Form filling in

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

With all the changes that are happening do you think there is any mileage in offering to help people fill forms in? I understand that there are loads of benefits being missed by older people because they don't understand the forms or the questions asked. It is just a thought but if Rovers offered me a room I would gladly give a night a week for a few hours helping people for free. I am not sure if I should restrict it to ticket holders only, but I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

With all the changes that are happening do you think there is any mileage in offering to help people fill forms in? I understand that there are loads of benefits being missed by older people because they don't understand the forms or the questions asked. It is just a thought but if Rovers offered me a room I would gladly give a night a week for a few hours helping people for free. I am not sure if I should restrict it to ticket holders only, but I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

That's a nice gesture col. I think it would be a good idea for the older end like you say. Don't know whether their would be a lot of people attending it though. Also if the rovers did let you set it up. I'm sure they would make profit from it I.e bar sales and maybe a small fee. But it just depends if enough would be interested especially in this weather and with the dark nights for the older folk.

#3 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

this already available at C.A.B. Colin. not sure if age concern don't do it also.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I know OR of these establishments. So why are so many people missing out? Not only filling in forms I could give advice on various other matters that I have covered over the years:-.
CV's, speech making, interviews (without 'y'know'), interpretation of English Lit, stage acting techniques and production, finance including wills and Power of Attorney and interpretation of balance sheets and cash flow advice for people going into business, Grant of Probate etc.
Just trying to be helpful. See you Col.

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

blimey, Colin the oracle. good man. i've put you down in my little black book
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

blimey, Colin the oracle. good man. i've put you down in my little black book

I could also come down the muckstacks on a bit of bratishing. Knew the password to get into Featherstone Square to go to the baths and how to roll down the Hilly Fields up Gashouse Lane. Was very good at dufftins and kick out can. Not boasting like. All this with a patch on me britches a,

#7 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I could also come down the muckstacks on a bit of bratishing. Knew the password to get into Featherstone Square to go to the baths and how to roll down the Hilly Fields up Gashouse Lane. Was very good at dufftins and kick out can. Not boasting like. All this with a patch on me britches a,

Colin you've forgotten to add joke telling to your CV
Im Fev and im proud

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Colin you've forgotten to add joke telling to your CV

Thanks Mo
Here's one for you
A fisherman around my age was fishing when he heard a voice.
'Hello' He looked around and heard the voice again 'Hello'
Looking down he saw a frog.
'Kiss me ' the frog said and I will turn into the most beautiful woman you will ever see and I will be yours.'
The fisherman thought for a while and then bent down and picked up the frog and put it in his pocket
;'Are you mad' the frog screamed. 'Kiss me and have a beautiful maiden.'
'No way' the fisherman replied 'At my age I prefer a talking frog.'

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

It was as I said just a suggestion. Nothing in it for me. If any of you guys wants any help at any time within my expertise please just send me a PM and I will give what help I can. Might save you a bob or two of solicitors, accountants and management fees. Cheers.

#10 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

top man Col
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users