Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Levels of compensation for carpal tunnel syndrome

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

With regard to a work-related claim, I have heard of figures of between £6,000 to £17,000 and was wondering why such a huge difference? Is there a guide table for this condition?

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,001 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Don't get me started on this one. I know two absolute wasters who got a real wedge off their employers for this. I can't claim to hold an objective view on this because of this.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

They have a lot of TV adverts to pay for?

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

I've got a car and plenty of pals. All I need now is a tunnel.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I know it

Don't get me started on this one. I know two absolute wasters who got a real wedge off their employers for this. I can't claim to hold an objective view on this because of this.

I can vouch for the pain in both arms and hands, as well as numbness and pins and needles. It isn't pleasant and has kept me awake many nights. You just cannot get comfortable whilst lying in bed. I suppose any compensation would take into account any surgery and the after effects, but this can be unknown until you have it done. Mine has calmed down due to being off work with a wrist pain/swelling and taking medication. That said, I'm not too sure if I can go back to landscape gardening, given the physical work.

#6 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I put in a claim for dust related breathing problems and was asked by my solicitor if I suffered any other problems related to work. I told him I had had an operation to cure Carpel Tunnel syndrome and was informed that I couldn't claim as I didn't have it any more.

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I put in a claim for dust related breathing problems and was asked by my solicitor if I suffered any other problems related to work. I told him I had had an operation to cure Carpel Tunnel syndrome and was informed that I couldn't claim as I didn't have it any more.

I still have the condition even though it has calmed down to an extent. It all depends on what happens when I return to work and come off medication. I spoke to someone yesterday who had been through the operations on both hands yet it was now coming back.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I've got a car and plenty of pals. All I need now is a tunnel.

We've only got your word for that...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

We've only got your word for that...

Both of them will vouch for me.

#10 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,087 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Both of them will vouch for me.

So he's schizophrenic.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

So he's schizophrenic.

Well, admittedly one of them is.

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Well, admittedly one of them is.

Have you ever seen them together at the same time?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#13 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

No they don't get on with each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users