Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Ticket Holders Nominations

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#61 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

There you go SOSS. Get Neil to stand against Phil and Keith. Thats 1 person, 1 vote is it not

#62 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

But Soss want 3 people voted on from the season tickets.

#63 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

But Soss want 3 people voted on from the season tickets.

3 ?
I get it... Soss plus 3.
So reducing the BOD down to 7 would give a majority of 4.
Haven't we been here before with the previous BOD (Majority ruling)
Once bitten, twice shy

#64 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

You either don't read threads or just don't get it do you DWB!

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#65 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

You’ve had all-night to think of a comeback, and that’s your best effort

#66 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Not corrupt just orchestrated..nothing illegal or against the rules. Perhaps that is why the rules need to be looked at very carefully and a decision made for the benefit of the club.

Hear Hear.

#67 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

From the outside looking in I was amazed that Neil did not get voted onto the BoD after his efforts in helping out the club in its hour of need, we need folk on board who want only the very best for BRLFC.

Phil, Keith, Neil & Soss all fit the bill in my opinion.

Question, Can anyone attend the Deb holders meeting, As in open to the general public ?

#68 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Lets get this thread into perspective

In 2011 I put time and money into the clive street wall re build before a closure notice was placed on the ground. I truly believe Along with Alan Stoker I gave my hours to save the club from certain closure during 2011. I came to assist the current BoD as Cheif Financial Officer due to none of the current BoD wanting or understanding the role at the time. I came up with the ONLY idea to yet again save the club during 2012 which the BoD has kept well hush. I was the only one that put the lighting plan and information together (without the BoD even thinking about it) and sent it to the RFL in a timely fashion to allow the club to go into Championship. I have continued to asist with the legal aspects behind the scenes that could still bring the club to its knees should it be ignored.

For all the small minded people who post #### on here that think that one the current BoD was voted on by the majority of people YOUR WRONG and for those that think I am bitter because I did not get voted on YOUR WRONG my selfless concerns were always for the future club. For all those that supply remarks back when I voice conmcerns about the future of the club WILL YOU STAND AND BE COUNTED WHEN THINGS GO WRONG.

I will not be standing for election as my opinion remains that there is a few good hard working guys on the BoD but many that do little but wear a badge on game day and take the free ride to away games.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#69 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Lets get this thread into perspective

In 2011 I put time and money into the clive street wall re build before a closure notice was placed on the ground. I truly believe Along with Alan Stoker I gave my hours to save the club from certain closure during 2011. I came to assist the current BoD as Cheif Financial Officer due to none of the current BoD wanting or understanding the role at the time. I came up with the ONLY idea to yet again save the club during 2012 which the BoD has kept well hush. I was the only one that put the lighting plan and information together (without the BoD even thinking about it) and sent it to the RFL in a timely fashion to allow the club to go into Championship. I have continued to asist with the legal aspects behind the scenes that could still bring the club to its knees should it be ignored.

For all the small minded people who post #### on here that think that one the current BoD was voted on by the majority of people YOUR WRONG and for those that think I am bitter because I did not get voted on YOUR WRONG my selfless concerns were always for the future club. For all those that supply remarks back when I voice conmcerns about the future of the club WILL YOU STAND AND BE COUNTED WHEN THINGS GO WRONG.

I will not be standing for election as my opinion remains that there is a few good hard working guys on the BoD but many that do little but wear a badge on game day and take the free ride to away games.

Maybe voice your concerns properly. You practically called Livo a thief on here the other week without saying it.

Your constant witty remarks are ####### people off. If you've got something to say just say it.

#70 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

You’ve had all-night to think of a comeback, and that’s your best effort

All night? You assume I'm on the same timeline as you. That is the problem with assumption it's usually wrong.
As for me wanting to get on the board, I just resigned so why would I want to get back? For your information there are already 3 board members voted on by the season ticket holders. What I advocate is less directors as it is impossible to run the club with twelve. That is why the a&a's need to be representative of the clubs needs in the present day.
I'm sick of trying to explain this to you without you going on the "you have a beef with the board" road. Try listening and understanding someone's opinion, an educated one at that, even if you disagree with it.
If you disagree please please please represent yourself with a counter and not just a rant.

Edited by soss, 14 December 2012 - 08:53 AM.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#71 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

All night? You assume I'm on the same timescale as you. That is the problem with assumption it's usually wrong.

Your right, if you's hadn't assumed you knew who was getting on the BoD you wouldn't of been so let down.

You've both let your selves down massively since coming off the BoD, maybe if you had come out with all the truths in the beginning instead of trying to be worry and clever about who's now left on the BoD people would see exactly who and what your on about. I for 1 would really like to know who is and who isn't worth the badge along with many others.

#72 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Then ask the question of the board!!!!

#73 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

But Soss if you supposedly already know these answers tell us.

#74 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

we should only have people on the BOD who REALLY have the best interests of the club at heart. If there any freeloaders on there they should be jettisoned whether they were voted on or not...I know its difficult to just get rid without extraordinary meetings etc....but the club will not survive without the right people on the BOD.

Lets get it sorted before its too bloody late!

Edited by morty, 14 December 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#75 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

But that's the issue some people are voted on not by merit but by debenture holder who want them there. Once there only the board themselves can vote them off!
Or when they are up for election which has to be by the a&a's....that is why you need a closer margin of seats between debenture holder elected members and season ticket holder members of the board. As I have said from day one there are too many directors.

Edited by soss, 14 December 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#76 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

we should only have people on the BOD who REALLY have the best interests of the club at heart. If there any freeloaders on there they should be jettisoned whether they were voted on or not...I know its difficult to just get rid without extraordinary meetings etc....but the club will not survive without the right people on the BOD.

Lets get it sorted before its too bloody late!

Agreed! But sniggering and sneering at people isn't going to help.

Neil, Soss who do you think justifies there place on the BoD?

#77 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

That's not a fair question as it involves my opinion..what should happen is the board should let us all know what their role is and how they have strengthened the club through their role. There are some great guys on the board but there are some there that are either not up to the job or do not have the experience to fulfil a given position.

I could tell you my ideal board from who is already elected if it was reduced to seven.

David Sharp Chairman
Keith Holt. Finance/commercial
Phil Heighton. Bars and refreshments
Keith Nutter. Communication
Andy Gafney. Rugby development
Alan Park. Ground development/maintenance
Jimmy Tongue HSE

I would expect these people to be supported by either non executive directors or volunteers from the business community, however these people would be accountable for their own section of the running of the club.

#78 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Maybe voice your concerns properly. You practically called Livo a thief on here the other week without saying it.

Your constant witty remarks are ####### people off. If you've got something to say just say it.

For one I never called Gary a Theif I said he was against stock takes and asked the question why ? secondly if you dont think my post has already spelt it out then keep reading it until the penny drops.

Edited by D11, 14 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#79 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Agreed! But sniggering and sneering at people isn't going to help.

Neil, Soss who do you think justifies there place on the BoD?

My suggestion would be for each Director to supply there own details of what they were appointed for , what there goals were and what they have done/raised. This is open and if there is nothing to hide then why hide it.

#80 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

For one I never called Gary a Theif I said he was against stock takes and asked the question why ? secondly if you dont think my post has already spelt it out then keep reading it until the penny drops.

Really well that isn't what it looked like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users