Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#1 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Looks like they are realy in dire straights. Sometime next week they will know their fate but it doesn't look good at all for them from the article I read. SL is a club killer. Can't post the link as on my mobile.

#2 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

http://www.salfordst...cle.asp?id=1616
:o

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

The figures make sorry reading. I wonder how many more clubs are in the same predicament. It is alarming that business men seem to lose their business capacity when dealing with sport. Unless they own their own ground liquidation is on the horizon. .

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Salford council as refused to loan Salford the money they were after if the RFL don't bail them out Im afraid their wont be a Salford team to support if the article I've been reading as any truth about it as we all know you can't believe what you read in papers and magazines.But they have definatley been denied the loan.

Edited by thundergaz, 11 December 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#5 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

well i think the rfl have made a rod for there own back after the bradford saga they have to help salford or is it one rule for one team and another for the rest???

#6 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Could we offer to dismantle the stands as I have a feeling they are not going to be needed.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Could we offer to dismantle the stands as I have a feeling they are not going to be needed.

:D :D
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Owd on a bit, we had enough, trailing over to Scarborough.

#9 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

As stated, it will be very interesting to see the attitude of the RL after the Bradford fiasco. New grounds are a hot potato at the moment and are likely to remain so for the distant future.

#10 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Link for the article from the BBC web-site

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20029722

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

As stated, it will be very interesting to see the attitude of the RL after the Bradford fiasco. New grounds are a hot potato at the moment and are likely to remain so for the distant future.

I agree bob but can the RFL keep bailing these clubs out? Because I've got a feeling Bradford and Salford won't be the last to need financial bail outs. Also if the RFL keep bailing clubs out why don't all the clubs in SL spend loads of money to try and win the league? Who cares if they go bust the RFL will front the fee. I know that last statement was a bit OTT but you know what I mean.

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Where does all this leave Sale. Do they share any of the debt? Ground sharing usually implies some sort of joint financial commitment. This sort of thing happens so often it makes you wonder if the so called business men involved have a clue about finance. What state are their own companies in? Are the RL going to be Santa.

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Just read they are 4.5 million plus on debt can you see the RFL paying that? I can't at least at the bulls the RFL own their ground what as Salford to offer? Nothing by the sounds of it.

#14 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Where does all this leave Sale. Do they share any of the debt? Ground sharing usually implies some sort of joint financial commitment. This sort of thing happens so often it makes you wonder if the so called business men involved have a clue about finance. What state are their own companies in? Are the RL going to be Santa.

sale have nothing to do with salford, both are simply tenants of the privately owned city of salford stadium

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I really do doubt the RFL will be Santa col their is nothing for the RFL to gain by bailing Salford out their debts are huge and growing bigger and bigger as each day passes at least the bulls had a ground to offer the RFL Salford don't even have that I hate to say it but all I can see is at best is that they will be playing in the championship next season but I've got a gut feeling there won't be a Salford RLFC anymore.

Edited by thundergaz, 12 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#16 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

and if they do play in the cc i just hope the rfl don't want us in to make the numbers up because how sl stands now were better where we are it's a lot better comp than sl it's looking like it's going to be a cracking season 2013

#17 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

and if they do play in the cc i just hope the rfl don't want us in to make the numbers up because how sl stands now were better where we are it's a lot better comp than sl it's looking like it's going to be a cracking season 2013

Its funny you should say that i thought they would come knocking too for us to make the numbers up.Im with you on this one though i dont think SL is a place for us at the minute as were not ready yet.Just hope they dont come knocking because if we turn them down i doubt they will knock again.

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

sale have nothing to do with salford, both are simply tenants of the privately owned city of salford stadium

Yes, but if Salford go Sale will face the full rental unless a new tenant is found. So it will affect them

#19 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Sheffield are 'champions', let them go in ;)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#20 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

What about Sale in SL? I bet they would still finish higher than C@S.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!