Season Ticket Holders Nominations

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#121 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

'The reason I left was I found it impossible to work with them after the proposed restructure'
Didn't you put your personal feelings before the best of the club. Surely if you thought things were not going right you would have stayed and tried to put them right.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#122 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Correct Michael,
So why did we need to Finance officer (or what ever Neil's tile was)

your type of person that will kill this club because you either do not understand the situation or you just don't want to...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#123 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

'The reason I left was I found it impossible to work with them after the proposed restructure'
Didn't you put your personal feelings before the best of the club. Surely if you thought things were not going right you would have stayed and tried to put them right.

i tried mate as you know but you can only put so much time in..what people don't realise is that is that Neil and myself are still involved for the love of the club not for glory. All I want personally is a board that is functional and self sustaining. What pisses me off is the fact that when we question what is happening we get slagged by all and sundry. Perhaps we are wrong and should state our grievances outright but would that do more harm than good?
I don't want to be the bad guy and there are some really good people involved in the club but the present situation does not work. I look at people like you and Tracy, karen in the office and the board members that actually put the hours in..I think it's great then I look at the negatives..people that didn't want "the dalton mafia" and you know who you are ..d11wnk. We are not so stupid as to what went on but you fulfil a great place in the barrow raiders club. We were never against you.
I hate being the one that after all I said against the last board that nothing has changed, however with david sharpe in charge I hope it will.
Please don't think I'm totally negative about barrow I just want people to be accountable for the position we have given them....

Edited by soss, 14 December 2012 - 08:57 PM.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#124 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Why don't we try and make some money out of this. All the people on this thread come down to the bar tomorrow and slag it off to your hearts content. As long as your buying beer I'm not bothered. Lets say 7pm. Bring your spouses as well.

#125 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Sorry mate but I'm in Thailand with Yvonne but I would love your company..and all the others there even if you asked an awkward question..I'm an honest guy; you take me or leave me.
All I have is the love of rugby at heart..and I want to see barrow do well. Don't blame me for that.

Edited by soss, 14 December 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#126 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

the post clearly reads that he would be under the general control of the board he would not have free reign over implementing financial strategies without the bod agreeing so the scenario that you envisaged would not arise

Sorry reading it again I've read it wrong. I do agree lol.

#127 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Sorry mate but I'm in Thailand with Yvonne but I would love your company..and all the others there even if you asked an awkward question..I'm an honest guy; you take me or leave me.
All I have is the love of rugby at heart..and I want to see barrow do well. Don't blame me for that.

If I was in Thailand with my misses I'd be enjoying myself not on a rugby forum getting all wound up your head should be red with sun burn not anger.

#128 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm sure if you know me you will know how red my head is after only one week...lol

I'm sorry mate but I'm just so passionate about barrow I can't help myself..lol

#129 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

The BOD that Alan Stoker put together was not elected.

Your right for once. The resigning board co-opted Alan and Neil on to the board before they resigned as they recognised what was required to save the club...well done DWB...you were not quite there but you had the right idea...

Edited by soss, 14 December 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#130 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

you been sarcastic soss or is that a compliment to dwb?????

#131 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

You know me mate...lol

#132 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thats fair enough Mike. If you were being sarcastic I'll blame it on the vodka. If it was a compliment, fantastic. Dwb deserves one.

#133 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Now the date for the AGM has been announced. I have no doubt that the hard working guys on the BoD will be looking forward to the meeting and those board members that have not puled there weight will be either putting in a sicky, looking for excusess or will be extreemly worried about questions that will come from the floor. What would be handy would be a copy of the minutes of each BoD meeting since September last year. This will clearly show what was discussed who was to action items and who got on with it and who did nothing. One thing that I ensured when I was running the meetings ( somtimes 2 to 3 per week) and taking the minutes was that items were repeatedly brought up until they were actioned and completed. Im sure that a clear pattern would emerge that would put a stop to the arguments on this forum on what has been acheived by whome and get rid of this saying of "give them time to gel".

Of course the details of the minutes could not be provided to the public but as an example: How many grants were applied for by the grant Director and who chased grants, the answer is in the minutes . and why does it cost thousands to change a light bulb. The Chairman could have control of the minutes and simply look up the answers therfore any Director not atending could have the answers delivered by the Chairman.

Just a thought.

Edited by D11, 15 December 2012 - 06:55 AM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#134 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

As I've said before Neil I hope there is more than the usual 20-30 oldies that turn up at the AGM.

Can anybody on the Board say whether there is any chance of a copy of the accounts before the AGM.

Posted Image

#135 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

The 2011 accounts must have been sent by now to Companies House so an abreviated set will be available on line for £1. I cannot see any problem with providing a copy in the shop for any debenture holder's that wants a copy.

#136 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

The BOD that Alan Stoker put together was not elected.

The BoD that Alan Stoker put together recognised the need for more Directors to fill the positions required. The intrim Board paved the way for the present BoD to press on but lack of enthusiasm/knowledge and an understanding from some that were voted on of how much work was required to keep the club going in the right direction has not heped over the past 12 months.

The need to raise £100k was recognised out with the floodlight requirements and yet 12 months on the original target of £100k has not been met and a further £100k is now required for floodlights.

#137 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

What happened to the grants you sorted out Neil ?

#138 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Your right for once. The resigning board co-opted Alan and Neil on to the board before they resigned as they recognised what was required to save the club...well done DWB...you were not quite there but you had the right idea...

#139 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

What happened to the grants you sorted out Neil ?

While I was on the board my time was spent on dealing with debtors/the bank the HMRC and a plan forward, when i was asked to assist the current BoD I was looking at the financial position and reporting the future requirements. The Grants that i looked at were for the floodlights and as i have previously stated I passed it on to a director and the rest is history. I was not left with looking into grants as there was Directors with that sole task.

Are you insinuating I did not do enough dwb ?

#140 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

On the Companies House website the accounts are shown as filed but as you say,Neil, they will only be abbreviated accounts. I'll have a word with Karen for a full set.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users