Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Ticket Holders Nominations

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#41 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Me too...with mine.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#42 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

So are you saying that we should change the rules to suit the people that didn't get on the BOD last time around ? Because that's what it sounds like. Would you be kicking off if it had panned out like you imagined.. I don't think so

Very well put.

I agree with Michael's posted.

#43 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Im sure that all those that took the time out to go and use there debentures to vote would like to know that they were not waisting there time if the outcome is all the result of a few people.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#44 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Unfortunately things come back round to bite people on the ass.

Surely if you think the voting was the corrupt there is something that can be done?

Edited by Blue moon, 13 December 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#45 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Not corrupt just orchestrated..nothing illegal or against the rules. Perhaps that is why the rules need to be looked at very carefully and a decision made for the benefit of the club.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#46 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

All Limited Companies are controlled by share holders and the greater the holding the more control the individual has. Look at some of the Premier football clubs.

I'm not a lawyer but I would have thought the only action would be to wind the company up and form a members club. I think that would only open another massive can of worms with the Inland Revenue,the Bank,the Building Society and many other groups and organisations. Apart frrom anything else it would mean liquidating the company by selling all the assets and paying off the liabilities.

Posted Image

#47 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'm not suggesting the rights are taken away. I just think that there should be more representation from the season ticket holders through their one man one vote. As I say 4 directors voted for by the debenture holders and 3 by the season ticket holder would be more reasonable. When the debenture holders are allowed to vote for nine directors they can effectively block people from the board.

#48 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Do you really think having just 1 vote per person would of affected the outcome of the new BoD?

#49 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

At least you would have the BoD that the majority of number of people vote for

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#50 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Expressed my opinion and explained why..we all have our own and it's down to the debenture holders to agree any changes proposed.

#51 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Expressed my opinion and explained why..we all have our own and it's down to the debenture holders to agree any changes proposed.

As long as we dont have to vote on any changes lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#52 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

As long as we dont have to vote on any changes lol

You come out with some classic one liners Lee.

#53 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

At least you would have the BoD that the majority of number of people vote for

I think people got what they wanted to be completely honest with you.

#54 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

DWB read my posts again..I agree with Michael what I'm saying is there are fairer ways of working the election of members. It's barrows loss not mine that Neil didn't get on the board and if you can't see why or how that happened then you need to wake up and smell the coffee. If your happy with the way things are then that's great. I personally think we need modern upto date a&a's that also give the fans more of a say in the election of board members rather than the large debenture holders being able to chose 9 of the 12 positions. I say again cut the board to 7, 4 elected via debenture holders and 3 elected via season ticket holder through a one man one vote system for the season ticket holders.

Please explain to me why you think its Barrow loss ? The Members/Share holders voted not to have Neil on the board. End of discussion, move on
You cant now come along and demand the rules are changed to suit.
Ps If you felt that the A and A was out of date when you first joined the BOD, why didn't you change in then ?
Smell the coffee.. Genius mate..

#55 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I think people got what they wanted to be completely honest with you.

Correct

#56 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 964 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Correct

yea some people did

#57 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

For the up and coming Season Ticket Holders Meeting. I think Phil and Keith have done a stirling job this season. Both will be standing again next season. I hope people vote for them. They deserve it.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#58 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

yea some people did

It don't matter how the voting goes not everyone is going to get who they want on the BoD

#59 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Why are they so adamant to get on the board. What is the real reason ?

He's an idea. Why not buy more shares, which would give themselves more say in the voting. This would also help fund the new floodlights (sorry that was last weeks whinge)
Its a win win for everyone

#60 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well said Livo indeed they have its a good job we have people like them on board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users