 28 hectares) has been remediated but contains weeds, shales, stones and areas of bare ground; in places tipping is evident. Landscape features such as watercourses, woodland, hedgerows and trees are frequent and within the wider landscape integrate the man made landform with the surrounding wooded farmland. The M62 is within a cutting along part of its route but where it comes out of the cutting is a prominent and urbanising feature within the landscape. The site is on rising land within a broad river valley. A high voltage overhead power line runs east – west across the site.

That's spot on because I went to the site early this year.

You can't grow anything on it and the grass is unsuitable for grazing.

The colliery has been knocked down, but the land is still poor and still contains concrete rafts and train lines in part.

Green belt it is not in any way.

It will be a wonderful facility to benefit the majority......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users