Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tom Coates

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Just thought I would post a BIG thank you to Tom.. I thought Daniel was helpful enough, but Tom; you are a breath of fresh air. The response times and detail of what is happening at the club that are being posted on this site have improved 10 fold since since you arrived. The media releases are superb and the quality of the website has also improved dramatically. I was also very impressed with the way you ran the fans forum.
I've no idea where we got you from, but thanks for all that you are doing. Not least since I understand you do it all for free.......

#2 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Just thought I would post a BIG thank you to Tom.. I thought Daniel was helpful enough, but Tom; you are a breath of fresh air. The response times and detail of what is happening at the club that are being posted on this site have improved 10 fold since since you arrived. The media releases are superb and the quality of the website has also improved dramatically. I was also very impressed with the way you ran the fans forum.
I've no idea where we got you from, but thanks for all that you are doing. Not least since I understand you do it all for free.......

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

:lol: Very good Mr Flex

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

You're very kind! I enjoy doing it and I get a lot of help from Tony Scargill, Vivien Calvert, Angela Burkinshaw, James Stephenson, Steve Horsfall and 'Roger'. It's one big team effort!

Glenn is an absolute pleasure to work with, as is Ryan Sparks (The Press) and Andrew Hunt (Dewsbury Reporter).

#5 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

One thing I would say about the club in the past is they weren't the best at keeping fans informed. But Tom is doing a great job with constant press releases and they are well written, not full of cliches.

Keep it up!

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

but his political beliefs will always let him down ;)

keep up the good work mate nice to see somebody with the hunger to take the club forward

and were all behind you :)

great work

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

and were all behind you :)

Yes you can see the que stretching for yards behind him. In fact its also nearly as wide as it is long!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#8 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yes you can see the que stretching for yards behind him. In fact its also nearly as wide as it is long!

if you were in any queue

it would always be as wide as long ;)

#9 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

if you were in any queue

it would always be as wide as long ;)

He was at the back of the queue when god was handing out brains :lol:

Sorry Piggy, you left yourself wide open for that one, funny though, none of this Dewsbury lot were clever enough to spot it.

#10 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Coolie - beat me to it!

#11 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

He was at the back of the queue when god was handing out brains :lol:

Sorry Piggy, you left yourself wide open for that one, funny though, none of this Dewsbury lot were clever enough to spot it.

Are there any threads Piggy can't hijack and completely change the theme of the original post ?

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

What about starting one about the curious link between Rams fans and cross dressing.... might leave that one alone B)

#13 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

What about starting one about the curious link between Rams fans and cross dressing.... might leave that one alone B)

Cross dressing ? is that where the wife makes you put a shirt and tie on just because you're (apostrophe provided) going to a funeral. :o

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Smoke and fire

how a post starts about young master thomas coates and ends up about cross dressing

what would the chances of that in the real world ;)

about the same odds as garath moore playing boxing day....or gfdu buying a round ;)

#15 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

You're very kind! I enjoy doing it and I get a lot of help from Tony Scargill, Vivien Calvert, Angela Burkinshaw, James Stephenson, Steve Horsfall and 'Roger'. It's one big team effort!

Glenn is an absolute pleasure to work with, as is Ryan Sparks (The Press) and Andrew Hunt (Dewsbury Reporter).

Andy and Ryan are both good lads, personal mates of mine
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Andy and Ryan are both good lads, personal mates of mine

Mr Kelsey, you need to get out more or get yerself a wife like GOR so you don't need the decision making part of your brain anymore

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Mr Kelsey, you need to get out more or get yerself a wife like GOR so you don't need the decision making part of your brain anymore

When I was a lad Billy Goat Gruff used to be a favourite on the wireless. Is this the start of a revival?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Be fair to the lad, PM.
Let him finish his GSCEs first.

Kelsey, I'm sure you won't take PM seriously. I think the close season has affected him more than ususal. He'll be back to his sensible self after Boxing Day.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#19 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Kelsey, I'm sure you won't take PM seriously. I think the close season has affected him more than ususal. He'll be back to his sensible self after Boxing Day.

Is Piggy getting one for Christmas then?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

You've met the wife then ? Young kelsey will come to realise that behind every successful man is a good woman --- nagging. Let him have a few years of freedom before he commits to wedded bliss - I would suggest about another twenty years. ;)