Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Ticket Holders Nominations

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I agree Lee. It's far too quiet on here so let's get things going on rugby and Club matters.

I see in tonights Mail nominations are invited from 2012 season ticket holders for positions on the BOD for 2013 season. Nomination forms to be submitted to the Club secretary by noon on 24th December 2012. A season ticket holders meeting will then be held.

It's good to see that the Articles and Constitution are being properly adhered to. I'm sure it's quite a number of years since this was properly done. Certainly pre 2000.

Must people attending the meeting be 2013 season ticket holders or 2012 holders.

Edited by Michael Ashton, 10 December 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

#2 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I would presume the AGM will also be on the sme night Michael ?

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#3 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

STH meeting is 14 January and AGM is on 24 January.

Season Ticket Holders meeting is for 2012 season ticket holders. As per the A of A, two directors (myself and Phil Heighton) are standing down for re-election at this meeting.

I'm unsure what is happening re voting of debenture holders' directors as I missed last week's meeting due to work commitments. No doubt an advert will appear in the NWEM outlining what is happening.

Posted Image

#4 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Many thanks for that info Keith. I'm amazed at the lack of comments on this stream. Let's hope that there is a good turn out at the meetings like last year and not like previous years when only about 20 usually turned up. It is our Club and the best opportunity for supporters to show there interest.

Just a couple of points Keith. Where will the meetings be held and what time.

Posted Image

#5 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Many thanks for that info Keith. I'm amazed at the lack of comments on this stream. Let's hope that there is a good turn out at the meetings like last year and not like previous years when only about 20 usually turned up. It is our Club and the best opportunity for supporters to show there interest.

Just a couple of points Keith. Where will the meetings be held and what time.

There is a bit in my Wednesday column on this Michael - they are both at the Lisdoonie. The time will be in the advert in the NWEM I guess (I have to admit I am not sure off the top of my head). I'd guess at 7.30pm ish.

Posted Image

#6 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks again Keith for such a swift response.

Shouldn't you be working. LOL

Posted Image

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Its against Keiths religion that Michael :rolleyes: :lol:

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thanks again Keith for such a swift response.

Lunch time Michael - honest LOL.

Posted Image

#9 tezza73

tezza73
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

So that we are able to vote on the re-election of Directors, will there be updated pen-pics of each Director, stating his role, what he has contributed to the club as a Director and what projects he has been in charged of and money raised?

Will the accounts be ready for the AGM?

I presume there will be a published Agenda?

#10 robmac

robmac
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

http://www.barrowrlf...ils.asp?id=1206

#11 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

The a and a's are so far out of date and I believe need professional people updating them not members of the board. The club can not be ruled by the articles that bare no resemblance to a club run in the 21st century. Perhaps if we concentrated more on the running of the club than securing certain personal positions we would lose half the board without really noticing they have gone. I am torn as we are now voting off or on people who are actually achieving.
Can I ask you who is standing down or up for re-election from the debenture holders? Are we going to see a one man one vote or are we still going to be governed by the majority debenture holders who placed certain members of the board ahead of the likes of Neil Martin?
The a & a's are a joke and this club is still controlled by certain debenture holders until the a & a's are changed for the good of the club. From what I have witnessed some people think they are on there for life and stated such an opinion.

Edited by soss, 11 December 2012 - 06:03 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#12 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

The a and a's are so far out of date and I believe need professional people updating them not members of the board. The club can not be ruled by the articles that bare no resemblance to a club run in the 21st century. Perhaps if we concentrated more on the running of the club than securing certain personal positions we would lose half the board without really noticing they have gone. I am torn as we are now voting off or on people who are actually achieving.
Can I ask you who is standing down or up for re-election from the debenture holders? Are we going to see a one man one vote or are we still going to be governed by the majority debenture holders who placed certain members of the board ahead of the likes of Neil Martin?
The a & a's are a joke and this club is still controlled by certain debenture holders until the a & a's are changed for the good of the club. From what I have witnessed some people think they are on there for life and stated such an opinion.

can neil not get back on the bod by the season ticket holders route

#13 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I don't think he would now, however knowing what we know now he should have stood at the season ticket holders election.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#14 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I don't think he would now, however knowing what we know now he should have stood at the season ticket holders election.

he has until 24th december to get his nomination in

#15 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

It's not a timing issue it's an ethical and moral issue...votes were cast at the last elections not for the good of the club in my opinion.

Edited by soss, 11 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#16 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'm lost a bit here. Who writes the A and A's. Is it different for every club or is it one set rule for every club.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#17 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

The articles of association have not changed for years and are still based on the originals written in ..I may be wrong..the 30's.
The last revision is still to be clarified as they were never submitted and as such the old articles were used last year. They have been looked at by two board members but I left before anything has been agreed to be put before the debenture holders at the AGM. I believe in the one man one vote as things can not be railroaded through by a group of individual debenture holders.
The maximum you can own is 25,000 per individual, however there are only so many can be issued governed by the value of the business (club). So if say 400,000 debentures are issued and certain people who own the maximum amount agree to vote a certain way then there is very little that the minority share holders can do. As it only takes a few maximum share holders to vote for everyone else other than the person they don't want on the board to make that happen.

#18 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Sorry Livo..yes the articles are different for ever company but should be reviewed regularly.

#19 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

The Articles of Association were written on the 30th of March 1930 and have been subsequently amended on a number of occasions. Mike is correct in saying that they are dated and need to be completly re vamped as they do not reflect the current buisness.

It was sugested that the companies house model articles should be used with slight amendments to fit the club. Any amendment to the Articles of Association would need to be handed out at the AGM and confirmed by the debenture Holders to be correct.

I have a copy of the set that was available 12 months ago and there certainly is not any mention that Directors voted on are on for life ?

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#20 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

thank you michael. wasn't sure thats all
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users