- - - - -

Planning

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Building at Boundary Park, but not Whitebank.

#2 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi S10C

Believe this is planning permission to build a new Kidney Dialysis unit and is part of the Pennine Acute Trust and not Oldham Athletic - but I may be wrong.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#3 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm sure it will be discussed in January and that's only 3 months later than the date we were last given.

#4 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yes I am sure it is. On some of the land sold by Latics.

#5 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Oldham R.L.F.C. 's Future has been 16 years now in the Planning .......and we are all still waiting .............well those that are left .........
Posted Image

#6 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

They don't need a new dialysis centre, waste of money. Take them to Boundary Park as they have been taking the ###s out of the public for years.

#7 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Fans to pitch in

OLDHAM Rugby League Club are asking fans to pitch in and support a sponsorship scheme with the potential to raise £56,700 towards ground development work at Whitebank.
Fans can sponsor one or more one-metre squares of the pitch for £10 per square and money raised will go into a specific ground-development account to be used exclusively for that purpose.
The pitch can be divided into 5,670 squares of those dimensions.
Supporters will receive a certificate for each square they sponsor and will be entered on a roll of honour to be published in each match-day programme next season.
Despite delays caused by circumstances outside the club’s control, Roughyeds are pressing ahead with plans for a new stand on one side of the ground, terracing on the other, extra turnstiles and new toilet and refreshment facilities.
They received a major boost last month when the local planning authority assured the club in writing that the scheme will not require Environmental Impact Assessment screening, thus saving the club a lot of work, time and expense.
In a letter to season-ticket holders and an upbeat message to rank-and-file supporters, chairman Chris Hamilton said the club needed to raise as much money as it could for ground improvements.
He added: “This is a groundshare scheme in which sharing is caring. It’s your club, your ground. You can play a massive part in this. Help us to take Whitebank forward and to develop a stadium we can all be proud to call home.
“A Certificate of Sponsorship for a piece of the Whitebank pitch, for example, would make a great Christmas present for the Oldham fan in your family or the person who has ‘everything’.
“This would be something different and the recipient would be part of the history of Whitebank and its development as a rugby league stadium.”

If we are 'pressing ahead' with the plans, when are they going to be submitted? Why would any right minded people pay money into a fund with no assurance that planning permission will be granted? What assurances are there that this money will be ringfenced for ground development (or are we supposed to accept CH's word for it)? How much funding is needed for the project and each phase? Has the club secured an RFL grant? Has it applied? Is the club working with the Trust on a ground development fund?

Edited by sheddings69, 11 December 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#8 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Who in their right mind would put money into a lost cause,especially into a club that has nothing,this is just begging on a grander scale.What a ludicrous scheme this is,and how could anyone be sure that the money they give will be used for what it should be used for.Does C H think people will come flocking to Whitebank with bags full of money or cheque books open no way not in these hard times these sort of things have been tried before and just die out,I am not being negative but this is a loser before it starts.Not gaining promotion last year will have a damaging effect on the club in so many ways the main one being income.I really hope I am wrong but nobody except the extreme die hards will have anything to do with this so called fund raiser.

#9 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

according comments on the fb page a local firm has set the ball rolling

#10 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Can't do any harm in my opinion.I'll be hopefully one of the many making this small contribution
One for all and all for the one

#11 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Who in their right mind would put money into a lost cause,especially into a club that has nothing,this is just begging on a grander scale.What a ludicrous scheme this is,and how could anyone be sure that the money they give will be used for what it should be used for.Does C H think people will come flocking to Whitebank with bags full of money or cheque books open no way not in these hard times these sort of things have been tried before and just die out,I am not being negative but this is a loser before it starts.Not gaining promotion last year will have a damaging effect on the club in so many ways the main one being income.I really hope I am wrong but nobody except the extreme die hards will have anything to do with this so called fund raiser.

Have to agree with every word roughyed. . . . . 13 years too late ............
Posted Image

#12 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Dont ask the pensioners.

They cant give their precious £10.00 present from the government for a bit of grass.

#13 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Would have thought that its up to each individual business or fan , including pensioners , whether or not they want to buy into this. ..nobody is forced to contribute . If it brings in much needed funds to the club don't personally see why it is a bad thing . I presume everyone wants to see some progress with the ground improvements sooner rather than later so seems to be another case of damned if they do ... damned if they don't.

#14 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I wonder how many square metres will the directors be sponsoring.?

#15 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Supporters will receive a certificate for each square they sponsor and will be entered on a roll of honour to be published in each match-day programme next season

If you buy a programme you will find out .

#16 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

If it helps the club then i'll be putting my habnd in my pocket. It's called supporting your club!

#17 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

had a gander at the next planning minutes for the 16th January on line and there doesnt appear to be anything whitebank related. Unless i have totally missed something.

#18 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

had a gander at the next planning minutes for the 16th January on line and there doesnt appear to be anything whitebank related. Unless i have totally missed something.

No nothing on today's agenda. Thought the picture of Regenda using local people doing the clearance work was promising. Especially the concrete blocks in view that they were standing on.

#19 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

i noticed them too

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#20 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

would we need planning permission to lay those concrete "plinth's" ??

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users